Most Underrated Character

-Cynthia-

I don't really think the trainies are underrated. I like using them and I usually use the tower of Valni to get them into 1st tier, but they weren't exactly created with efficency in mind.

As for underrated units....uh thats pretty hard. Most games are already several years old so every character has already been talked about a lot. Lets see I guess Hugh deserves a little more love. His bases and levels are workable and while his growths don't really wow me he's good enough for the job.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also say Rath is underrated. Sure, he comes a bit late in the game at such a low level, but he gains levels fast and has good enough growths to catch up with the rest of your team. Also, he cab move farther in snow than other units, as well as desert terrain.

The Harken bit was me trolling, but I didn't want to be so obvious as like, Wendy, or on the opposite side, Miledy.

On a serious note, I find Lugh kind of underrated. He generally turns out pretty decent IMO, and he deals really good damage to Knights and Wyverns, which a lot of other units have problems with.

I'd also say Rath is underrated. Sure, he comes a bit late in the game at such a low level, but he gains levels fast and has good enough growths to catch up with the rest of your team. Also, he cab move farther in snow than other units, as well as desert terrain.

i'd add that on paper, sue is pretty underrated as well.

Guys Nino is underrated

Look at her growths

I'd also like to add to the Sue case: she's nowhere near Shin's level, but she can hold her own, and has mobility that Dorothy and Wolt lack. She can team up with Shin in Ilia to run around and snipe the fuck out of the numerous flyers.

Sue technically has the best offensive growths in the whole of FE6, and her offensive bases aren't bad either (better than Lance's, for instance). She has an acceptable weapon type and a horse that doesn't take full terrain penalties. So yeah, on paper, she's a good unit. She just joins on the wrong side of earlygame.

I'd also like to add to the Sue case: she's nowhere near Shin's level, but she can hold her own, and has mobility that Dorothy and Wolt lack. She can team up with Shin in Ilia to run around and snipe the fuck out of the numerous flyers.

You gotta admit, however, if you're using both Sue and Shin, odds are you're headed to Sacae. And I'd find it kinda hard to see all four of Sue, Shin, Thany and Tate in play at once while ensuring the pegs get more exp then the nomads.

Edited by Golden Cucco

I always find Tiki to be an absolute beast that everybody seems to outright ignore. Sure she has somewhat low HP to start off but after about five levels that doesn't really matter much since nothing can harm her. Unlike other Manaketes he low usage of her weapon can easily be nullified by giving her the Starsphere that you just happen to get in the same chapter that she joins and even if you want to get Falchion you can still use Hammerne afterwards which is also something I don't think other Manaketes in the series can do.

Edited by Jotari

Vaida

22 base defense on wings let's tank all day fuck yeah

She makes pretty good filler for her short time available, and VoD is hardly low in deployment.

But some people don't wanna use her because she ain't "cute" or some bs like that makes me sad

Vaida

She makes pretty good filler for her short time available, and VoD is hardly low in deployment.

But some people don't wanna use her because she ain't "cute" or some bs like that makes me sad

Too much con, terrible at rescues. :(

She's actually quite striking, and after I got over my "no prepromotes, they're bad" phase, she's fun to add to the mix now and again.

Vaida

She's not supposed to be cute, she's supposed to be hawt which she totally is. o3o

I don't use her because by the time she arrives, I'm pretty much done setting up my endgame party.

^ This. I rarely ever use characters that show up THAT late into the game. Only exception being FE10!Tormod and FE10!Stefan, because I like them just that much.

^ This. I rarely ever use characters that show up THAT late into the game. Only exception being FE10!Tormod and FE10!Stefan, because I like them just that much.

Really Tormod? Is he really worth it? I mean you practically get him at end game where's very likely still mid leveled second tier.

i just had a revelation

snowy is like the fox news of the fire emblem community

Nah. That description's easily better for FE fans that don't go on to FE forums. Among which for starters, includes Trollblade, NessHelper, a guy by the name of "Ace Plasmius", if we're gonna start talking about specific people, and YouTube FE fans in general if talking about specific groups. Edited by Little Al

Vaida

Yeah; unless they have a strong weapon or something, physical mooks will struggle to do much of anything to her...

She's actually quite striking, and after I got over my "no prepromotes, they're bad" phase, she's fun to add to the mix now and again.

Well, you can't have everything, I suppose.

I don't use her because by the time she arrives, I'm pretty much done setting up my endgame party.

I'll admit, this applies to me as wll.

Really Tormod? Is he really worth it? I mean you practically get him at end game where's very likely still mid leveled second tier.

Please read my statement again. "Is he really worth it" is not a concern to me. I like Tormod a lot. In fact, he's my favorite character in the entire FE series. I don't care how underleveled he is I'm using him.

I hate the female mounted rescue formula. It's like "do you want to lose a bajillion AS or do you want to have good rescue" and the guys get both anyway.

She's not supposed to be cute, she's supposed to be hawt which she totally is. o3o

The point is, some people care too much about a female character's looks rather than her other qualities and they don't do that for males and I see that quite often. :<

In absolutely no way am I saying everyone does that though, considering I used the word "some" here.

Edited by Zhuge Liang

I hate the female mounted rescue formula. It's like "do you want to lose a bajillion AS or do you want to have good rescue" and the guys get both anyway.

Yeah... I actually feel the females got the short straw there.

Nah. That description's easily better for FE fans that don't go on to FE forums. Among which for starters, includes Trollblade, NessHelper, a guy by the name of "Ace Plasmius", if we're gonna start talking about specific people, and YouTube FE fans in general if talking about specific groups.

the difference here is that snowy genuinely thinks that he's being fair, whereas those guys are just incalcitrant and stupid. very subtle difference.

^I agree with this. Both are nice units for endgame. Like Parity BSword Stefan against covered auras.

Tormod is a really good unit for P1, specially for 1-8 where you need units on almost every part of the map to clear it somewhat fast. And when he joins on 4-4, he can easily be BEXP'd, crowned and perform somehow good with Paragon/Adept/Resolve or whatever resources you wanna give him. He can also break doors (reveal enemies) and thus, clear the chapter faster.

Regarding underrated units, I'd say Leonardo is really underrated due to being frail, have crappy bases and being an archer for a part of the game where you want bulky units that counterkill enemies. Leo's contributions on P1 are crappy, indeed, but on P3 he'll be pretty awesome if you use him as main DB (which most people don't do) combined with Robe+Draco and Beastfoe+Bowgun. He can also snipe Ike on 3-13, Resolve/Wrath Crossbowkill things on 4-2 and snipe Izuka from afar on 4-5. And on top of that, he gets Double Bow for Endgame.

Another underrated unit, imo, is Ilyana, specially by drafters due to her low sp growth and thunder magic dependence by first tier. She is a great help for P1 and P3, as well as P4 silver army.

Azel. I think the main reason I find him so underrated is that Levin gets Lolsety, although when he's not competing against 20 speed he's not actually too bad on his own, fire may suck but +30 magic growth never hurts anyone, and as a father for lachesis he makes magic swords useable for Delmud and Nanna a good healer.

Azel is just flatly outclassed by Levin, who gets Elwind and then Holsety, and has one extra movement prior to promotion. Azel gets a horse upon promo and all, but if you really care about having horses, he'll probably never reach promo, and if you don't really care about them, lolsety.