"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can skills be passed from unit to unit? Or are they stuck on the character that got them?

As far as individual units are concerned, they're learned at certain levels in certain classes stored in a sort of pool, which can be used in any class. What skills they can get is limited to how many class trees they have access to.

As far as skill inheritance goes with child characters: You can pass down skills from both parents. The skills have to be equipped (the amount equipped can't exceed any more than five) and the last ones to be equipped onto both parents before accessing the chapter in which the child character can join. For example, (and I'm being hypothetical for the sake of this,) Henry has Wrath, Magic Slayer, Acrobatics, Vengeance, and Counter equipped in that order while Mariabel has Secluded Lady, Magic Expert, Renewal, Resistance Cry, and Lightning Speed equipped in that order. If both Henry and Mariabel have an S support, Brady should join with Miracle and Healing Heart from his class, and Counter and Lightning Speed from Henry and Mariabel.

Krom is an exception to the way the skill inheritance works in that he'll always pass down Royal Weapon to his son (I.E. either Brady, Mark, or Azure, depending on who Krom marries among Mariabel, Female!Rufure, or Olivia respectively.), and Aether to his daughters (I.E. Lucina regardless of who he marries, and either of Cynthia or Dezel, depending on who Krom marries among Sumia or Soiree respectively.) Lucina's the same way in a sense, but that depends on if Male!Rufure marries her or not.

Edited by Little Al

How feasable would it be to get Lightning Speed on one of the male children? I know it's technically possible, but if it would take until the post game to get it, I probably won't try it.

Sumia and Tiamo would get the skills first, but they would only get to pass it on to Female Mark, Selena, Cynthia and Lucina (well, it'd probably take a lot of grinding for her) with their pairings.

That would leave Liz, Mariabel and... less likely, Olivia (I guess FMU to Male Mark too). But they need to class change and promote to get to Dark Peg.

Royal Weapon + Lightning Speed Male Mark sounds sort of cool to me.

How feasable would it be to get Lightning Speed on one of the male children? I know it's technically possible, but if it would take until the post game to get it, I probably won't try it.

Sumia and Tiamo would get the skills first, but they would only get to pass it on to Female Mark, Selena, Cynthia and Lucina (well, it'd probably take a lot of grinding for her) with their pairings.

That would leave Liz, Mariabel and... less likely, Olivia (I guess FMU to Male Mark too). But they need to class change and promote to get to Dark Peg.

Royal Weapon + Lightning Speed Male Mark sounds sort of cool to me.

It's not going to happen without grinding, at least not if you plan to get the kid at a point in the game where you'll be able to use them without grinding.

Can someone with an endgame Lunatic file and a ridiculously overpowered character verify the reinforcement pattern I've been investigating for the Final?

Turn 2

Paladin

Dragonmaster

Assassin

General

Turn 3

Hero

Sage

Battle Monk

Swordmaster

Battle Monk

Assassin

Hero

Great Knight

Turn 4

Trickster

Great Knight

Berserker

Griffin Knight

General

Dragonmaster

Dark Pegasus

Assassin

Turn 5

Valkyrie

Hero

Falcon Knight

Paladin

Turn 6

Great Knight

Assassin

Dark Knight

Sniper

Turn 7

Bow Knight

Griffin Knight

Hero

Dragonmaster

Dragonmaster

General

Sniper

Sniper

Turn 8

Falcon Knight

Dark Knight

Dragonmaster

Sorcerer

Paladin

Sniper

Griffin Knight

Valkyrie

Turn 9

Battle Monk

General

Paladin

Hero

Turn 10

General

Bow Knight

Sniper

Dark Pegasus

I've gone up to Turn 25 so far, but I only included up to Turn 10 here because I figure that's more than enough to see if the patterns are the same. It seems consistent upon resetting, so it doesn't appear to be random, but it also goes ridiculously long without looping, and from what I understand, it's infinite. I know the SpotPass character order changes depending on the game, so I want to see if this does, too, or if it's really as weird as it looks.

Edited by Othin

I'm about a day's worth of effort from having a 70+ defense Mark, I'll give it a shot. That file doesn't have any limit breakers yet though so it might have to wait until I've limit broken it.

EDIT: Actually, a limit broken Tiki from my other lunatic file should be just fine. I'll let you know when I got off work in a few hours.

Edited by cheetah7071

Ah HA! It's a 20-turn cycle, but there's some formula that rotates the classes for later cycles.

Turn 3

Hero

Sage

Battle Monk

Swordmaster

Battle Monk

Assassin

Hero

Great Knight

Turn 23

Bow Knight

Dark Knight

Sage

Assassin

Sage

Trickster

Bow Knight

General

Turn 43

Sniper

Sorcerer

Dark Knight

Trickster

Dark Knight

Falcon Knight

Sniper

Berserker

As you can see, at the #3 turn in each cycle, the #1 and #7 units are the same, as are the #3 and #5 units. The actual units are different each time, but the pattern follows the game's class order: Great Knight --> General, Battle Monk --> Sage --> Dark Knight --> Sorcerer, Swordmaster --> Assassin --> Trickster.

