"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has probably been covered before, but I can't find it anywhere on SF.

Regarding Change Seals, when you change back into a class that you previously were, is the level retained? So if Krom turns from a level 20 Great Lord to a Sniper, then to a Great Lord again, will he be at level 20 or level 1?

Also, how exactly do stats decrease when you use a change seal?

This has probably been covered before, but I can't find it anywhere on SF.

Regarding Change Seals, when you change back into a class that you previously were, is the level retained? So if Krom turns from a level 20 Great Lord to a Sniper, then to a Great Lord again, will he be at level 20 or level 1?

Also, how exactly do stats decrease when you use a change seal?

He will be LV1. Characters always become LV1 upon using a Master Seal or Change Seal or any other class-change item. You can even use a Change Seal to turn back into a LV1 version of your current class, but only at maximum level (LV20 normally, LV30 for single-tier classes).

Stats don't necessarily decrease. Rather, they change accordingly to the difference between the two classes base stats. You can plug in the classes and find how it'll change from any class to any class here: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/classchange.html

The specific way this works is that characters always have absolute stats, and then their class base stats are added on top of that to create their actual (displayed) stats. Through class-changing, you can end up with values that would violate the stat caps; in this case, the stat is reduced to the cap, but the game remembers what it would have been if not for the cap and uses that to calculate stats on future class changes.

Let's say Sol is a Swordmaster. His displayed HP is 80, the maximum; his absolute HP is 60, while his class base HP is 20, adding up to 80. If he uses a Change Seal to become a Myrmidon, his HP would be lowered to 76 because Myrmidons only have a base HP of 16; however, Myrmidons, as an unpromoted class, have a maximum HP of 60. So going from Swordmaster --> Myrmidon in this case, he'll instead get -20 HP. However, if he then promotes back to Swordmaster, the game will remember his 60 absolute HP and give him back his +20 for a total of 80 once more.

Well, in order to go Great Lord --> Sniper --> Great Lord, he'll have to reach LV10 as a Sniper first to change back, which means leveling up and probably getting some stat gains. Aside from those stat gains, though, yes.

However, his Exp gains will be lower, unless they've already reached the minimum. For an explanation of the mechanics behind this: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=33640&st=300&p=2107332entry2107332

It's randomly chosen from what I've heard from other members. I don't really understand your second question.

Well, in order to go Great Lord --> Sniper --> Great Lord, he'll have to reach LV10 as a Sniper first to change back, which means leveling up and probably getting some stat gains. Aside from those stat gains, though, yes.

However, his Exp gains will be lower, unless they've already reached the minimum. For an explanation of the mechanics behind this: http://serenesforest...2

Thanks. I was wondering if changing to the default class again was disadvantageous in any way, but it doesn't seem like it.

I've read about the exp. decrease, but seeing how the stats are kept intact when changing back to default classes, it doesn't seem that bad.

When you download a Spotpass team is the character randomly chosen for that day or do you get to pick.Also when you download a team do they restart their appearance or do you have to re download the team.

When you connect to SpotPass, you download all the SpotPass data that's ever been available so far: all the characters, all the maps, etc., permanently. From that point on, you can summon the characters from previous groups anytime you want. However, for the current group, whatever that is at the given time, you start with only one character unlocked. 24 hours after you visit the list for that group, you unlock the next one, and so on. The order is random, but depending on some setting on your game, seems to be set for all teams: I always have character #10 first, then #9, for example. (#10 is the main lord; #9 is usually the villain.) Once you download the next team, however, all the characters from the past team become available and stay available.

Each copy of the game (or each 3DS system?) seems to have its own order of SpotPass team availability. I get #2 first, and #10 comes second-to-last, ending with #1. So basically I'll have to wait one more week for the more interesting and high-level teams to show up.

If MU and another character get married (Say Olivia) would you be able to get both Mark and Azure?(Just need confirmation on this :) )

Yes. Same thing with Krom.

Yes, to that example. If MU is male, you'll always get the wife's child along with Mark (or just Mark if the wife is a 2nd generation character or Anna/Sairi/Tiki/Flavia/Emelina). If MU is female, you'll only get Mark since none of the male characters have their own children. Krom is the exception since he'll always have Lucina.

The story is much debatable, so don't take my answer as being absolutely correct. Here's my take:

It seems that the parents and children come from different timelines. In other words, the children aren't really from the future of the timeline MU is from.

Mark's origin is unknown and doesn't seem to be from the same future the other children are from. Maybe Mark's from the future of MU's own timeline, or maybe there's a third timeline - nothing is certain until IS releases some more materials on this.

What is the name for the generic enemies in the final sidequest? I don't know enough kanji to figure out what the first character translates to, and I don't know how to find it to copy it into a translator.

Edited by Othin