Tales of Symphonia Mafia Ver. 1.0

Shinori

WARNING: INCOMING SERIOUS POST (YOU CAN TELL BECAUSE I'M NOT TUNNELING THE OBVTOWN)

Don't reveal your role unless you're sure mafia know it, and weren't just pretending to so you'd reveal it. I made an educated guess based on the fact Prims named my exact role, but even so, I probably shouldn't have outed it since it could be an educated guess on his part.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WARNING: INCOMING SERIOUS POST (YOU CAN TELL BECAUSE I'M NOT TUNNELING THE OBVTOWN)

Don't reveal your role unless you're sure mafia know it, and weren't just pretending to so you'd reveal it. I made an educated guess based on the fact Prims named my exact role, but even so, I probably shouldn't have outed it since it could be an educated guess on his part.

I'm not sure whether scum knows my role or not. Prims seemed to imply he knew what my role was, so I'm not sure if I should claim or not.

Baldrick, I'll let you help me decide whether or not to claim.

Looking at Prims' post, he said you were crumbing Bodyguard. Is that the post you were talking about?

If it's something else, then think about if it was a specific reference or just a vague allusion, and if they could determine your role exists through what has been previously claimed. Remember, scum most likely know your role since you shared it with them in the scum quicktopic.

Remember, scum most likely know your role since you shared it with them in the scum quicktopic.

The what? I googled quicktopic and it looks like you know something I don't. Something about 10 of us didn't know. Most SF mafia games have the informed minorities share an SF PM and I can't imagine why that wouldn't be the case for this game too. I even looked at the first post again in case I'd missed something.

In fact, I just checked, and you can PM up to 6 people here like I thought. That's enough for a scum team of 4 or even 5, even if Shinori has some co-host I don't know about.

I'm Psyducking over whether or not you just made such an obvious scumslip, especially since it looks like you just implicated mancer as your scumbuddy. Mancer, who was supposedly cleared. If it's PLYLO though I also can't imagine why you'd try to throw your buddy under the bus. Then again what you said doesn't necessarily mean mancer is your scumbuddy. Plus, you voted for him after insisting he was town. What are you doing? Like, seriously?

##Vote: Baldrick

Well, it seems we have confirmation from scum that their communication is being done through a mass PM, not that it matters much. Until one of your buddies attempts a driver CC in order to try and take advantage of my glibness today, it's futile to cast suspicions on me; my claims fit too well with the established narrative to be false, which is more than I can say for some people. And if I were scum, do you honestly believe I would let loose my secrets so blithely?

I guess I should try and work out the order in which we should lynch the scum we have so far. Aleph will be second, to give him time to divulge more valuable information. We may have to bump him up to first if no better target becomes apparent, though. Mancer third, mostly because I don't think I have the clout to convince people on him until I've unearthed a couple of mafioso.

K my phone is fixed. Safari needed an update.

Down to business. Ive been thinking of a lot of possibilities and have a few things that really just piqued my interest. Baldrick is suggesting that scum specifically went after an assumed Scum!Mancer assuming the nights actions would carry out in such a way that a kill in their teammate would actually result in Helios dying instead. Out of the other kill prospects, they banked on shooting one of their own in an attempt to pre-empt a scenario like this and kill Helios without actually targetting him.

Does this even seem likely? I think you're just pulling an excuse out of your ass to try to hide things. Sure It /could/ have happened, but that is such a serious amount of grasping that I barely even know how to address it politely. At Potential LYLO no doubt.

Then this gem.

Remember, scum most likely know your role since you shared it with them in the scum quicktopic.

So you know that there is a scum QT? How would you know that unless you were scum yourself?

And seriously? You aren't clear at all, because you are directly involved in the death of our cop. Your role makes sense with what has happened, but does absolutely NOTHING to clear you, so that petty overconfidence doesn't mean a thing.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that the miller part of your claim is nothing short of bullshit. You are grasping at a ridiculous scenario and trying to pin a lynch on Mancer who, although has behaved scummy, is practically proven town due to being saved from a Nightkill by chance of you and this Martyr business. My suspicions lead me to think that since Prims dropped that crumb of knowing/guessing what Mancer was, that you drove Mancer and and Helios, expecting the Martyr to be there and screw things around. Either way, based on the crumb, it would be one PR or another, and your claimed drive backs that up.

Pretty sure this nut is cracked.

##Vote Baldrick

I wasn't redirected or targetted by any kind of redirect as far as I know. Scorri mentioned a redirect exists on d2 and that's the first time I had anything cross my mind about a redirecting-type role at all.

If we'd lynched Mancer Day 3 like I wanted to, this wouldn't have happened. Sure, mafia would've won by now, but it's preferable to this.

Is this another possible scumslip? If the mafia won by now, the game would've been over and town would've lost. How is that preferable to having a dead cop but town can still win?

Yeah. Thought so, since I'm safeguard and I was on j00 night 1, and Shinori said it was successful. I stayed quiet since I assumed he hit a nexus, but now he's claimed these can't be his true actions. I'm trying to get my head around the whole thing, but I know that he can't have been the one to redirect j00.

For the record my safeguard only works on roleblocks/redirects, and on night 2 I targetted scorri. I idled night 3 like j00's report says because I was unsure who to target.

Actually I think I'm gonna do more than just vote for Baldrick so he can't selfhammer and end day early.

Feel the pain of those inferior beings as you burn in hell Baldrick!

It's becoming clearer now. Most of the people on my wagon are scum, but obviously not all of them since it makes 5 scum with Mancer, and the game would be over by now.

In the process of writing proper rebuttal, I'll put it aside until we find out what Lucina was doing. If you're using an ability that means we shouldn't post, vote and unvote yourself. If you're using an ability but affects me only, vote and unvote me. If you're not using an ability, vote and unvote CR. If it's something else, please explain.

Mancer, there are four people on my wagon. We know you're scum and there's at most three other scum, so at least one town is on my wagon.

Baldrick, you have never been so wrong in your life before, because I am town.

It's getting really irritating to play with you, Baldrick, because of all your tunneling and trying to claim that I am scum. Whether you are town or scum, your narrow-tunnel-vision goggles are really stagnating town's discussion.

For the record my safeguard only works on roleblocks/redirects, and on night 2 I targetted scorri. I idled night 3 like j00's report says because I was unsure who to target.

I just now noticed this and this was a mod error.

That was my fault.

WELL FUCK ME DID THAT JUST ACTUALLY HAPPEN