Draft Mafia Round 2: AnonyDraft gameOver

Elieson

Okay, who started the entire D1 dayvig debacle? (hint: not me)

[09/23/12 22:00] <clipseykitty> Though Prims' mistake was continuing the joke.

[09/23/12 22:00] <clipseykitty> What should've been the response was. . .

[09/23/12 22:00] <clipseykitty> "Oooh, I'm an idiot? TELL ME MORE~!"

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee fucking whiz, Snike, way to tunnel. Also way to examine the difference between town mindset vs. scum mindset.

+1 to the kill count

Look, how was your earlier content town-minded? You say "emotion is a null tell", but I don't think that should give you carte blanche to say things like your early d-1.

I digress, however, as I already apologized. I was having(and still am having) personal issues at the time.

Was not impressed with how DR self-hammered late d3.

Also never going to let whoever mistook me for manix live it down. ever.

nobody self-voted except rms, and even if des rois did that wouldn't have been as bad as the time manix hammered pluto without a claim

Edited by Prims

+1 to the kill count

Look, how was your earlier content town-minded? You say "emotion is a null tell", but I don't think that should give you carte blanche to say things like your early d-1.

I digress, however, as I already apologized. I was having(and still am having) personal issues at the time.

Was not impressed with how DR self-hammered late d3.

Also never going to let whoever mistook me for manix live it down. ever.

I don't mind something like this, 'cause I can explain it. When I'm town, the following runs through my mind:

1. I don't really worry about whether I step on toes, because I have my own flip/alignment to clear me.

2. I have ABSOLUTELY HAD IT with early D1 stupidity (go read recent games to see why).

3. I hang on to the hope that you're willing to see the "why" beyond it, as well as what else I said. If you want a surefire scum tell, then look to see if the angry person in question is pushing for a lynch on the other person. Take away the personal opinions, and you'd see nothing but me berating Prims for what I thought was horrible play. I wasn't pushing for a lynch despite all that, and when I finally did get around to seriously pushing someone (Navo), it concentrated far more on what he'd said.

4. If I'm not sure of a lynch, I will say so. Honestly tends to go better when you're town.

Now, then. . .a couple of things to improve on that tunnel:

1. Don't attempt to label everything. It looks rather lazy/scummy. Instead, look for things like actual lack of content/scumhunting/massive tone shifts.

2. Townies can be extremely pissed, too.

Prims: I'd say announcing the theoretical presence of a dayvig was worse, but whatever. If you're getting a hostile reaction, try checking to see if they realize you're joking. That entire thing could've been shut down in a hurry, but it wasn't.

also, next time we have draft i'd probably take out redirector, it's too swingy as this game proved. i think it's better to just focus around a few "big" roles (doc, follower, hooker, dayvig, bomb) with support on the side

i'd personally replace redirector with a vigproof (immune to non-factional kills). it'd be good for both town and scum given that both alignments would fight for the killing roles, but the lack of outright bulletproof would prevent it from being too pro-town

that said i do enjoy the drafting gimmick and i had fun, so gg

Since I raeg at people for drafting (seriously, why were TWO mafia gunning for bomb?), I don't really care for it. Thanks for not screwing up, town. I think I would've enjoyed it more if I didn't have to bother with IE, among other things.

EDIT: Seemed to have gotten the inactive townie as mafia. Will leave above as-is.

Edited by eclipse

i'd personally replace redirector with a vigproof (immune to non-factional kills). it'd be good for both town and scum given that both alignments would fight for the killing roles, but the lack of outright bulletproof would prevent it from being too pro-town

Wouldn't this only defend against the dayvig though?

seriously, why were TWO mafia gunning for bomb?),

Lol they really did that? Well, at least I did something useful by picking it myself.

I had fun even though I sucked hard and got myself modkilled. Thanks for the game, Elieson.

Edited by kirsche

Wouldn't this only defend against the dayvig though?

