The second batch of DLC

Something else occurs to me. We've seen items that enable skills or classes, but is it not possible that we might see DLC weapons directly as some rewards? Something like the Sword of Seals, or Garm, that doesn't yet exist at all. If you could get more from redoing the map, it would be unlimited without needing to show up in IDW.

I've been thinking similar thoughts myself. The problem I'm running into is trying to educatedly guess how I.S. would handle them while at least trying to make them not seem redundant. Armads and Swanchika for instance seem like axe versions of Gaebolg and Ragnell respectively for the most part in this game. And comparing Tyrfing and the Sol Katti is like comparing a Silver Sword to a Wo Dao as well. It makes me wonder how a bow like Murgleis would be handled while originally having the same bonuses Ichival does in this game. And there's the matter of Durandal and Seiglinde, should they be included. I suppose they could do to Seiglinde what they did to the Sol Katti, but I'm just a bit stumped here. Edited by Little Al

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or the guy whose Handaxe is already in the game. *cough*

The thing is, there doesn't seem to be any fourth character who wouldn't seem really bizarre following the Whitewings other than Minerva. She doesn't make sense, but anything else would just seem odd. Perhaps it's not a hard rule, like how they generally avoided class overlap with DLC but not always? And Minerva isn't going to be an advertised reward; not on the same level as the Lords, anyway.

Isn't Minerva the leader of the Whitewings anyway? Sure, she's not remembered as often since she isn't a sister and isn't in the triangle attack, but they're still one group.

Isn't Minerva the leader of the Whitewings anyway? Sure, she's not remembered as often since she isn't a sister and isn't in the triangle attack, but they're still one group.

Yeah, that's why everyone jumped to assume her. Looking strictly at the pattern, she's the only one that makes any sense. But she also has a SpotPass version already released, and no character so far has ever had a DLC version released with a SpotPass version already available. But thinking it over, it seems plausible that that only applies to the ones that were specifically advertised as the focus of the DLC rather than a disconnected bonus like the UT Talismans, leaving her still as the most likely possibility.

Edited by Othin

So uh, new DLC announcement is out.

dlc0913_ss3.jpg

I think that's some kind of new monster, but I haven't seen animations for Entombs in this game so it could be them for all I know.

Link

I'm of no help to translate it though.

Another Story: Labyrinth Pursuit (13th September~)

Top secret military information has been stolen. To recover the information Krom chases after the perpetrator.

This map requires you to chase a target, while special walls automatically open and close each turn. Because it's not clear which Revenant is the real target, you'll have to divide your pursuit force wisely. Humongous Revenants exclusive to this map are your enemies and, with their excellent mobility and durability, will no doubt make this a difficult task.

I was sure it was Bikini Emblem time today : P

The lack of OWR is really strange.

If we look at the earlier maps, they released a bunch of low-level maps in the first couple of weeks, then starting from Elincia's release three weeks in, every release has contained at least one map 3-star or higher. This makes sense; they want to make sure the maps stay relevant to players' strengthening teams. At this stage, I suspect they've moved the minimum up to 5-star, so the OWR maps have to stay paired with a UT or FoD, but they're delaying OWR strangely long and seem to be running out of UT. So perhaps they others will wait and be paired with FoD maps?

It does make sense that, assuming the last OWR and UT have special prizes, they would want to stagger the releases a bit, so I guess that explains it. So the question is, are we waiting two weeks for the next OWR announcement, when we'll hear about the last UT, or will both wait until UT is done and FoD begins?

I think this is mostly due to the early announcement. Specifically regarding Other World Resort, we got that illustration with bikinis and an odd maid outfit, but the only actual in-game content that the video showed for the later two maps were the maps themselves. Whatever extra content they are planning for those maps, I don't think it was ready at all when they made the announcement. On the other hand, we did get to see some of the new monster models even in the video, and also those Otherworld unit which still haven't appeared..

In the same way, they didn't even show proper maps for the story that takes place in the ruined future, nor the number of stages, so it was likely even further behind in development.

Edited by NeonZ

Hmm, I somehow missed that part about bikinis on the news page.

Bikini's and Maids...:/: Well I guess IS is at least trying to make my predictions in the Eirika DLC thread a reality.

Now Intelligent Systems, I know the poledances can't happen because of the CERO rating and you can't use Jill because she has no significance but you can still bring on the catgirl outfit and the nurse outfit and you probably want a playboy bunny outfit as well. Maybe you will even manage to put a schoolgirl uniform in. Come on, I know you want to. This wonderful tribute to the rich history of the "Tales of" series deserves nothing less after all. And you won't be happy until I cry anyway, right?

New DLC doesn't have Palla?

IS I am disappoint

For UT, they don't mention the characters on the site until after the DLC is already released. So this is exactly as expected, for the expectations that include certainty that this map will contain Palla.

So, after this Palla character shows up (seeing as you guys are so certain she'll be the next DLC character), who would anyone like to see next?

I'm thinking a past pair of red and green knights. I vote for Kieran and Oscar. I love Kieran to bits, he's my second favorite character in the series after Ike. <3 I think Oscar is awesome too. If not them though, then Sain and Kent, cause I love Sain too, and I don't mind Kent.

The "new" past-game characters have been showing up in the UT maps, of which there are four. The first three appear to be the Pegasus sisters: Palla, Catria, and Est. The fourth is therefore likely Minerva.

The two other DLC sets in Series 2 are OWR and FoD. OWR appears to have no past-game characters, at least based on the first map. FoD will have to have some reward, but as a set more focused on FE13's story than any other, I'd expect FE13 talismans rather than past-game talismans. But if any other characters are going to show up, it'll be there.

The "new" past-game characters have been showing up in the UT maps, of which there are four. The first three appear to be the Pegasus sisters: Palla, Catria, and Est. The fourth is therefore likely Minerva.

The two other DLC sets in Series 2 are OWR and FoD. OWR appears to have no past-game characters, at least based on the first map. FoD will have to have some reward, but as a set more focused on FE13's story than any other, I'd expect FE13 talismans rather than past-game talismans. But if any other characters are going to show up, it'll be there.

Well, I kinda meant in the next DLC that would have past-game characters.