"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked this in the other thread for Pairing Priority (the one about Olivia > Sumia), but well, I think I'll just re-ask this here. If someone wants Chrom to marry the maiden ONLY and none of Sumia/Maribelle/Sully/Olivia/female Avatar-MU, do those candidates HAVE to be all married before Chapter 11 if Chrom has absolutely no interaction with them prior to ending Chapter 11? Like absolutely no interaction. No pairing up, no event tiles (well I think the pairing up includes this), or anything. And uh, hopefully nothing in the Barracks too...

Or should I have asked in that thread anyway?

Edited by Cordelia

None of them have to be married before Ch.11. I glued Chrom and Fred together for solo'ing to test for the Village Girl's base stat and modifier contributions (And Village Girl's stat contributions? Just Lucina's. Modifiers were 0).

Technically they don't have to be married as long as you are very careful with placement and don't accidentally rack up support points, but in my personal experience it's easier if they are married. I liked having fail safes just in case I got screwed over by the barracks. It also helped that the men I wanted to marry the girls off to all appeared before Chapter 11 (Sumia to Frederick, Maribelle to Gaius, Sully to Stahl, and Olivia to Libra, though for that last one I just had Chrom avoid her like the plague during the whole chapter 11. My Avatar was male, so that helped too).

Thanks for the answers. :3 I was curious for my guy's experimental play... (Lucina wrecker....)

And another question... if I save over my first play with a new game (Lunatic trial), will my support logs from that play still be saved into the game memory or whatever? Or will I lose the logs from that game? At most, I want to keep my current Normal/Classic game as my main thing and then keep Hard and Lunatic separate... if only we can have more than three save files? I guess if I ever dare to try Lunatic+, I might just override Lunatic with it, I guess....

And another question... if I save over my first play with a new game (Lunatic trial), will my support logs from that play still be saved into the game memory or whatever?

yes, they will continue to be viewable in the support log available in the Extras section.

Back with an internal level question, but Master Seals don't add to your internal level, right? If I promoted my Cynthia, then Second Sealed her back to a Thief, then her internal level would be 10, right?

This just an idea I came up with, but...

If you used boots on a summoned unit (for example, an old avatar you recruited from your past save) and updated the logbook, then reset without saving, would the unit in the logbook have the Move buff from the boots if you recruited them again? And if you did this repeatedly, could you give a summoned unit infinite Move? blink.gif

Back with an internal level question, but Master Seals don't add to your internal level, right? If I promoted my Cynthia, then Second Sealed her back to a Thief, then her internal level would be 10, right?

I was wondering this as well.

If you use a Master Seal on any character, his or her internal level becomes 21, regardless of however many Seals he or she previously consumed.

edit: I think I made a mistake wrt Second Seals, so I'll quote Othin instead:

Levels before using a Master Seal don't matter; you just get set to a class level of 21. When using a Second Seal, however, the game takes your current class level, subtracts 1, and cuts it in half, then adds it to your internal level.

So a LV16 Hero who's never reclassed will be counted as LV36 no matter what their level was before promoting, and if they reclass, they'll be counted as 18 levels higher than their new class level. So if they become a LV1 Cavalier, they'll count as LV19; if they become a LV1 Paladin, they'll count as LV39.

Meanwhile, these internal levels stop counting at a certain point based on difficulty level: 20, 30, or 50 for Normal, Hard, and Lunatic, respectively. So if you've reclassed a character a bunch of times on Hard, then when they end up back as a LV1 Hero, they'll count as LV51; if you do the same on Lunatic, they'll count as LV71 as a LV1 Hero.

Edited by Redwall

Well, as Nocturnal YL said, there's a different between Internal [invisible] Level, Level you're treated as, and visible level.

Internal [invisible] Level = Zero at the start. Increases by half the visible level [floor] every time the second seal is used. Gets added with the visible level and +20 bonus if promoted to get "Level you're treated as".

Level you're treated as = Value is the current visible level + your internal level. +20 if promoted. The value that determines experience gained from enemies hit/defeated.

Visible Level = The level displayed on the screen.

At least, that's the way I understood.

