The second batch of DLC

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess is that it's going to be postponed again, probably because they want to pad in some time before the last UT and after the last batch of SpotPass characters. You know, like how there were two weeks with no DLC after the first UT/Resort.

Edited by nocturnal YL

They could always release the last Ultimate Training map without telling us a thing about it. That way, everybody would be trying to unlock the secret character, but nobody would know for sure how to do it, or if there even is one, not to mention, we wouldn't even know for sure how to complete the map itself. It is the last one, after all, so maybe they want to surprise us.

Edited by Strunk

They could always release the last Ultimate Training map without telling us a thing about it. That way, everybody would be trying to unlock the secret character, but nobody would know for sure how to do it, or if there even is one, not to mention, we wouldn't even know for sure how to complete the map itself. It is the last one, after all, so maybe they want to surprise us.

Well, we do know something about it. It has at least one enemy with lunatic+ skills, dragon scale, and 70+ strength.

Well, we do know something about it. It has at least one enemy with lunatic+ skills, dragon scale, and 70+ strength.

Not quite. The three enemies we saw with Lunatic+ skills and utter disrespect for stat caps were all Other-Worlders, while the enemies in UT have all been Corpse Soldiers. With little doubt, those are FoD enemies, not UT, so we'll be waiting a few weeks to see them and their demonic buddies.

What we do know is that UT4 involves surviving against five waves of enemies. We've seen a few seconds of it in the video announcing the new DLC, showing a huge storm of enemies appearing at once for one wave, along with what looks like several bosses, one for each wave. So no matter what, we know some things about how the map will go.

Unless by some chance it gets announced tonight, it'll be announced next week for two weeks from now.

Edited by Othin

With little doubt, those are FoD enemies, not UT, so we'll be waiting a few weeks to see them and their demonic buddies.

Isn't that kind of weird though? None of Gimle's troops were Otherworlders in the main story, right?

Isn't that kind of weird though? None of Gimle's troops were Otherworlders in the main story, right?

Ah, but the main story didn't involve passing through the Other-World Gate. All DLC does.

Also explains why the enemies have Evil Dragon Scale, Gimle's special skill, and the enemy strength explains why they got such a thorough grip on that world. After all, this is a world that's been taken to the point of being seemingly hopeless, where the other playable characters are largely dead. Makes sense that taking it back would require fighting the strongest foes possible.

Nah, I'm pretty sure those crazy enemies are from Ultimate Training. They're shown specifically during the Ultimate Training part of the movie and it'd be terrible, false advertisement if they weren't in the actual episodes too.

Although I do worry a tiny bit, now that we're on the final Ultimate Training map.

Hmm hmm hmm.

Rewatching the video, right after it shows the insane enemies, it shows UT4. Several enemy squads appear, with odd classes, but then the last, massive wave shows up: the boss for that wave is a Hero, flanked by a lone Dark Pegasus and Battle Monk, with a bunch of generic Battle Clerics. Shortly afterward, still in the UT section, it shows Krom fighting a Hero in a map that looks exactly like UT4's, and the Hero activates Great Shield+.

It looks like you're right, Vincent. The Hero is one of the map's bosses, and the Dark Pegasus is another important enemy in that chapter, while the Battle Cleric is one of the generics. And it closes down the actual content shown in the video to what it seems like otherwise: Harvest of Bonds and the four UT maps, the first five maps set to be released in Series 2.

So it looks like those enemies really are the denizens of UT4, although most of the enemies are the weakest of the three. This really sets it apart from the other three, and would justify the apparent delay, although I'm still not sure why it's happening. As for FoD, I guess it's just something completely different.

Got Petrine. Turns how her unique skill is actually Lance Expert, answering the last big question.

Her team isn't as strange as Oliver's, but it has its own oddities. Her six Great Knights have specifically Cavalier, Knight, and Great Knight skills, but they have five different weapons between them. And the three Dragonmasters all have identical stats, but one has a Brave Axe as opposed to the others' Silver Lances and adds Early Initiative and Astra on top of the other two's three standard skills. Shame the Brave Axe glitch still means it drops to Silver on higher difficulty levels, but at least it's better than affecting half the team as with Ephraim and Oliver.

Looking at it now, I'm not actually too surprised about the delay.

Ike's DLC was the last of the ST DLC, and it was delayed a week later than when we were expecting it. I think the same thing applies here. We're getting the fourth UT map, and they're just delaying it a week like they did with Ike. Probably to build up the hype for it.

And also, that link to the new DLC chapter is just popped up on the front of the DLC section right now. (I just hit the refreshed button on the page a couple of seconds ago)

I see Naga appeared in this chapter.

Edited by King Marth 64

Has anyone been able to translate the specific description for the map?

So...the FoD chapters won't have any unlockable characters, will they?

Every DLC so far has had some reward attached, even if that reward is as small as conversations or easy Exp. It's a safe bet that we'll get something other than those here, but who can say what it'll be? I mean, there are conversations available here as well, but that seems more like a side bonus as in the Talisman levels, not anywhere near on the level of OWR to be able to define the map.

We should keep in mind that as another NPC-protecting level, we would expect some reward for doing said protecting, as well.

Edited by Othin

Cool, didn't expect this so early.

Episode info

Interesting. I'm guessing that the children look the same (That is to say, the hair colour inherited from their parent) as their main game selves?

Also, is this yet another alternate future seperate from the one the children characters in the main game came from?