I Can't Believe It's Not SFMM3 Minimafia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a pretty blatant straw man. I think it was pretty obvious what I was saying and this is not what I was saying.

Scumwatch:

Manix

No, this never happens. Vote for trying to be too helpful.

##Unvote, Vote: Elieson

Then I think I misinterpretted WoMC's message. What I thought you implied was a serious response to my serious mode post. My bad :/

##Unvote

Also Manix and Elieson need to stop acting dumb

Maybe you need to see that I'm not trying to act dumb, but apparently I'm good at it? :O

Ok, what do we have now. My misinterpretation, piles of RVS that actually got someone to L-4, and a miller claim.

I dunno, I guess for right now, I believe the miller claim. It was played pretty standard, and I don't really have any reason not to doubt it at this point. Does anyone else have actual thoughts regarding Cam!Miller at this point (since there's not much else going on that's really progress-relevant)?

Well, at the moment I have no reason to disbelieve Cam's miller claim, I guess, but that doesn't mean I completely trust him. I'll still be keeping my eye on him to make sure he's not scum.

if it makes things any more relevant

NOW IT'S REIN TIME

yeah it doesn't actually do anything but now you know my actual role

Does that mean that you're not only claiming Miller, but claiming to be Rein?

Because, you know...everyone wants to be cool and say that nowadays.

what does rein time mean

For the record, Cam fakeclaimed his role really early last game as well so I'm not sold on him being town. However, as long as he doesn't do anything horribly scummy I see no reason to prioritize lynching him. Gonna keep my eye on him as well.

Paperblade's posts feel like active lurking and I'd like to see him say more in the future.

For the record, Cam fakeclaimed his role really early last game as well so I'm not sold on him being town. However, as long as he doesn't do anything horribly scummy I see no reason to prioritize lynching him. Gonna keep my eye on him as well.

I think he also stated clearly that he was not miller that time as well. But I agree with not taking his claim at face value.

@Manix: Why do you feel like Weapons is scum so early in the game?

##Unvote

##Vote Kay

Why vote Cam when someone already did not too much earlier than you? I get that it's RVS but don't you think it's overkill?

That's exactly why I did it. One vote doesn't get a reaction. One vote doesn't get discussion. Really, a single vote on someone at this point in the day does pretty much nothing. By adding another vote on Cam, I give him significantly more reason to say something about it, and it gives opportunistic but reckless scum a chance to try starting a wagon, with little real danger.

##vote scorri

for incorrectly interpreting my claim

Although, Cam, what makes that a good reason to vote for scorri? It's a good question to ask, otherwise you could go back on your claim and just say "no no no, I didn't mean that, I was only joking".

That's exactly why I did it. One vote doesn't get a reaction. One vote doesn't get discussion. Really, a single vote on someone at this point in the day does pretty much nothing. By adding another vote on Cam, I give him significantly more reason to say something about it, and it gives opportunistic but reckless scum a chance to try starting a wagon, with little real danger.

#Unvote

Fair enough I figured that was your intention. However, could you please respond to the bolded part of your response? Quite frankly I'm not seeing how this benefits town because of the little danger scum would have for jumping on his wagon. If he was lynched and flipped town (and in this case his claim would be true) we wouldn't even be able to learn much from it because of how safe it would be to jump the wagon.

##Vote Paperblade

So far zero scumhunting, and some fluff posts. Also misreading this early isn't the best move either. He's reminding me of how he plays as scum as well and similar to his play in EO Mafia.

lmao, you are grasping

For the record, this is also pretty shitty reasoning considering he only did it because I told him to, and I only told him to do it because it was in character (see: Xenoblade and MoMM)

xenoblade aside (that was actually really dumb of me)

i see no reason not to claim if your role is super dumb and/or mildly useless by itself

right now i have a role that is both!

lmao, you are grasping

For the record, this is also pretty shitty reasoning considering he only did it because I told him to, and I only told him to do it because it was in character (see: Xenoblade and MoMM)

Enlighten me then.

Fair enough. I only said it as something to keep in mind, not some deciding factor to show that Cam is obvscum because he claimed early. As a miller you're supposed to claim early anyway, but it's natural for people to originally have some doubts towards early claims, and rightfully so (see CPM and Shining Force, where Haze and Elieson claimed granny and weren't granny).

with nothing else to go off of, why not go for little things

Those little things ought to still be somewhat scummy. "Nothing else to go off of" doesn't mean "vote people for doing perfectly reasonable townish stuff".

Fair enough I figured that was your intention. However, could you please respond to the bolded part of your response? Quite frankly I'm not seeing how this benefits town because of the little danger scum would have for jumping on his wagon. If he was lynched and flipped town (and in this case his claim would be true) we wouldn't even be able to learn much from it because of how safe it would be to jump the wagon.

You have to look at the timing. Scum might start a wagon but that would probably be coincidental. Scum probably won't jump on a wagon that's already likely to result in a lynch if they don't have to, like the last vote or two, unless they're bussing. The middle few votes would be the most suspicious.

xenoblade aside (that was actually really dumb of me)

i see no reason not to claim if your role is super dumb and/or mildly useless by itself

right now i have a role that is both!

Because if all the townies with useless roles claim quickly, the mafia can focus on killing the power roles. You're one more person who's not the Cop/Doc/Mayor/something else worth killing. It narrows down their targets.

Those little things ought to still be somewhat scummy. "Nothing else to go off of" doesn't mean "vote people for doing perfectly reasonable townish stuff".

how is scorri coming off as anything but null to you

like what has she done in any direction

You have to look at the timing. Scum might start a wagon but that would probably be coincidental. Scum probably won't jump on a wagon that's already likely to result in a lynch if they don't have to, like the last vote or two, unless they're bussing. The middle few votes would be the most suspicious.

this entire argument makes no sense

Because if all the townies with useless roles claim quickly, the mafia can focus on killing the power roles. You're one more person who's not the Cop/Doc/Mayor/something else worth killing. It narrows down their targets.

it's also one less day we have to waste on a lynching the role that's designed to be mislynched