Edited by shadowofchaos

If you use a Master Seal on any character, his or her internal level becomes 21, regardless of however many Seals he or she previously consumed.

edit: I think I made a mistake wrt Second Seals, so I'll quote Othin instead:

Well, as Nocturnal YL said, there's a different between Internal [invisible] Level, Level you're treated as, and visible level.

Internal [invisible] Level = Zero at the start. Increases by half the visible level [floor] every time the second seal is used. Gets added with the visible level and +20 bonus if promoted to get "Level you're treated as".

Level you're treated as = Value is the current visible level + your internal level. +20 if promoted. The value that determines experience gained from enemies hit/defeated.

Visible Level = The level displayed on the screen.

At least, that's the way I understood.

This... is getting a bit confusing, and I need to ask some questions to clarify.

So... If there is an internal level cap, I'm pretty certain I hit it a while ago.

Does reclassing to a Tier 1 class and then promoting to a Tier 2 class decrease the internal level cap?

How do Dread Fighter and Bride affect internal level, since their EXP growth is treated like a Tier 1 class?

This... is getting a bit confusing, and I need to ask some questions to clarify.

So... If there is an internal level cap, I'm pretty certain I hit it a while ago.

Does reclassing to a Tier 1 class and then promoting to a Tier 2 class decrease the internal level cap?

How do Dread Fighter and Bride affect internal level, since their EXP growth is treated like a Tier 1 class?

Nothing decreases the Internal Level. It only rises until it hits the cap.

If they gain EXP like a Tier 1, then as far the EXP formula is concern, it's Internal Level + Displayed Level.

Answer to question 1: No

Answer to question 2: They are treated like special classes. Think Villager and Dancer. There is no +20 applied to them because they are not a promoted class.

That's the thing... people are using "Internal Level" and "Level you are treated as" as interchangeable.

Redwall used "internal level" instead of "level you you are treated as".

Take this for example:

You have a Level 10 Lord Chrom from the beginning of the game. Never reclassed. Has a Master Seal. Internal Level is zero.

When he promotes to a Great Lord using a master seal, this happens:

Internal Level: 0 (It's untouched. There's no change because it wasn't a second seal)

Level You are treated as: Visible level = 21. And he's promoted, so +20. Therefore level he is treated as = Level 21 unit when he gains experience.

He gains Levels until he's Level 10 Great Lord.

Internal Level: 0

Level You are treated as: Visible Level = 30(10 + Promoted 20) = Level 30 Unit when gaining experience. This is normal.

Visible Level: 30

Here's where it splits.

He reclasses to a Paladin via Second Seal:

Internal Level: 15 (Visible Level is 30/2 when he reclasses)

Level you are treated as: 15 (Internal Level) + 1 = Level 16 Unit when he gains experience.

If he had reclassed to a Cavalier instead:

Internal Level: 15 (Visible Level is 30/2 when he reclasses)

Level you are treated as: 15 (Internal Level) + 1 (Visible Level) = Level 16 Unit when he gains experience.

Let's say we went the Paladin Route.

He's now a Level 15 Paladin.

He reclasses to a Great Knight.

Internal Level: 15 (from previous) + 17 (Visible Level 35/2 rounded DOWN) = 32

Level You are treated as: 32 (Internal Level) + 21 (Visible Level) = Level 53 unit when he gains experience.

Edited by shadowofchaos

^interesting...That is something ive been curious about but was never arsed to really ask about.

But heres a small question diving off of that one: Does Paragon make it so that:

Level 33 unit when he gains experience.

is treated as say...half that?

^interesting...That is something ive been curious about but was never arsed to really ask about.

But heres a small question diving off of that one: Does Paragon make it so that:

is treated as say...half that?

i think it's like all previous versions of Paragon, just doubles the xp you would normally get

think about it, otherwise on Lunatic a max level of 90/2=45, and you're not getting 16 xp on level 1 enemies like that

Edited by shadykid

Cynthia at base as a LV10 Pegasus Knight gains Exp as a LV10 unit.

