Most Overrated character?

Garteam

For me, this is Florina. I mean, sure, she flies, has good speed, and a early join time but her defense pretty much will get her a 2 (sometimes 1 from a axe) K.O. That combined with the same old "Shy, small girl." personalty that isn't what I'd call rare in Fire Emblem just makes her kinda... bleh.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ilyana for me too. She's not all that good in path of radiance and just awfull in Radiant Dawn.

Nephenee gets my vote as well. She's a perfectly fine unit, but people act like she's the perfect unit.

I wonder if people would have changed their mind about those two if they weren't "hot"

Edited by Sasori

I gotta go with Haar to be honest, he is a very good unit but hes not godly like people say <_< He has a hard time doubling enemy units (espically later units) which can really end up being bad. Or I just have bad luck with the RNG when it comes to his speed stat. :/

Raven is more mediocre than many people estimate. His bases are ok, but swordlock makes his Mt iffy and he takes counters on everything, which isn't so good when you only have 6 base Def. He does get a bit better after promotion, though that 5 levels can take a little while. Even afterwards he's not really that amazing, defensively mediocre and has no horse or other special properties. He's not a bad unit, but he's not really that awesome in most playstyles IMO.

All the units I don't like

All the units

I like (9) Oscar, but so[metimes from my perspective it has seemed as though] so much is made of his powerful utility that he is cast as a second Titania, where it's my experience that he's just an invariably useful jack-of-everything.

Edited by Rehab

Mainly talking about FE3.

Nobody considers her the best in FE3 either. That title is generally given to Paola or Sirius, and unless you're referring to Book 1, I really think you're overstating Catria's supposed overrated-ness.

Anyway, I think I'll mention Marcus6 as an overrated character. I've seen far too many people act as though Marcus is just as good in Sword of Seals as he is in Blazing Sword.

FE6 Alance

FE7 Raven

FE8 Amelia/Gerik

FE9 Ilyana

FE10 Nolan

FE11 Catria

FE12 Sirius <- this guy is my winner for most overrated piece of...unit ever

Edited by PKL

Leaf on FE4. It's a pain to promote him.

Zihark and Ilyana on FE10. She just fails in comparison to Soren, and Zihark is a prepromote who doesn't gain relevant EXP until Part 3, and is an EXP stealer if someone chooses to use him.

FE12 Sirius <- this guy is my winner for most overrated piece of...unit ever

I think the problem with Sirius is that people try and do too many things with him...he really only works as a Swordmaster IMO.