"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that Seth was in the DLC. If so, can you explain his backstory/whatever for me?

He's one of the 120 characters available through SpotPass; he doesn't have much presence in the paid DLC. So there's no real story details for him in this game.

I'm a bit confused with the fact that you're able to buy weapons used in spotpass maps (unless they are actually not the weapons used by them). If that is true, I could get infinite Silver/Brave, Nosferatu/B-rank tomes and special* weapons before available in the regular or merchant shops as soon as I receive the spotpass. Is there a limit to spotpass summoning on the world map? And can someone post a sample of what a random spotpass map sells?

You can summon up to 10 teams at a time. You can only buy 1 copy of what the Spotpass team is selling, but you can always summon them again.

Let's take Alvis's team. His team will sell a Silver Sword, Silver Lance, Bolagnone and Thoron. You can't buy the Falaflame from the team. You can't buy any item that's worth 0G.

Silvers, Braves, you name it - anytime after Ch3, you can buy unlimited copies of just about any weapon with a cost from the teams.

You can find lists of what they hold in the Normal section of the enemy data.

When I said special* items, I meant the ones marked * on the site like Leaf's Prizesword and Cellica's Gale.

Hmm, it still seems open to abuse that you could buy those weapons as early as the Other world gate is open. It's like you only need to wait for the Azure/Selena/Nn's gaiden after chapter 13 to have unlimited Change Seals and then everything you need is at your disposal in unlimited quantities before the regular shops start selling them.

Is it true you can adjust the 3DS clock to have merchants appear sooner or get Everyone's Room gifts? Donny getting statboosters and a Glass Lance would help out a lot.

Yeah, you can buy the character weapons. And Change Seals are also available after Ch16, which is generally more convenient than any of those sidequests.

Hey Othin, are you far enough in your Lunatic+ playthrough to have the otherworld gate open? If so, can you quickly check if the Est DLC is different on Lunatic and Lunatic+?

No difference.

I'm on Ch10 so far. The past couple of chapters weren't so tough, actually, but I decided to go for Anna's sidequest and it's ridiculous. Haven't tried it in a while.

Edited by Othin

Is there any major differences between the two Pegasus Knight promotions, Falcon Knight and Dark Peg? Other than the fact that they have different weapon setup.

The weapons are the most prominent difference, but there's also the skills. Falcon Knights quickly get Speed Cry, an incredibly useful ability, especially on the higher difficulties. Dark Pegasi get Movement Cry, which has its uses, but isn't so impressive. Ultimately, they gain access to Lightning Speed, arguably the second-best skill in the game, potentially far more useful than Speed Cry, but it takes quite a bit longer to get it.

Falcon Knights also ultimately get Lance Expert, which is useful, but not as notable. They also have better stats all-around.

Could someone please explain in detale how exactally the change seal works (With the whole adding/ halving levels/ stats)?

Characters have access to certain base classes. At LV10+ unpromoted or anytime when promoted, they can use a Change Seal to access the other unpromoted classes. At LV10+ promoted, they can use a Change Seal to access the other promoted classes, as well. At the maximum level in any class, they can return to LV1 in that class. Using a Change Seal at any other time also sets the character to LV1 in that new class.

As for Exp gain: when using a Change Seal, half the character's levels in their previous class are saved as internal levels. These are added to any previous internal levels they've gained. Promoted classes are counted as their displayed level +20 for all purposes.

So let's say I'm using Krom. I level him up to a LV20 Lord, then use a Change Seal to turn him into a Cavalier. He's now a LV1 Cavalier, but he'll gain Exp as a LV11 unit due to having 10 internal levels. Then I level him up and promote him to Paladin. He's now a LV1 Paladin, and he keeps those 10 internal levels, so he now gains Exp as a LV31 unit. It doesn't matter what level I used the Master Seal to promote him from Cavalier to Paladin. Anyway, I then level him up to LV20 as a Paladin and then use a second Change Seal. A LV20 Paladin is counted as a LV40 unit (level +20), so he'll get another 20 internal levels from this, for a total of 30. So if I turn him into a Great Knight, he'll be a LV1 Great Knight, but gain Exp as a LV51 unit. I could also turn him back into a LV1 Paladin to gain more levels in that class; he'll still be counted as a LV51 unit in that case.

Now, LV51 is a bit high, and this brings me to the last part. The game only cares about a certain number of internal levels, depending on the difficulty setting:

Normal: 20

Hard: 30

Lunatic: 50

So this holds true on Hard and Lunatic. But on Normal, he'll have hit the cap; the game will still only register 20 internal levels. So as a LV1 Paladin or Great Knight or whatever else, he'll only gain Exp as a LV41 unit, and no matter how many levels he gains in various classes, that's still the least Exp he'll gain as a LV1 promoted unit. This makes grinding faster and easier.

So lets say I have a situation where Sol has an A support with both Velvet and Tiamo. After some time he gains enough points for an S with Velvet, but I ignore the talk on the menu for them. Would I still be able to get an S with Tiamo since I did not make Sol and Velvet at S though they have the points for an S? It would be that much easier to get all supports if this were the case.

So lets say I have a situation where Sol has an A support with both Velvet and Tiamo. After some time he gains enough points for an S with Velvet, but I ignore the talk on the menu for them. Would I still be able to get an S with Tiamo since I did not make Sol and Velvet at S though they have the points for an S? It would be that much easier to get all supports if this were the case.

Yes.

However, filling the support library isn't quite that simple. See, both Chambray and Serena have parent/child supports with Sol, available only if Sol is their father. Same goes for all other such pairs. The conversations are largely the same as their other possible father supports, but in the Support Library, they're counted separately. So if you want to get all of those supports in the Support Library, it'll take a bit more work and probably using multiple save slots if you intend to do several of those on one playthrough.

Yes.

However, filling the support library isn't quite that simple. See, both Chambray and Serena have parent/child supports with Sol, available only if Sol is their father. Same goes for all other such pairs. The conversations are largely the same as their other possible father supports, but in the Support Library, they're counted separately. So if you want to get all of those supports in the Support Library, it'll take a bit more work and probably using multiple save slots if you intend to do several of those on one playthrough.

Yeah I knew about the different parent/child supports and all that. But knowing this makes it a whole lot easier barring those, Krom's case and MU gender differences. Thanks for the response Othin.

can you have dublicates of DLC/Spotpass unitsunits

Ex 2 dlc Ikes 2, 2 spotpass Rays

No. You can get a DLC Ike alongside a SpotPass Ike, and when SpotPass King Marth is released, you'll be able to have him alongside SpotPass Prince Marth and DLC Marth. You can also have SpotPass Tiki alongside regular Tiki. But you can't have multiples of the same version of the same character.