This, this makes so much more sense.

Edited by Othin

So it's:

Paladin>Great Knight>General>Berserker>Warrior>Hero>Bow Knight>Sniper

Valkyrie>Battle Monk>Sage>Dark Knight>Sorcerer

Swordmaster>Assassin>Trickster>FalcoKnight>Dark Pegasus

Dragonmaster>Griffin Knight (?)

with a few more links necessary for the whole cycle. Interesting how they made a cycle to add variety.

I have a question about skill inheritance. If the child already has the last skill of the parent due to being in a class with that skill, do they get a previous skill the character has or none at all? Similarly, if both father and mother have the same last skill.

Just tested with Sarya x Viole (easy, since Noir is an Archer). I gave both of them SKL+2 and Early Initiative (Archer skills) and a random one they picked up along the way. The game ignored the Archer skills if they were the last ones and went straight for the last "other" skills. Perhaps this will explain my point easier:

Sarya: Hit+20, Skill+2, Early Initiative

Viole: Hit+20, Skill+2, Early Initiative

Result: Hit+20, Skill+2, Early Initiative

Sarya: Vengeance, Hit+20, Skill+2, Early Initiative

Result: Hit+20, Skill+2, Early Initiative

Sarya: Bow Expert, Skill+2, Early Initiative

Result: Bow Expert, Hit+20, Skill+2, Early Initiative

Sarya: Skill+2, Early Initiative

Viole: Skill+2, Early Initiative

Result: Skill+2, Early Initiative

Errr... Just a question about doubling or whatever it's called (Units fighting together)

Do both units gain normal exp for fighting? (I'm just wondering if they get half exp or something like that)

Edited by Zelos

Errr... Just a question about doubling or whatever it's called (Units fighting together)

Do both units gain normal exp for fighting? (I'm just wondering if they get half exp or something like that)

The main unit gets normal Exp. The supporting unit gets some sort of reduced Exp if they damage the enemy.

Do Taguels and Manakete's keep their weaknesses after class changes? And do they lose Beast Buster and Dragon Buster in other classes? It would sort of suck if they keep the weaknesses and lose the buster skill.

... To be honest, are there enough enemy dragons to make Dragon Buster useful?

I'm thinking Nono might be better off getting reclassed as a Draco Knight or Mage as soon as possible to build the weapon ranks earlier.

On the topic of EXP gains while in Double or activating a Dual Attack...

If the pair manages to kill the enemy and the supporting partner has dealt at least 1 damage, then the main gets kill EXP and the support gets the equivalent of just hitting the enemy (eg: 30EXP for kill, 10EXP for hit).

If the pair doesn't kill the enemy, then the main gets hit EXP and the support gets 1/2 hit EXP (eg: 10EXP for hit, 5EXP for hit).

^ Probably won't notice unless you're purposely cherry-tapping the enemy.

That's what I've noted so far (on a few of pages with messy writing).

Oh, and if anyone wants to try boss abusing on Lunatic? Don't even think about it. You get 3 rounds of combat at 100% EXP gain, then each subsequent round after that? -1 EXP until EXP gain reaches 0. And the countdown is global, so everyone's EXP will start dropping regardless if they've entered combat with the target. WEXP seems to drop to 0 right after the 3rd round, but I wasn't checking that too closely... Staff users are exempt for obvious reasons.

And I'd like to confirm something. Can someone kill Raimi with a Lv2 unit preferably not on Lunatic? Miriel got 49EXP after all the hit EXP reductions, and I know that killing a Lv4 Thief with a Lv1 unit results in 60EXP because of the 3 level difference (boss bonus of +20EXP and Thief bonus of +20EXP). If the Lv2 unit gets 60EXP for their trouble, then total EXP gain from a kill is equal to Hit EXP+Kill EXP.

Just tested with Sarya x Viole (easy, since Noir is an Archer). I gave both of them SKL+2 and Early Initiative (Archer skills) and a random one they picked up along the way. The game ignored the Archer skills if they were the last ones and went straight for the last "other" skills. Perhaps this will explain my point easier:

Thanks for answering my question. Checking for the one before the default skills is good, although it seems it doesn't care if both parents have the same skill after the check.

I have another question that will be more relevant soon, but I guess can be checked in Lunatic(+) to an extent. If a character has Evil Dragon Scale and a Shield+ skill, would that mean they cannot receive any damage at all from the weapons the specific Shield skill blocks (outside of dual attacks)? Or is it sent to 1/4 damage (for some reason like EDV counted first and then the Shield in battle)?

Gimle can stack EDS with Great Shield to get 25% damage from physical attacks. From what I understand, there is currently no way to fight an enemy with both EDS with a Lunatic+ skill, as both Gimle and Fauder have no room for such bonus skills, but Great Shield+ is just Great Shield with a 100% activation rate.