"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are Battle Cleric? Is being able to use both staffs and axes as good as it sounds?

It's great for Libera, but others will have a hard time reaching competence in both weapon types.

It's great for Libera, but others will have a hard time reaching competence in both weapon types.

But how is it has a class all together?Do they deal high damage,can they heal as well as other healers? Can they take a hit? Also can't you buy items that increase your weapon rank in this game?

Edited by Silver Mercenary

It isn't all together. If the character has good Str and a decent axe rank, they'll hit hard. If the character has good Mag and a decent staff rank, they'll heal well. But few characters have more than one of the two.

I should note that the class's base stats are rather pitiful. I don't at all recommend reclassing characters into it if they start as a fighter class; they'll get worse combat in exchange for healing they can't really take advantage of. For Liz and Mariabel, it's an option for sturdiness, but don't expect them to have much fighting ability, if any. E Axes with just 4-7 Str backing it up is a bad place to be upon promotion, and Mariabel will have even worse.

Arms Scrolls are available, but uncommon. Don't expect to find them in great numbers.

Looking at the classes and how they connect as a whole, Battle Cleric exists so Clerics and Troubadours would have something to promote to that would be noticeably different from Sage/Valkyrie to have variety in options. It just wasn't a good option, for the most part.

Edited by Othin

Well, aren't there a bunch of spotpass Battle Cleric characters? Not an ideal choice for a pure playthrough, but there's that. Or are they crippled in strengh too (considering how most were Bishops originally)...?

Edited by NeonZ

Just L'arachel so far, but she should be competent. I'm not sure about her stats for her level, but then, her SpotPass team only has three enemies, so while they're powerful, they should be manageable to a team that could make use of her.

Serra and Moulder showed up promoted in the class as DLC enemies in two of the RvB maps, but when you actually recruit them through SpotPass, they're unpromoted. Moulder might have the Str for axes, but he'll still be starting from an E weapon rank, unlike Libera and L'arachel with their C and B ranks, respectively.

Edited by Othin

Looking at the classes and how they connect as a whole, Battle Cleric exists so Clerics and Troubadours would have something to promote to that would be noticeably different from Sage/Valkyrie to have variety in options. It just wasn't a good option, for the most part.

Also they're pretty similar to D&D clerics, who spend part of their time healing and part of their time bashing people's heads in with a mace; and axes are close enough to maces I guess.

Has anyone gotten a Double Bow from IDW and at some later point loaded the game without the SD card and checked to see if the Double Bow shows up properly without it?

This will answer the question of whether the Double Bow is programmed into FE13 or downloaded with IDW, and should also answer whether or not we'll eventually get it for free through SpotPass or something. I'd check it myself, but I don't have a Double Bow.

I have a question about internal levels. (Don't have the game, so sorry if I screw up some of the details.

Say I want to change Krom(Lord) into a Cavalier. I wait to level 10 (10 internal levels) so he can get Charisma.

As a Cavalier, will he continue getting exp as if he was Level 10?

And with promoting, say I go from Lord to Great Lord. Previous games the experience gained as a promoted unit wasn't dependant on when you promoted. like promoting at level 10 vs. level 20.

In Awakening, would you gain levels faster promoting earlier [(10/1) vs (20/1)], or does it balance out?

I'm wondering since I always had the compulsion to go to Level 20 then promote for the stat gains, but class changing/promoting early seems like it would be the fastest way to get all the skills and level up. It seems the internal leveling system makes going all the way to 20 pointless, except when you want to max stats, or if there a skill you REALLY want.

Class level = Displayed level (+20 if promoted, +0 if not)

When a character uses a Change Seal, the game saves half their class levels as internal levels, which then get added to their class levels when determining Exp gain. So:

10 Lord --> 1 Cavalier = LV6

20 Lord --> 1 Cavalier = LV11

10 Lord --> 1 Great Lord = LV21

20 Lord --> 1 Great Lord = LV21

Internal levels are cumulative from all times using a Change Seal, as well as the DLC class items; they work the same way - up to a point. The game only saves a certain number of internal levels per character depending on the mode.

Normal: 20

Hard: 30

Lunatic: 50

So on Normal, no matter how many times you reclass Krom, when he's a LV1 Great Lord, he'll gain Exp as at most a LV41 unit, which isn't great, but it's reasonable with the sorts of enemies he can take on. On Lunatic, however, if you've reclassed him enough, his Exp gains can slow to the pitifully slow rate of a LV71 character even as a LV1 Great Lord, and they'll just get slower as he progresses in the class. Fortunately, there's a minimum of 8 Exp per kill, and characters in this situation will make full use of it.

It's worth noting that enemies can have internal levels as well, but I don't know how much or when.

The 8 EXP minimum applies to higher modes then?

Yes.

I should note that the minimum is before applying War Experience and Paragon, so with both, you can get up to 24 Exp on the most lopsided of kills. Simply hitting an enemy only has a 1 Exp minimum, however, before considering all this, and on Lunatic/Lunatic+ with SpotPass skirmishes, all battles give just 1 Exp no matter what.

When you encounter a spotpass team unit do you get to choose if you can hire them or fight them or no?

Yes, you can choose to fight or hire them. You can even buy things from them.