Nostalgia Mafia Game Over

Paperblade

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a name

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about how many votes he has against him, it's that the reason for the votes against Shinori is not RVS (other than Rapier), and it's not a good one. ED1 and all, sure, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to poke at a really lame reason for voting for somebody if it's serious.

Also, wrt to the sheeping Prims, let me go more in detail of why I don't Kay is doing much. Her first few posts are just role speculation and game theory (and are you seriously blaming Prims for starting role speculation by claiming PGO?), and then she pokes a bit at Shinori's post (but it's mainly building on what other people are saying), and then doesn't actually back up whatever she's saying with a vote, leaving people (me, at least) unsure whether she's advising Shinori to sober up and come back, or saying he made a scumslip while drunk.

Also, Marth, if you think I'm sheeping Prims and that is bad, why didn't you point out anything about Manix sheeping Eclipse on Shinori possibly making a scumslip while drunk? Just because you agree with the case on Shinori and not with the one against Kay?

On a completely unrelated note, kind of annoyed that Tyrant came in after the game had started, confirmed he was still playing, and then didn't actually do or say anything.

And Elie you do this thing every game whether he's town or scum where you says something really stupid to stop RVS and get people to talk about what you're doing, which is annoying and puts you on people's scumdars even when you're not scum, so you should stop doing it. >_>

All I did was present a different view of his PGO claim, and said we shouldn't believe it just because.

Prims does that sort of thing pretty often, especially regarding vig shots. So it's certainly not like I'm the only one who does something to shut RVS up.

Though, I'm concerned that no one even bothered to correct my impossible-to-occur redirect theory, which means to me that ppl aren't reading things and looking for obvious meaning. It seems more like ppl are digging for post motivation, as opposed to post content, where it should be an equal combination of both.

Oh, and I hate hidden bullshit.

##Vote Paper

I said it backwards. I meant to say "digging for post content instead of motivation".

Shinori said he didnt want to play while intoxicated, got challenged for it, stuck around, slipped or something, then got called out for that. I expect a fair alcohol-free post from him today, but for now, I'm not really feeling a vote on him.

##Vote San

I don't like your posts against Shinori. Not because I'm defending him (trust me, I'm not), but because you are sticking words in his mouth, then basing your opinion of him based on what choices you are "allowing" him to say.

1. Rein is stupid cause he voted for me, but he always votes for me because he's stupid.

2. I'm reading about Prims' PGO claim and oh my god everyone here is an idiot. The first the a PGO should do is claim. (Also to call the role granny, but) I currently think Prims is town.

3. Rein is extra stupid for picking a hidden role and then being revealed.

4. Now we argue about hidden roles and Shinori seems both dumb and scummy here.

I get that we're out of RVS and all, but I'm going to throw out a vote on ##Vote Aere, because he stood out to me the most regarding Prims' claim and because I just didn't like that whole mess. Honestly, currently this game is just making me stressed from how stupid everyone is being right now.

I get that we're out of RVS and all, but I'm going to throw out a vote on ##Vote Aere, because he stood out to me the most regarding Prims' claim and because I just didn't like that whole mess. Honestly, currently this game is just making me stressed from how stupid everyone is being right now.

This... doesn't make any sense. Is your vote RVS or not? I'm guessing not, in which case please justify why you're voting me for ANY reason.

I don't like how Eclipse dealt with Shinori. She kinda egged him on, and called a scum slip (only scum would know he's third party?) which wouldn't really make sense. Eclipse, what do you think of Elie?

Uh, I don't really get Kay's Shinori attack, but BBM I doubt Scum!BBM would stick his neck out for Scum!Shinori with only 1 real vote on him (whether he realises it or not), so I'm inclined to think one of them is town right now.

Also my Rein vote was just because he was the only one onlibe at the time I saw so I hoped to get something out of him rather then leave for 6 hours with no content, if Shinori wants my reason for voting.

Elie is being uh... Elie I guess. Really I never know what he's doing day 1.

Hopefully he comes on soon...

