Lucina Patch

Ema Skye

You totally read my mind about reclassing Reiv and Calleach (or however he spells his name). But the FE7 Tier 2 Lord's seems like it's copying SirSerenes' patch.

As for Tower of Valni, I do plan on making the enemies in there not give EXP on death.

Edited by Lucina

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you want t make things harder you could make the Artillery Eye things more accurate and place more of them around the final maps instead of cluttering a few together like the game did.

Though the big things, like the Cycops and Spiders, really need an accuracy increase. It's extremely easy to dodge their attacks with the bruisers which just turns them into giant HP punching bags that aren't a real threat if you have decent stats. The Draco Zombies are fine but there aren't enough of them and by the time you do reach them the game is over unless you do CC and even than they're only at the final stretch of places like the Ruins. They also seem content on just sitting there watching you wipe out their allies, if they attacked and move on their own they would be much more of a threat.

i'm just going to point out that the above user's advice is generally not good and that adding enemies willy-nilly doesn't make the game harder in a fun way

though accuracy increase on the part of the enemies is usually effective; that would most likely require increasing weapon hit though (because increasing skl yields such a marginal increase in hit)

i'm just going to point out that the above user's advice is generally not good and that adding enemies willy-nilly doesn't make the game harder in a fun way

though accuracy increase on the part of the enemies is usually effective; that would most likely require increasing weapon hit though (because increasing skl yields such a marginal increase in hit)

IIRC, it was adding enemies/reinforcement triggers intelligently, right?

you could also try having more diversity in enemy units. early game, there are alot of axes and later there alot of lancers ( or at least it seems like to me. ) training vanessa is a chore imo. you could also try new maps, and extra story events. like maybe something involing lagdou ruins. just kinda seems thrown at you.

Just one small thought. I find it kind of odd that Marisa has a greater str growth than Joshua (actually Marisa is better than Joshua in every single way :( I like Joshua ), and Neimi than Ross. I suppose you did that so they would never have problems with str, but for me it just made Neimi ridiculously powerful for the first 15 chapters.

I would like to point out that this person has no idea what they're talking about and is a useless stalker. If you have nothing to contribute than kindly shut your mouth because mo one wants to hear your whining, crying, moaning, and the filth that you spurt out when there should be words.

At least I'm trying to contribute and tossing out ideas, you never do as such and only attack others because you're too incompetent to think for yourself. On top of being too easily angered when someone comes up with things you can't even comprehend due to the inability of your brain to perform the most basic of functions.

Edited by Fanfaire

I would like to point out that this person has no idea what they're talking about and is a useless stalker. If you have nothing to contribute than kindly shut your mouth because mo one wants to hear your whining, crying, moaning, and the filth that you spurt out when there should be words.

At least I'm trying to contribute and tossing out ideas, you never do as such and only attack others because you're too incompetent to think for yourself. On top of being too easily angered when someone comes up with things you can't even comprehend due to the inability of your brain to perform the most basic of functions.

Actually, Dondon is right. Not that he really needs me to defend him, but placing enemies at random is annoying. It makes the game more difficult in a "This is so annoying" kind of way. I personally believe that the best thing to do is have harder enemies, but then fewer of them.

He also agreed with some of your points. Could you stop attacking him? He does too know things.

Or mess with events and make enemies rather more difficult, for one.

Because seriously, I see nothing but buff's in the easiest FE.

hng, FE8 events.

Stronger enemies is what I've already done in the patch. Do you want them stronger?

Give Gilliam the growths of fe6 Treck, and have him specialize in Axes.

So, y'know.

Render him useable lategame, and Treck's growths aren't really good at all, but IMO more suitable atm.

Yeah, that works. Thanks Sharpy.

Well if you want t make things harder you could make the Artillery Eye things more accurate and place more of them around the final maps instead of cluttering a few together like the game did.

Though the big things, like the Cycops and Spiders, really need an accuracy increase. It's extremely easy to dodge their attacks with the bruisers which just turns them into giant HP punching bags that aren't a real threat if you have decent stats. The Draco Zombies are fine but there aren't enough of them and by the time you do reach them the game is over unless you do CC and even than they're only at the final stretch of places like the Ruins. They also seem content on just sitting there watching you wipe out their allies, if they attacked and move on their own they would be much more of a threat.

I agree with Dondon about randomly placing the Arch Mogals. It makes the map more frustrating, not necessarily harder. Cyclops and Spiders won't be having problems with their accuracy anymore either.

Yup. But I'm not raising it to like FE11's level where you're facing high hit the whole game. But do expect a buff to weapon hit.

you could also try having more diversity in enemy units. early game, there are alot of axes and later there alot of lancers ( or at least it seems like to me. ) training vanessa is a chore imo. you could also try new maps, and extra story events. like maybe something involing lagdou ruins. just kinda seems thrown at you.

hng, FE8 events

I do agree with you about enemy changes. If there's a way for them to make sense with the story, I'll try to diversify them.

