So Crash got banned

Junkhead

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to give him help, but it never really worked. I think it's better this way, he was only getting angry and upset here. May Crash one day find the meaning of truth!

he had a fucking short temper, don't get me wrong, but it's not like he was an explosion of mad at everything that happened

Yeah, he wasn't Furetchen.

You never know what the future may bring.

Moar liek, you never know what you may bring in the future. :smug:

I tried to give him help, but it never really worked. I think it's better this way, he was only getting angry and upset here. May Crash one day find the meaning of truth!

And thread over, Shin wins, everyone go home. :P:

I seriously hope that his forum antics were only forum antics, because if that's how he was IRL, it's not gonna be easy. . .

Crash really did get defensive too fast, and he took offense at the littlest things that honestly meant nothing at all. He was also too quick to resort to calling people names or bad words, or wishing bad things would happen to them, simply because they annoyed him. A lot of the times that I've seen when I was a member here, it wasn't even people provoking him but he just overreacting at them. Well, I hope he matures up eventually.

I seriously hope that his forum antics were only forum antics, because if that's how he was IRL, it's not gonna be easy. . .

I'm pretty sure his overly defensive behavior extended to other forums as well, not just here, so it's a fair guess that he's that way in real life. While he may have had some issues IRL that caused him to act the way he did, it really was no excuse for all the shit he did that SF had to put up with for 3 years.

While I can't say I liked him or cared for him, I will miss all those days where I'd watch Crash make mountains out of molehills, especially over very trivial things like troubadours.

Here's to hoping that his banishment will make him rethink his behavior(and maybe his entire personality), because it really was getting to the point where it was getting just plain ridiculous, like Tangerine had already mentioned a few posts back.

Well, he likely would've had a close to full warn gauge if I weren't so lenient on him in the past. I take responsibility for this not happening sooner, but I felt he could improve if given the chance. I still think he can (and I think he has improved greatly over the years), but I couldn't let him keep doing this and not do anything about it. Warns didn't stop him, the suspension didn't stop him and I was doing everything I could to keep from having to ban him. I feel that everything he did was starting to be partly my fault too, because I kept giving him chances he never used to prove he deserved it. Granted, I still feel my reasoning was sound in the past - that he gets purposely provoked by people hoping to get him in trouble. But it doesn't really excuse what he did either, and he's far too defensive about things. He certainly wasn't provoked into wishing people get raped and killed.

That said, I told him last time that if it happened again I'd ban him. So I banned him. Can't say I don't keep my word :P.

And that's the whole story!

Fruit Beast...I...

This is all so very familiar to me. I believe i explained to you why once. Sometimes banning a problem member is necessary even if it feels wrong or even bad. I dont think you did anything wrong by giving Crash chances. I always chalked him up as just being a kid with some very poor social skills. So no, it isnt something you should really blame yourself for. If i had been the adminpants here, id probably have done something similar by being lenient at first.

It takes quite a bit of iron scrotum to be able to even talk about that junk publicly, outside the staff's hideyhole. <333

Fruit Beast...I...

This is all so very familiar to me. I believe i explained to you why once. Sometimes banning a problem member is necessary even if it feels wrong or even bad. I dont think you did anything wrong by giving Crash chances. I always chalked him up as just being a kid with some very poor social skills. So no, it isnt something you should really blame yourself for. If i had been the adminpants here, id probably have done something similar by being lenient at first.

It takes quite a bit of iron scrotum to be able to even talk about that junk publicly, outside the staff's hideyhole. <333

Have I ever told you that you'd be a lovely mod? :3

I think I kinda kinda forgot the times he called somebody a bitch or something yeah, those were genuinely awful displays of a lack of empathy, particularly for somebody who'd gotten so much shit themselves.

...sigh.

It pains me to hear such sad news. Alas, poor Gordon. A bastion of liberty is now gone. However, a legend is made. The legend that made Gordon crash.

His bravery and virtue will never be forgotten, nor how he stood up to his ideals, even after being ridicularized, tortured, bullyied, provoked, demonized and humilliated.

His posts, poetry; his ideas, weapons; his retorts, a punch to the enemy's liver! Truly, my friends, a person of great talent, potential, a role model which we should all aim for.

How can we forget his images! Oh, his images! Such a refined taste, a lovely interaction with the board's background, a mystic mysticism than cannot be explained, even by the most skilled of poets, nor represented by the best of painters.

A great talent, now gone. This is the saddest day in this forum's existence.

Rest in pieces, Crash F. Gordon - A Hero gone but not forgotten

10/June/2009 - 18/November/2012

Edited by Rei Rei

Have I ever told you that you'd be a lovely mod? :3

Awww eCutie! <333 Yer the best.

he overdid the racism shit

You mean that wasnt an act?

:mellow:

Anyway, since i am not modly here, i summon the power of modlies. I think this thread has run its course. O great Modlies...lend us your power!