Choral Mafia V: Whispers of the World

riariadne

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, and then the other stuff that happened but that's not something I should probably bring up anymore

also some other stuff that you said like how the town was being dumb and you said they didn't deserve to win, and it was making me suspect that everyone else in the graveyard was saying the same thing and i got kind of worried

Edited by Sentamos

The reason I'm against tactical modkills is because they show a certain disregard for the implicit rules of the game. You're right, perhaps the penalty wasn't made harsh enough, but there was a penalty there in the first place because the mod didn't want you to do it.

And as for the Obviam thing, I haven't been playing long enough to know what that's about, and I think that's the case with a large portion of the current playerbase.

Another thing that made me annoyed with this game was how close it was. Like, we lynched correctly 4 days in a row and got lucky with a mafia death N1, and if the modkills hadn't happened we would probably still have lost, after one mislynch D1 and a nolynch D6. Only one and a half mislynches in a 25 player game is kind of ridiculous.

And as for the Obviam thing, I haven't been playing long enough to know what that's about, and I think that's the case with a large portion of the current playerbase.

In Unicycle Mafia, Obviam intentionally posted a screenshot of his role pm at L-1 and one minute before the phase ended. This caused him to be modkilled and all votes on him to be voided, resulting in the person who previously had the second most votes to be lynched instead.

*sighs*

Dude, if you want to die, you friggin' LIE about your claim ("you must lynch me today, because I stop all kills at night, but if I'm shot, I stop the next day's lynch"), hint that you have no results, then flip gracefully. Calling everyone a retard won't do it. Also, learn to rely on more than meta.

I am indifferent to tactical modkills, and am damn glad that wasn't me that was modkilled alongside you.

sorry for not playing how you wanted me to

next time just PM me how i am supposed to play

thanks

The reason I'm against tactical modkills is because they show a certain disregard for the implicit rules of the game. You're right, perhaps the penalty wasn't made harsh enough, but there was a penalty there in the first place because the mod didn't want you to do it.

If you don't want someone do something, you have to make a harsh enough punishment so no one does it. No disrespect to Strider at all, I enjoyed the game thorougly, but the thing is you play to win, and if that involves a tactical modkill or whatever then yeah, you do it. I play to win, and if you don't like it I'm sorry. It has nothing to do with "showing a certain disregard for the implicit rules of the game;" the goal is to win, and that's what I wanted to do.

End story: There's a super easy fix so that this doesn't happen again, and if hosts don't want it to happen then put in rules to make sure it doesn't happen. Getting mad at people who "take advantage" at the rules or however you want to put it is silly. Refer to the analogy on basketball fouls. Would you call that an implicit disregard for the rules of basketball?

Which is exactly why I'm planning on introducing the following rule in all games I will be hosting/co-hosting from now on:

If you tactically modkill yourself, your faction will automatically lose and I will ban you from participating in any further games that I am hosting.

Also, I read through the Obviam thing in Unicycle. If I were part of SF at that time, I'd be calling him out on it.

boron that's actually bullshit because then somebody could grief with a tactical modkill and all the other people who put legit effort into the game would lose instantly

Edited by Prims

boron that's actually bullshit because then somebody could grief with a tactical modkill and all the other people who put legit effort into the game would lose instantly

Yeah, that's actually a good point ...

But seriously people ... tactically modkilling yourself. Don't do it. Seriously.

It's not the same as a foul in basketball, and if you don't see the rules as any more important than those in basketball, then you can be rest assured that the penalties against tactical modkills in Pokemon Adventures will be much harsher.

Like I said the analogy. I was talking about fouling late in the game when you are down in the hopes that the opponent will miss his free throws so your team can regain possession. Obviously you didn't bother to read my post (a recurring theme) so don't make uninformed comments when you don't know what you are talking about.

i don't really care seeing that i won't be joining your game because i am a terrible guy because i am a cheater blah blah blah

we should probably drop this argument given that there's nothing more to discuss with jalmont and i posted a solution to it ages ago:

w/e the problem is easily fixed by including a vague "if you attempt to modkill yourself to further your win condition, i will go out of my way to make your alignment worse off than it was before your death" rule and following through with it

sorry for not playing how you wanted me to

next time just PM me how i am supposed to play

thanks

Now that you know, if you walk into a situation like that again, you'd better not mess up.

That goes for the rest of you.

It's called creativity. Need to get lynched? Make the town think it's a Damn Good Idea for you to be lynched. Need to keep a lynch off of you? Good luck, 'cause that's what most of the game is trying to do.

uhhh except it WASN'T a good idea for him to get lynched over the cop fakeclaim you just drove him to kill himself as a last resort

it is never a good idea to lynch yourself, ever. unless you are virgin and even then it's questionable in forum mafia.

Edited by Prims

In Unicycle Mafia, Obviam intentionally posted a screenshot of his role pm at L-1 and one minute before the phase ended. This caused him to be modkilled and all votes on him to be voided, resulting in the person who previously had the second most votes to be lynched instead.

yup fml =(

Anyway, I don't see how tactically modkilling yourself helps you if it causes your alignment to change to survivor/SK or whatever's been done in the past. As far as the player getting modkilled should be concerned, they would have lost, even if town would have eventually won after the modkill.

And if you think it's alright for you to break the rules and spoil the game for everyone else in the interest of winning, hen breaking the rules gives you no benefit whatsoever, then...

Now that you know, if you walk into a situation like that again, you'd better not mess up.

That goes for the rest of you.

yep because clearly the one way to mafia is your way thanks for enlightening me

yup fml =(

Anyway, I don't see how tactically modkilling yourself helps you if it causes your alignment to change to survivor/SK or whatever's been done in the past. As far as the player getting modkilled should be concerned, they would have lost, even if town would have eventually won after the modkill.

And if you think it's alright for you to break the rules and spoil the game for everyone else in the interest of winning, hen breaking the rules gives you no benefit whatsoever, then...

Because honestly, it doesn't really mean anything. i may not canonically win or whatever, but everyone knows that I was part of the village that won. You can think I lost, that's fine. But I know (and I am sure there are others too) that I won the game along with the rest of the village. Saying that I receive "no benefit whatsoever" isn't true (but then again what benefit are we playing for again?).Again this problem is easily solved with what prims said so no need to discuss that again.

Your last sentece is both incorrect and wrong. I didn't spoil the game for "everyone." I made the best of a crappy situation not just brought on by myself, but by everyone else as well. I may not have played perfectly, but neither were the people playing in the game at the time. Saying I ruined the game is ridiculous because I didn't. It might be different if it was day 1 or whatever but it wasn't. If you don't think I won, then fine that's your opinion and then your statement becomes valid, but the truth of the matter is that you are wrong. Sorry.

I don't mind defending myself from people who think what i did is bad or whatever but you don't need to personally attack and question my morality. thanks