##Unvote

##Vote: Tyrant Sage

Also, wrt to the sheeping Prims, let me go more in detail of why I don't Kay is doing much. Her first few posts are just role speculation and game theory (and are you seriously blaming Prims for starting role speculation by claiming PGO?), and then she pokes a bit at Shinori's post (but it's mainly building on what other people are saying), and then doesn't actually back up whatever she's saying with a vote, leaving people (me, at least) unsure whether she's advising Shinori to sober up and come back, or saying he made a scumslip while drunk.

I agree with your point that Kay saying stuff and not backing it up with a vote is bad. However I didn't agree with you saying Kay had no content and w/e it was was only role speculation. I accuse Prims of starting role speculation but it wasn't his claim- or rather, his vote on Rein itself was partly due to role speculation. Then ofc, we have Eli and Kay who jump on his claim, suspect him and pull out weird theories. I think I find Kay scummy for jumping the gun on Prims and her no back-up vote for Shino. It feels like she's passively aggressive. The situation around Prims' claim was such that we had a lot of things going on(vote on Rein for reasons I don't agree with, Aere coming up with logic I disagree with, everyone having a say about the claim) and honestly I didn't see any better thing to discuss.

Also, Marth, if you think I'm sheeping Prims and that is bad, why didn't you point out anything about Manix sheeping Eclipse on Shinori possibly making a scumslip while drunk? Just because you agree with the case on Shinori and not with the one against Kay?

I concede this point to you, I should've mentioned that too but I never really read the thread again for that. And yeah I guess you could say I agreed with the case on Shinori or rather the reason for it. I didn't agree with your reasoning(or in fact, Prims' , because at least you have recent posts to deal with and back then his vote feels more like an RVS vote more than anything though we're outta RVS)

##Unvote I can't decide a vote for someone at this point. I'll make a vote tomorrow.

No idea why Rein's status of taking a hidden role is such a big deal. It just means that the theoretical role pool he has is much smaller than before that announcement.

Gut suspicion on BBM and Kay. BBM in particular strikes me as an abuser of the poor "?" symbol. Overuse of it isn't as productive as it seems, so some bells are ringing there. Kay on the other hand seems to be only answering in response to other people's points and trying to discourage mafia under the influence, which I don't find to be very productive, either.

However, seeing as my scumdar has been proven to be faulty recently, I'm going to pick on

##Unvote

##Vote: Psych

I'd like to hear some reasoning behind why everyone's being stupid.

3. Rein is extra stupid for picking a hidden role and then being revealed.

If you had read, you'd note that the reveal flavor states I was already here. But since my role says I would've be revealed after two posts as playing, I was, even though we all knew that. My restriction was to pick a town role that was hidden in its game. Even if you were actually right (you are not), I had no intention of hiding away.

People say "a hidden role" like there's actually any ambiguity about which one I am out of three independents, Alexei, and Kratos, which there shouldn't be.

Though, I'm concerned that no one even bothered to correct my impossible-to-occur redirect theory, which means to me that ppl aren't reading things and looking for obvious meaning. It seems more like ppl are digging for post motivation, as opposed to post content, where it should be an equal combination of both.

While I didn't correct it, I did ask earlier, and I'll ask again: Why are you assuming scum has a redirector? Even better, why are you assuming PGO and redirector are in the same team? For all you know their restrictions could be totally different. No doubt if scum has redirector then whether Prims is town or not, scum will be getting two kills per phase. That said right now the only drafted game with redirector as a role that comes from the top of my head is SSBU mafia. We should probably count the no. of drafted games with that role to check out that possibility, even though your theory seemed far-fetched.

Stupid because Oh Hey Prims Claimed PGO OBVIOUSLY SCUM

I don't want to insult Prims here, but I don't think he'd come up with that as a fake. One, he might get tripped up later with restrictions and stuff and it's hard to keep everything seeming straight. Two, if he wanted to avoid being investigated, he could just claim miller or something like that. I just see it as a big hassle and kind of stupid for people to assume he's faking.

or with people assuming Prims' role will just let him coast to the end. second of all, why does prims have to be today's target or something like that? there are plenty of other scummy looking people at the moment and I just think it's better to get information from lynching someone and leaving prims alive to see what could happen with his role

I also doubt Shinori's error was a scumslip, because we have so many more hiddens that are third party or something like that than mafia. We do have a few town hiddens, but that's still not nearly as prevalent. I'm just saying it seems stupid to think that was a slip because it's actually probably more likely or something or whatever.

