Serenes Forest Official Members Map

Elieson

Welcome to the Serenes Forest Official Members Map Thread!

Utilizing a unique website I just found, and tinkering with the capabilities of said website, I've figured out how we can all literally pin our locations on a map, for everyone's viewing pleasure (With the proper login credentials of course) If you're wondering where this site is, see the link just below.

http://www.pinmaps.net

[spoiler=Sample Image of the SF Members Map]BlNGv.jpg

It's quite simple to get in, and all inquiries are sent to a personal e-mail address for myself (in case anything comes up), directly to my phone, so I'll always be on alert in case of any troublesome situations.

Open Login Credentials:

Username - SFMaps

Password - fireemblem

Handling this is quite simple, really! Just follow my simple step-by-step guide below, to add yourself and view

1: Visit site and log in using above credentials.

2: When you log in, you should see a screen similar to this, with information on the right-side tab bar saying "1 Map(s) available, and underneath, a dropdown bar that says "Serenes Forest Members Map". If you see this, excellent.

3: In the upper address bar, you can type in your location (I typed my street name, city, and zip code), and click enter. The map will automatically zoom over to your entered location and pop up a bubble with your general typed address, along with a pin button and a button that says "Save Map Point".

Step 3a: If you'd rather adjust the location of you pin, simply click and drag the pin itself, and let go when you have placed it in the desired location. You can also click the "Add Map Point" button, located above the zoom bar on the far-left side. Simply click the button then click anywhere on the map to add your pin. You can adjust it as you so desire by click-dragging it to where you'd like it to be specifically.

4: Click "Save Map Point". A popup will appear. In here, name your Point Name (I used "Elieson"), and a description (anything you'd like to include). Then click Save.

5: Your point is now saved. Double-check to see that your name has been added to the right sidebar.

Step 5a: If you wish to delete or edit the Map Point, highlight it on the right sidebar, then under the search bar, click "Edit Map Point" or "Delete Map Point".

6: In order to view others, simply click the name on the right sidebar to see that user's selected location. In order to zoom out, you must use the zoom bar on the far left side of the map (Sorry, mouse wheels don't work on this).

***Please Note***

There is no way to lock each pin down. Meaning, if you accidentally click and drag someone else's pin, it is permanent. If you do this, please inform the Pin's owner so they can replace it as necessary.

So SF-goers, I look forward to seeing this become a new topic of fun and entertainment, and hopefully open up SF to the potential to real-life meetups to further preserve the friendships and relations that have been built on Serenes Forest soil!Be vague or specific, it's totally up to you, but participate if you'd like~!

Edited by Elieson

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy shit some motherfucker is like 20 minutes away from me

who the fuck are you kon

EDIT: ok it's like an hour but seriously damn

Edited by Integrity

:(

How about them Brits.

I know they exist on here somewhere.

Edit: I find it amusing when the map's zoomed out I'm in the north of Ireland.

Edited by Raven

Holy shitsticks, I'm not the only person from Hertfordshire here! (I put up my uni address up in Smelly Oak up, but outside of term-time I'm in W.G.C. for the most part)

Looks like little Oregon love out there.

I would say that looks the same for lots of places x3

And I was going to say that Indiana would be included

Then I saw somebody else

and then I was all =OOOOOO

Behold, I shall be the first stupid question asker.

"The map will automatically zoom over to your entered location and pop up a bubble with your general typed address, along with a pin button and a button that says "Save Map Point". "

I don't seem to be getting a pin button or the save map point option. I just get the bubble with the general info. I know I am missing something obvious here...

x3

Why do I spend ten minutes figuring it out, ask a question, then literally figure it out right after I post? >.>

Edited by L95