I know its the week and I shouldn't be on here but I need to vent my frustrations and the internet seems like the proper place.

Strawman

I dropped my phone into a certain container of fluid.

Not even 6th months ago, my previous phone was run over by multiple cars.

Not even 6th months before that, the screen on my previous previous phone stopped working completely for no real reason.

Why.

Why must I be so incapable of not potentially messing up my phone for any significant period of time.

I am the worst and I am mad and frustrated.

/rant

(I am sorry for bothering you all. Have a wonderful whatever time of day it is for you.)

Edited by Sawslothducksaucestrawman

One time i had a phone whose screen and mic stopped working. The touch worked, because it vibrated when i touched something, but the LED did not light. 3 weeks later, I got the same phone replaced, and the earpiece and the touch stopped working. The screen turned on, but I couldn't unlock the phone because the touch screen stopped working. People could hear me but I couldn't hear them. Seriously! The two exact opposite problems on this phone!

So I caved and got an iPhone. Best decision ever...

Once, during the summer, I was charging my phone in my room. I went upstairs to get it, and I got (the first and last time I ever got it) some kind of message regarding a power surge, or the phone being too hot because of the charger plugin, and it was telling me to stop charging my phone or something. The phone was definitely hotter than it had ever been. I think it was nearly hot enough to hurt to touch.

I dunno if it was something wrong with the phone or the equipment or the summer was hot, but I lost that phone a day or two later, and I had to get a new one. Wasn't intentional at all, and one of like, two times I lost my phone (other time I got it back).

Once, during the summer, I was charging my phone in my room. I went upstairs to get it, and I got (the first and last time I ever got it) some kind of message regarding a power surge, or the phone being too hot because of the charger plugin, and it was telling me to stop charging my phone or something. The phone was definitely hotter than it had ever been. I think it was nearly hot enough to hurt to touch.

I dunno if it was something wrong with the phone or the equipment or the summer was hot, but I lost that phone a day or two later, and I had to get a new one. Wasn't intentional at all, and one of like, two times I lost my phone (other time I got it back).

I got that one time. Probably because my phone was suffocating under my pillow as it charged. Didn't hurt the phone or anything though.

I dropped my cell phone in fluids before. I dropped it in a dirty recycling bin before. But it was still good.

Without doing anything to it?

I have before too and rice pretty much fixed it. I've got it chillin in some rice currently, but I'm still worried.

I got that one time. Probably because my phone was suffocating under my pillow as it charged. Didn't hurt the phone or anything though.

Oh! That might be why. Sometimes I don't put all my pillows on my bed, maybe I threw one off and it went over my phone.

I've only had two phones in 6-7 (?) years. The first one randomly died after about 5-6 years, and I still have the second one but I've dropped it on the ground, between car seats, lost it repeatedly in my dorm or around the house, etc.

On a serious note, if it cheers you up, one of my friends has had to get 6 phones in the last year.

Holy balls, thats a lot. So far I'm at 2, and I really don't want to go up any higher than that.

Also, that other comment was startlingly similar to how Paper wants me to live my life. Are you two in cahoots?

I have no knowledge of whether or not this works. But awhile back, a friend of mine told me that if you drop your phone in any kind of liquid, stick it in a freezer overnight, and VOILA, it works again. I don't know whether or not he was fucking with me. But give it a shot, see if it works.

Also, this is exactly why I don't use my phone when I'm in a bathroom. If I'm calling someone and need to use the john, I will put them on hold. They can WAIT. XD

I have no knowledge of whether or not this works. But awhile back, a friend of mine told me that if you drop your phone in any kind of liquid, stick it in a freezer overnight, and VOILA, it works again. I don't know whether or not he was fucking with me. But give it a shot, see if it works.

Also, this is exactly why I don't use my phone when I'm in a bathroom. If I'm calling someone and need to use the john, I will put them on hold. They can WAIT. XD

Sounds like it would just freeze the water inside the phone to ice, causing it to expand and do who knows what.

Heehee, I've owned one phone in my nineteen years

And I dropped it so much that the battery cover got too loose and would break off every time, most of the time letting the battery fall out, and eventually that battery broke and I had to get a new one

Then we were hiking and I was wearing a coat with loose pockets and I left my phone in that pocket, I think when I was sitting down on a tree stump the phone slipped out and I didn't know it was missing until we had nearly gotten back to the car and it was getting too dark to go back for it (though my dad told me that he probably would've given me time to go back and get it despite how he said we had to leave the park and go back home at a certain time for my brothers to get back and do homework). Early next morning we went back to look through the entire trail for it (the trail wasn't too long) and it had completely vanished. So we are assuming it had been stolen (but it had also been super super low on battery at the time so whoever stole it couldn't use it unless they had the same charger mine needed~)

This wouldn't happen if you stayed at home and played mafia all day!

can vouch for effectiveness, this is how i live my life and i have never broken a phone (nevermind that i've never owned one either on account of being poor)

can vouch for effectiveness, this is how i live my life and i have never broken a phone (nevermind that i've never owned one either on account of being poor)

I only had my phone because my dad had a girlfriend who was willing to buy one and pay for it for me and wow she was riiiiich x3