Xenoblade

Loki Laufeyson

So...like i totally did an impulse buy and grabbed Xenoblade. I havent heard TOO much about this game other than "omfg its amazing and why arent you playing it?!" I dropped 50 big ones on this game so i want to know if it was worth it. Is the game super amazeballs? What do you guys think?

I havent played it yet (but i will like, really soon) so i just wanna know if my 50 bucks is well spent.

(please be nice and mark spoilers....)

Xenoblade is definitely one of the absolute greatest games the Wii has to offer. Great story, amazing gameplay, breathtaking environments, beautiful music, well-written characters, intuitive combat, endless customization options, this game has it all. I love this game to death, and even though I haven't finished it yet (college restraints, go figure), I find myself never bored with how the game progresses. Anyone who has yet to experience the magic that is Xenoblade Chronicles needs to get this game as soon as possible.

I got into Xenoblade because my first mafia game on this site was Xenoblade mafia. XD

I'd totally post what character I was in the game but I think that would be a spoiler.

Anyway, I bought this game and I played through it a little before I had to leave for school. I think it's good, although I get a little motion sickness from the camera.

Xenoblade? I bought it because it was made by Monolith Soft, the makers of my favorite RPGs and what do I have to say about it?

It's awesome. Like, really awesome. The characters, the story, the visuals, the music, it's all awesome. It's plot is one of the best I've ever encountered in a game. It's definitely one of the best buys I've done. If you ask me to tell you what I like about it, we'll probably be here for a while. Now that I remember, I have to get back to my PT of it. Damn it, if only I didn't have so many games in my blacklog.

DEFINITELY money well spent. I wish I was able to get it sooner, and thinking about it I really need to get back to playing it myself. But from what I've seen it's an amazing game. Some of the graphics or objects are kinda bad, but the rest of it is absolutely beautiful. Tons of side-quests to keep you busy for quite some time, and I'm pretty sure it has a New Game + mode. Though I'm not sure what carries over from file to file. It's worth every penny though.

I love this game. There are very few games that has a cast that I universally love, but I love every character here. The gameplay is easy to learn but gives you a lot of options and strategy in real time, the visuals are fantastic and not even in a "for a Wii game" sense. The game gives you a lot of reason to go out and explore with miniquests and landmarks, and the world feels spectacularly huge without feeling like filler. And of course, this has a great soundtrack that sets the mood perfectly wherever you go. Oh yeah, and sweet British voices. REAL ones. Combined with snappy and smart banter between characters, this was one of the games where I really savoured the voice acting. This is the best big console RPG I've played since Baten Kaitos Origins.

And of course, this has a great soundtrack that sets the mood perfectly wherever you go.

Oh

oh my god yes this

excuse me while I post my favorite track in an attempt to back this point up as much as I can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p45gdP2OKmU

if you can listen to this and not fall in love with it immediately then idek

Or or THIS omguh I'm just fanboying now.

Edited by seph1212

Heh, though I don't own the game I have a classmate who does... and he and another classmate keep recommending it to me. Who knows, it's not a high priority of mine. Maybe I should ask him to lend it to me to try it out first.

I bought it over a year ago since it's supposed to be gr8mazing. Haven't tried it yet.

My console backlog is huge, so I've even lent it to a friend in the meantime. Heard nothing to counterclaim the gr8mazing part, so I should probably up it's priority in the queue.

You answered it yourself.

But no one gave me a reason WHY! :P:

Anyway...i did start the game. I wrote a tl;dr version of my thoughts about it on another forum so ill spare you all of that.

I got to the point where you first leave Colony 9 (and no, i havent seen the infamous plains yet. But i will pretty soon.) and guys...wow. Just...

emot-damn.gif

There is a lot of freaking win that was made here. Everything is just so....big. Okami was big and i liked that. This makes Okami look like a weeny speck on a light bulb. Characters are really likable too. I also noticed the British accents and even British spellings for things! Not to mention the slang. Yes please.

Battle was confusing as fuck all at first and im STILL getting the hang of it. Its not bad, just really chaotic so i was all "omg omg what do i even..." Im sure as the game goes on, ill get used to it.

Im still not even quite sure what the plot is yet, but yeah...totes not sorry about the 50 bucks anymore. hahah!

I have to admit that Xenoblade has become my favorite game, even above FERD. You know what Flory? My bigger brother began like "try other games! I'm sick of FE", and I was like "NO! FE is enough! Those games are crap, you know they aren't my style!". Until the day I played it. At first I was like "Uhh...well, titans, basic stuff, DA' Chosen dude, the nice story at the beginning",

but when I saw Metal Face killing Fiora, my heart was torn apart, oh and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAW4xlbyu28

After that I continued playing it just to experience wtf happened. And I got completely caught by its awesomeness.

I have played 170 hours, and I'm thinking on moar'.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Okay, I just decided to buy this game because of all your recommendations. I am running out of money in my bank account so stop saying things are good.

By the way if I don't like it I will hunt all of you down Taken style and jump-punch you in the throat. Just saying.

Man...with Thanksgiving going on and junk, ive had like, no time to sit and get any further in this game! Its nutting me up cuz i really want to like sink an entire day into this bad dog. *sigh*

HER NAME WAS FIORA AND SHE DIED! OMG THE HELL, GAME! hahaha srsly, i was upset. She was likable as all hell too...

Don't worry about... [spoiler=7] Fiora! [spoiler=Super Spoiler-y]She comes back later. Sure, she's [spoiler=EVEN MORE SPOILER-Y] possessed by the Mechons, or something

, but she rejoins the party... eventually.

Edited by Spiriter Kalas

I am struggling not to click on these spoilers you people are posting.

Oh yeah Florina to piggyback on seph's statement, don't quote posts with spoiler tags either. They become simple tags when quoted, so you'll inevitably read what it says.