Lol they really did that? Well, at least I did something useful by picking it myself.

I had fun even though I sucked hard and got myself modkilled. Thanks for the game, Elieson.

You did a good job of not being picked out early as a scum target, and I thought the case against you D3 was silly. I thought you did a pretty good job.

Bomb doesn't instantly know all the roles in the game, lol. If you were NK'd how would you have known who did it?

Vengeful Bomb said:

You have no active ability, but you detonate upon being killed or lynched. To clarify, you kill a selected voter (who has voted for you) a lynch scenario, or you kill the killer in an action-based kill scenario. Specify the target in your RolePM by replying after being lynched "Lynched - Explode USER".

Here I thought I wasn't gonna be able to get follower, dayvig, doc, redirector, voyeur, or hooker...and they were all availabe except for dayvig and redirector. lol

EDIT: Also could someone explain to me why I still looked scummy after I actually started posting legitimate content?

Edited by Helios

Here I thought I wasn't gonna be able to get follower, dayvig, doc, redirector, voyeur, or hooker...and they were all availabe except for dayvig and redirector. lol

EDIT: Also could someone explain to me why I still looked scummy after I actually started posting legitimate content?

You looked scummy from the earlier content, but once you began to really content post you looked more protown as time went on. Hence the lion comment but not as many disparaging remarks.

i'm almost certain he was. speaking of which:

CONGRATULATIONS RAPIER ON YOUR FIRST TIME PLAYING A NOC MAFIA GAME AND NOT GETTING LYNCHED EVER!!!!!!!!

yaaaaaay

although you saved me from that tragedy on D3.

I thought RE was someone experienced trolling around at first, then I thought he was Shinori. >:

Moonside was Rapier right? I wanna talk Eva with him haha

YES

oh yeah

AERE FIRST TIME SCUM

you know, it's hard to notice a difference between scum!Aere and town!Aere. He'd be my lynch target in any way. =P

of course scorri lost

eclipse was on the other team

one of them had to lose

... clipsey wasn't that great on this game. However, Prims for MVP gogogo.

i thought moonside was gonna get shot cuz the phoenix wright bgms looked like investigative role breadcrumbs. also he was third on navo's wagon two days in a row.

it's because you should stop being Jesus in Purgatory.

which reminds me...

BECAUSE WE WON NewYearsEmoticon.gifNewYearsEmoticon.gifNewYearsEmoticon.gif

• 2 weeks later...

For future games that want to use the anonymous accounts, it's better to keep them under one name, so they should all be switched back to their original names after this and not changed for future ones. I don't like having to keep track of name changed anonymous accounts. I'm short on time as it is, trying to remember who is using what of 13 anonymous accounts to keep track of them is not fun when the names are being changed. I can already count one or two that were changed like twice.

Edited by Tangerine

can't they be kept track of by log-in name though, since that's seperate from display and constant? basically, anybody with "anonyprims" in their login name is anonymous

variable display names are more enjoyable for the players i'm p. sure

Edited by Prims

I can't search for log in names, I have to go into the ACP to see your account information and look up the user individually. I'd rather not have to do that to make sure nobody is posting outside of the mafia forum. People changing their name multiple times is surely not needed to play the game.

For example, I just looked through five accounts and found two who had changed their name twice during the course of the game. One of them I don't even see any of their three names on the master list in the OP. I wasn't informed of any of these name changes and I don't know the explanation for why he is not on the list.

Edited by Tangerine

Couldn't you put them in a member group that prevents them from reading forums aside from the Mafia section of the site? The member group would also mean that you could just search for the members of that particular group when you wanted to check on anon accounts, and people would be able to immediately notice they're in the wrong account just by viewing the board index (based on what boards are or are not there).

I don't know how liberal SF is with creating new member groups, though.

The name changes during the game were to account for subs. Ones not in the OP are holdovers from past games, as this game was smaller than the previous.

Edited by Prims