Schoolteacher Mafia - Sign Up Topic

eclipse

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wtf:

Ohkay, that's 19 of 17 play slots. I have a couple of ideas to make this doable.

1. I randomize who gets in.

2. Since I know a few of you have activity problems, I hydra you with someone else whose activity is suspect.

Your choice~! This game won't start until Friday/Saturday (depending on what my dad wants me to cook for Friday's Thanksgiving dinner. . .'cause I'm special and get two).

I don't mind number 2, since that means that everyone would be able to play. That way everyone can enjoy the mafia game. The only problem with it is that having hydras might make it horribly messy to play with, but if both hydras are allowed to discuss (either through the role PM or Skype), I think that it should be fine.

Generally hydras are allowed to talk within themselves, yeah. It's more annoying for the people who aren't the hydra, to realize that the two people are like the same person in actuality. And it gets really weird when one person is playing well and the other person isn't.

i'm not too big on hydras outside of gameplay mechanics since they'll always result in one playerslot playing better than it could if it was just one of the two people, but i don't actually object to it

Reason why I suggested it is because. . .

1. Marth said he's gonna be busy mid-game

2. Blitz's internet connection is like one big roulette wheel

3. Rocker64 wasn't that active the last time he was here (no offense, just my observation)

4. I'd rather have two semi-active people making a role seem more active, rather than people wondering where four semi-active people are.

Reason why I suggested it is because. . .

1. Marth said he's gonna be busy mid-game

2. Blitz's internet connection is like one big roulette wheel

3. Rocker64 wasn't that active the last time he was here (no offense, just my observation)

4. I'd rather have two semi-active people making a role seem more active, rather than people wondering where four semi-active people are.

sounds good actually

Hydras are fun

(if you are taking opinions, I would like another team up with Marth)

1. I randomize who gets in.

2. Since I know a few of you have activity problems, I hydra you with someone else whose activity is suspect.

Your choice~! This game won't start until Friday/Saturday (depending on what my dad wants me to cook for Friday's Thanksgiving dinner. . .'cause I'm special and get two).

I would be very happy to hydra with someone. In fact, I think it would be a good idea for me because my activity in early December will be kind of suspect due to finals and all. I also have no problem with hydras in general either.

Edited by Taewoo

i would suggest considering having boron and lucina being a mentor hydra (lucina posts, but talks with and gets pointers from boron behind the scenes). generally that works well in games with newbies and it decreases the chance of hydras giving undeserved advantages

Agreed; I just dislike the idea of a hydra with both players able to post. The teacher/mentor thing sounds like a good way for new players to get advice AND experience, while letting the mentor 'play' using their mentee as their mouthpiece.

Agreed; I just dislike the idea of a hydra with both players able to post. The teacher/mentor thing sounds like a good way for new players to get advice AND experience, while letting the mentor 'play' using their mentee as their mouthpiece.

I agree with this, although I don't think the "mentor" should be completely restricted from posting. Like give them a little bit of freedom but not enough to allow them to take over the playerslot.

See Kay's Training Mafia OC for an example of what I mean

I don't mind such a mentee/mentor hydraing either, since I don't really have that much experience with mafia yet, it might help me to learn.

If there's an extra player and you need an extra person to hydra in such a way, I'm up for it.

Decided to pair Marth with Boron for giggles

I'll keep that in mind~!

I was gonna be all like, "you know she doesn't like being shipped, right?" and then I remembered the relevant strain of conversation.

I'm glad I caught this in time, despite having just woken up.

i would suggest considering having boron and lucina being a mentor hydra (lucina posts, but talks with and gets pointers from boron behind the scenes). generally that works well in games with newbies and it decreases the chance of hydras giving undeserved advantages

I'm all right with a "mentor hydra" thing as well. Whether I'm restricted from posting or not, I'll let eclipse decide that. (I really want to participate in this game, but my actual activity may be flaky for the first week and a half.)

I'm all right with a "mentor hydra" thing as well. Whether I'm restricted from posting or not, I'll let eclipse decide that. (I really want to participate in this game, but my actual activity may be flaky for the first week and a half.)

Borooooooooon, maybe you want to help mentor me?

Borooooooooon, maybe you want to help mentor me?

Hahaha, we worked pretty well together in .hack mafia, didn't we? XD I wouldn't mind mentoring you either. Right now, I'm hydra'd with Lucina, so unless there's another mafia-experienced person who joins and can hydra with Lucina ... ^^;