New maps is an interesting idea. I'll have to think about it.

Just one small thought. I find it kind of odd that Marisa has a greater str growth than Joshua (actually Marisa is better than Joshua in every single way :( I like Joshua ), and Neimi than Ross. I suppose you did that so they would never have problems with str, but for me it just made Neimi ridiculously powerful for the first 15 chapters.

That was totally my Marisa bias shining through :P. Needless to say, Joshua will be getting buffed in the new release.

I'm playing through right now where I increase the levels of the generics, and it's turned Franz/Vanessa into more of a burden than anything else, because they either don't double or face constant WTD.

I think if I do the bufffed levels right though, it could work pretty well though.

Also, my biggest question is this. Did you guys like the promoted Gilliam?

Hmm. More readily available weapon triangle reversal weapons might counteract that problem, but the problem then arises that they're also still quite good weapons that could be overpowered for that stage of the game. Boosts to Vanessa and Franz also suffer the problem of screwing up their lategame, though reducing their growths could counteract that.

The other option is to do small scale increases at the start, and increase that as missions go on.

As an example of one chapter I thought quite balanced is actually chapter 19. Lots of strong, fast hitting and hard to deal with promoted enemies, especially if you wanted to defeat Riev. That sort of difficulty is probably close to ideal, but right now, the other chapters don't really come close to matching it.

Franz has swords, right? Not sure why early game is a huge problem for him. As for Vanessa, consider switching some of the brigands to mercs (and mercs should probably have more str and less spd).

Not that he really needs me to defend him,

Not true at all; me defending myself usually results in a warn.

Edited by dondon151

No surprise there.

Actually, Dondon is right. Not that he really needs me to defend him, but placing enemies at random is annoying. It makes the game more difficult in a "This is so annoying" kind of way. I personally believe that the best thing to do is have harder enemies, but then fewer of them.

He also agreed with some of your points. Could you stop attacking him? He does too know things.

He agreed with nothing I posted at all and only served to attack me and not what I posted. And no, it isn't just random. It's spreading them out in the maps instead of what the base game did where they were cluttered mostly together at the end. Not really a challenge considering that by than you would have already gone through the bulk of the enemy forces already so the little inaccurate sniping isn't an issue. It would actually provide some challenge had some been placed closer so they could start sniping when you actually engaged the enemy forces.

Than there's the accuracy thing for the big things like the Cyclops who are pretty much just walking HP tanks that aren't a threat, just roadblocks. Or the Draco Zombies that don't really move and sit around waiting for you to come at them when you're ready even if you're wiping out their allies.

Edited by Fanfaire

I think I should have the patch out sometime soon, hopefully within a week or so (Jedi and Refa need to keep motivating me though sometimes).

I guess in an effort to build up hype for the release (okay, not really. I just would rather post videos than take screenies), have a video:

. I'll be posting more videos as I playthrough the patch.

Also

No surprise there.

He agreed with nothing I posted at all and only served to attack me and not what I posted. And no, it isn't just random. It's spreading them out in the maps instead of what the base game did where they were cluttered mostly together at the end. Not really a challenge considering that by than you would have already gone through the bulk of the enemy forces already so the little inaccurate sniping isn't an issue. It would actually provide some challenge had some been placed closer so they could start sniping when you actually engaged the enemy forces.

Than there's the accuracy thing for the big things like the Cyclops who are pretty much just walking HP tanks that aren't a threat, just roadblocks. Or the Draco Zombies that don't really move and sit around waiting for you to come at them when you're ready even if you're wiping out their allies.

Saying that your suggestion was bad, and justifying WHY it was bad deserved this?

And then you call dondon's original post an attack?

I agree with dondon's suggestion of upping weapon hit to compensate for more enemies (but not to the point where dodging is moot, a la FE11). Placing new enemies intelligently would also help, if TC doesn't mind messing with lots of events and whatnot.

Like yourself.

hng, FE8 events.

Stronger enemies is what I've already done in the patch. Do you want them stronger?

Yeah, that works. Thanks Sharpy.

I agree with Dondon about randomly placing the Arch Mogals. It makes the map more frustrating, not necessarily harder. Cyclops and Spiders won't be having problems with their accuracy anymore either.

Yup. But I'm not raising it to like FE11's level where you're facing high hit the whole game. But do expect a buff to weapon hit.

hng, FE8 events

I do agree with you about enemy changes. If there's a way for them to make sense with the story, I'll try to diversify them.

New maps is an interesting idea. I'll have to think about it.

That was totally my Marisa bias shining through :P. Needless to say, Joshua will be getting buffed in the new release.

