"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

Yes, you can choose to fight or hire them. You can even buy things from them.

Specifically, as with past-game SpotPass teams, you can buy one of each item they're holding. The team leaves afterward, though.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Specifically, as with past-game SpotPass teams, you can buy one of each item they're holding. The team leaves afterward, though.

after the skirmish is finished or after purchasing their items and can you hire them and purchase their items or no?

after the skirmish is finished or after purchasing their items and can you hire them and purchase their items or no?

You can only do one of those actions(either skirmish with them, hire them with gold or purchase items) and they'll dissapear until you summon them to the map through the spotpass menu again.

How good is Lightning Speed in practice? It looks to be absolutely incredible, but does that transfer over to gameplay or is it just another "pretty good but not excellent" skill?

How good is Lightning Speed in practice? It looks to be absolutely incredible, but does that transfer over to gameplay or is it just another "pretty good but not excellent" skill?

It's pretty much exactly what it sounds like. I'd say it's the second best skill in the game, after Rainbow Cry.

I heard if Donny has good growths, he pairs well with Mariabel so Brady can make the best use of the battle priest class, though such a pairing would require grinding Donny's levels. No idea on Sumia, as few people have really talked about Cynthia at all. Other than Krom and MU, Sumia only has Frederick, Gaia, and Henry as options, though. Fred gives Cynthia draco and cavalier as an option which plays to her strength in lances, Gaia nets myrmidon and thus eventual use of Astra, and Henry nets dark mage. It's kind of a toss-up here as far as additional options go, but if you want to leave Cynthia as a peg knight, Gaia probably has the best growth synergy.

Mariabel has Henry and Libera. I'd say Libera because Henry gives him some Str growth (remember Henry's base Str growth is 35%) since you care about the Battle Cleric class. Libera makes him an okay Battle Cleric but overall a good healer and decent mage.

All of Sumia's options are good, but go for the one you are currently using. Bases matter quite a lot, and they all offer good classes to Cynthia. Frederick gives Cynthia some good growths, but Henry makes Magic on Dark Pegasus somewhat viable...

Donny is best paired with someone with a female child, so Soiree, Tiamo, Sariya, Nono. His class availability is some shit because he only really passes down 3 classes (who the fuck uses Villager seriously). To females, he passes Troubadour/Pegasus Knight/Mercenary which is good, and you can pass down Good Growths while you're at it.

Edited by Lord Raven

Fels and "Village Girl"

Oh, that explains some fanart I've seen of the Village Girl. Thanks for the answer.

Was anything said of Fels in the game or did she say anything interesting? Valhart's subordinate? She's the chapter 17 valkyrie boss and one of the few female bosses in this game, but there has to be a better reason why she tied with Flavia.

I have another question, is every character usable?

Depends on how you define "usable". With grinding, any character can be effective, but then everything can become incredibly easy in that case.

I mean like caps and supports and stuff like that.

This is just from my research, since I don't have the game. Hopefully this answers your question, and someone please correct me if I got this wrong.

You can check the maximum stat modifiers here, which are added to the caps of each class.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max.html

Pretty sure Donny's still bad in this regard. I don't who is technically good (guessing MU, Velvet, Emelina and Valhart), but something to note is that all of the second gen kids get a +1 boost to all their caps from their parents which will give them the best potential, with the best unit (by max stats) going to Mark. Of course it'll take a while for you to hit most of these caps, so the growth modifiers will probably matter more unless you plan on grinding a lot before the end game.

Everyone will have a decent amount of support partners, Krom and Sumia have a few less, the kids have each other and their parents. Some of the spotpass/late game characters have really limited options. I know Basilio and Flavia have a support, but I think everyone else is stuck with only MU. I suppose they won't be able to dual attack/guard as often without MU, which could impact their performance. DLC characters offer no supports at all, but some have exclusive classes and special skill sets, which are either impossible, or just require lots of reclassing to recreate.

I would guess everyone is useable in Normal, but some characters are definitely a bit better. Donny and some of the children might need a bit more help but they can still get trained, especially if the parents pass good skills and base stats. The pressure will rise as difficulty goes up, grinding will actually get harder from how the random battles work, and I think the pre-promotes, Krom and MU will be the better ones. Nosferatu users (MU, Sariya, Henry, and Inverse) will be good too. The children (except the first one you get) and Donny will be tossed aside.