Cynthia as a 10/1 Pegasus Knight --> Falcon Knight gains Exp as a LV21 unit. The same goes for 15/1, 20/1, and anything in between. Doesn't matter what level she promotes at.

Cynthia as a 10/1 Pegasus Knight --> Knight gains Exp as I think a LV5 unit. Maybe LV6, whatever.

Cynthia as a 20/1 Pegasus Knight --> Knight gains Exp as I think a LV10 unit. Maybe LV11, whatever.

Cynthia as a 10/1/1 Pegasus Knight --> Falcon Knight --> Knight gains Exp as a LV11 unit. Same with 15/1/1, 20/1/1, etc. Again, the game doesn't care what level you used the Master Seal at.

---

Does this clear everything up?

Ah. What if I Second Sealed her at 20/20, would she still gain EXP as a level 11 unit?

Thanks!

That's exactly what it means.

The levels gained during unpromoted classes and then promoting using a master seal don't get added to the internal level even when you second seal them after you level the promoted unit.

Answer to question 1: No

Answer to question 2: They are treated like special classes. Think Villager and Dancer. There is no +20 applied to them because they are not a promoted class.

That's the thing... people are using "Internal Level" and "Level you are treated as" as interchangeable.

Redwall used "internal level" instead of "level you you are treated as".

Take this for example:

You have a Level 10 Lord Chrom from the beginning of the game. Never reclassed. Has a Master Seal. Internal Level is zero.

When he promotes to a Great Lord using a master seal, this happens:

Internal Level: 0 (It's untouched. There's no change because it wasn't a second seal)

Level You are treated as: Visible level = 1. And he's promoted, so +20. Therefore level he is treated as = Level 21 unit when he gains experience.

Visible Level: 1 (on the screen)

He gains Levels until he's Level 10 Great Lord.

Internal Level: 0

Level You are treated as: Visible Level = 10, Promoted +20 = Level 30 Unit when gaining experience. This is normal.

Visible Level: 10

Here's where it splits.

He reclasses to a Paladin via Second Seal:

Internal Level: 5 (Visible Level/2 when he reclasses)

Level you are treated as: 5 (Internal Level) + 1 (Visible Level) + 20 (Promoted) = Level 26 Unit when he gains experience.

Visible Level: 1 (on screen)

If he had reclassed to a Cavalier instead:

Internal Level: 5 (Visible Level/2 when he reclasses)

Level you are treated as: 5 (Internal Level) + 1 (Visible Level) = Level 6 Unit when he gains experience.

Visible Level: 1 (on screen)

Let's say we went the Paladin Route.

He's now a Level 15 Paladin.

He reclasses to a Great Knight.

Internal Level: 5 (from previous) + 7 (Visible Level 15/2 rounded DOWN) = 12

Level You are treated as: 12 (Internal Level) + 1 (Visible Level) + 20 (promoted) = Level 33 unit when he gains experience.

Visible Level: 1

That helped a lot.

Thanks!

Ah. What if I Second Sealed her at 20/20, would she still gain EXP as a level 11 unit?

Thanks!

A LV20 Falcon Knight? No, in that case she'd be counted as a LV40 unit before reclassing, so after reclassing to a Tier 1 class, she'd gain Exp as a LV20 unit. At LV1, with her promotion gains gone. So yeah that sort of thing is a bit inconvenient.

Meanwhile if she reclassed to another promoted class, or even back to Falcon Knight to keep gaining levels in that class, she'd start gaining Exp as a LV40 unit. Which is where she was already, so you really just keep going as you were, Exp-wise.

A LV20 Falcon Knight? No, in that case she'd be counted as a LV40 unit before reclassing, so after reclassing to a Tier 1 class, she'd gain Exp as a LV20 unit. At LV1, with her promotion gains gone. So yeah that sort of thing is a bit inconvenient.

Meanwhile if she reclassed to another promoted class, or even back to Falcon Knight to keep gaining levels in that class, she'd start gaining Exp as a LV40 unit. Which is where she was already, so you really just keep going as you were, Exp-wise.

huh, your example actually differs from shadow's for this

not that I really care, grinding is easy

Edited by shadykid