Also Rein, you should have totally picked Pokemon Hydra

Freshers week, really busy right now sorry. Read through more now than earlier though:

-To claim early as PGO is town-like as it means town won't misfire, which is far more likely than scum misfiring.

-Kay seemed a bit stubborn about the prims issue and just took that argument on for a bit too long for my liking. Not voting is also bad.

-I can forgive Shinori for saying third-party hidden, but BBM's defence is kinda fishy. Like Manix pointed out it does seem a bit too desperate for 3 votes, one of which being RVS. But as I too feel that the pressure on Shinori has been misplaced, I'll just keep an eye on him for now.

Want to hear something useful and see a definitive vote from Kay though:

##Unvote

##Vote: Kay

Sorry but my activity won't be picking up until a few days from now. This game started at the worst possible time for me.

Sorry guys, I'm actually really sick right now, but I'll try to be active. :/

Honestly that sounds like a good role for scum if you ask me.

It does, but why would any scum claim PGO since the goal is getting others to visit them? Not sure why people are giving Prims shit for allegedly choosing PGO?

-I can forgive Shinori for saying third-party hidden, but BBM's defence is kinda fishy. Like Manix pointed out it does seem a bit too desperate for 3 votes, one of which being RVS. But as I too feel that the pressure on Shinori has been misplaced, I'll just keep an eye on him for now.

Hmm, I'm definitely feeling Shinori looks worse than BBM, since I don't see why a possible scum!BBM would try to defend scum!Shinori when he had like 3 votes.

Also feel like Shinori's accrued enough votes since he last posted, so will wait for him to respond first.

##Vote Elieson

Did you still legitimately think that Prims is scum!PGO? Or was that all contrived because you wanted to stop RVS? ;/

Uh, I don't really get Kay's Shinori attack, but BBM I doubt Scum!BBM would stick his neck out for Scum!Shinori with only 1 real vote on him (whether he realises it or not), so I'm inclined to think one of them is town right now.

Also my Rein vote was just because he was the only one onlibe at the time I saw so I hoped to get something out of him rather then leave for 6 hours with no content, if Shinori wants my reason for voting.

Elie is being uh... Elie I guess. Really I never know what he's doing day 1.

Hopefully he comes on soon...

##Unvote

##Vote: Tyrant Sage

You're doing a lot of metagaming and prodvoting. Stop. Do you have any stronger reads?

Okay so what I should have said was something like this:

"Just because rein picked a hidden player doesn't mean he is third."

The reason being because when I read Eclipse's post #198 I misread part of it, specifically the bolded part below.

FIRST. I was restricted in what I could choose. What that restriction is, I'll leave to your imagination. SECOND. Thanks to Paper's announcement, it kinda narrows down what Rein is. THIRD. Not really feeling the Prims case right now (though you could've totally picked Bal's role from Unicycle, if you wanted to have fun with a passive role), mostly because he's being helpful to the town in the form of scumhunting. FOURTH. That's one of the few early claims I won't contest (the other being miller, which I doubt we'll see in this game). FIFTH. Vote time.

##Vote: Shinori

I finished reading the topic in fifteen minutes. There's cool stuff in here. What's your thoughts?

I read the bolded poorly and thought Eclipse had said that Rein was third because of what he picked, also when I think hidden I generally go straight to third party instead of town or scum. This lead to what happened.

Now onto other cases.

I'm not sure if Kay is just being Kay or not. Her posts did seem kind of meh, and a little pointless. I'm partially biased because her post against me kind of annoyed me and pissed me off. Therefore I'm not gonna drop a vote here in case it is partially biased base.

My vote is going on:

##Vote: Serious bananas

Why are you voting Tyrant Sage? He's new to mafia it seems and I'm pretty sure that vote most likely won't affect whether he posts right now or not. That vote just seems like an easy park. Do you think your vote will actually get something out of him?

Nothing that strong that hasn't been touched on by others at this point, so I'm trying to develop them a bit at this point.

The Shinori BBM thing could have been any 2 players and I would have said the same. Shinori looks worse though I think.

@ iris.

The latter. Though I'm not willing to discredit the possibility of scumprims, I'm not voting for him, which means I obv don't think he is scum(miest).