May want to give theives and archers a 15% crit boost.

Since Neimi and Colm are frail as heck.

No surprise there.

Raising weapon accuracy overall would make the game better, since some FEs that are called hard are hard due to shitty weapon hitrates(FE6, I'm looking at you)

But adding random powerful reinforcements isn't funny, it's just annoying and almost forces you to grind if they're too powerful.

Did you even read his post? Not once did he address my post. He attacked me which was the sole reason of his post. So yes, he deserved that. Don't defend him for picking a fight he didn't have the heart to continue when he was called out for his antics. He knows he did wrong that's why he dropped it, though a person like him wont apologize for being a jerk so his silence is all I need to know that he's sorry for his rude comment.

Furthermore that was NOT his suggestion. It was mine. I suggested that accuracy be upped and enemies, like the artillery ones, moved so they aren't just cluttered at the end and actually engage you much earlier. His post was not about that, it was attacking me and saying that those suggestions have no merit because I suggested them. He didn't even give a reason why accuracy ups and moving enemies was bad, he just didn't like it because I was the poster. Hence his opener which was a direct attack against me.

It isn't random, it's moving them around instead of just stacking a bunch in the end when they aren't relevant anymore since by than the Chapter is already over. I can't explain it any simpler than this though with how some of you post I doubt even this is simple enough.

Edited by Fanfaire

Did you even read his post? Not once did he address my post. He attacked me which was the sole reason of his post. So yes, he deserved that. Don't defend him for picking a fight he didn't have the heart to continue when he was called out for his antics. He knows he did wrong that's why he dropped it, though a person like him wont apologize for being a jerk so his silence is all I need to know that he's sorry for his rude comment.

Furthermore that was NOT his suggestion. It was mine. I suggested that accuracy be upped and enemies, like the artillery ones, moved so they aren't just cluttered at the end and actually engage you much earlier. His post was not about that, it was attacking me and saying that those suggestions have no merit because I suggested them. He didn't even give a reason why accuracy ups and moving enemies was bad, he just didn't like it because I was the poster. Hence his opener which was a direct attack against me.

It isn't random, it's moving them around instead of just stacking a bunch in the end when they aren't relevant anymore since by than the Chapter is already over. I can't explain it any simpler than this though with how some of you post I doubt even this is simple enough.

dondon defending himself generally ends up in one or more of-

>Some new member crying.

>long debates

>people not being able to handle the pope

Also, Lucy.

Seth still almost breaks the game

After ch8..

You're the one who's becoming hostile. He said he didn't like your idea and said why - more enemies would cause too much clutter. He then said he agreed with the second part, but raising skill wouldn't do much and added further that weapon accuracies needed to increases. I've noticed a few of your posts, you seem unwilling to accept others viewpoints and attack anyone who doesn't agree with you... something that won't get you very far at all. I agree that monster weapons are too inaccurate, I've never really seen much about 40% accuracy from them.

Lucina, have you tried upping GK move to 7? Gilliam doesn't really have the stats to clear a path and 6 move means he's only a step ahead of everyone else.

I doubt he could bring me to tears and as you can see he dropped it. You're the ones trying to instigate him into saying something foolish when it's already over and he's sorry for being rude.

No he didn't say that, he said to ignore my ideas because he just doesn't like me. Again you did NOT READ A THING. I said move enemies like the Artillery instead of what the Base Game did where they're cluttered at the end. Thus they aren't of much use since most of the fighting is now over and the player is now at the last part of the Chapter. Also you're wrong, I'm more than capable of agreeing with why people have different opinions but I will not let what they say change my opinion upon different subjects.

You agreement is dully noted.

Edited by Fanfaire

well, you could solve this by giving franz and or vanessa prf weapons franz could have a "squire sword/blade/lance" and it could have a brave effect but it would only have like 2 might and vanessa could have a lance that reverses weapon traingle

Agreement dully noted?

What the hell, if you're going to be cluttering this up then make your own patch.

You're the one who's becoming hostile. He said he didn't like your idea and said why - more enemies would cause too much clutter. He then said he agreed with the second part, but raising skill wouldn't do much and added further that weapon accuracies needed to increases. I've noticed a few of your posts, you seem unwilling to accept others viewpoints and attack anyone who doesn't agree with you... something that won't get you very far at all. I agree that monster weapons are too inaccurate, I've never really seen much about 40% accuracy from them.

Lucina, have you tried upping GK move to 7? Gilliam doesn't really have the stats to clear a path and 6 move means he's only a step ahead of everyone else.

I second this, Gilliam really wants a small growths increase and 7 move (fe6 Treck style, at least he gets passable growths but nothing like Seth.)

Oh, and specializing in axes would suit him better IMO, but your call.