Shining Force 2 Mafia: Game Over

Elieson

Oh, that reminds me - overreaction explanation~!

The root of overreactions can be quite varied, and some causes can be shared by both town and scum alike. The two that I can think of off the top of my head are:

1. Stuff happening outside of the game. Let's say that you've been busy, and you know you haven't been playing your best. Then, someone totaled your car, kicked your cat, and egged your house (perhaps all the same person, perhaps not). You hop back online, and you see that you're being voted for president. Compound your own self-evaluation with your awful RL situation, and that can cause someone to blow up.

2. A very shabby and inflammatory case. Now, let's suppose that someone tries to build a case using the following arguments:

Elieson is scum. Why? He's fucking scum, can't you see that?

Note that all this does is label Elieson, without elaborating on it. Elieson points that out. Here's the reply:

Shut up, scum.

That's an uninformative response on top of a shaky case. Alignment aside, I wouldn't be surprised if Elieson blew up at this point.

To generalize and say that town will react because of X and anti-town because of Y isn't the best, IMO.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so two mafias are confirmed, meaning it's probably 15/3/3, so we're at 14/2/2 at the end of D2, which is pretty good. Probably bussing scum somewhere in those last 5 votes because a hammer isn't actually needed to lynch, as far as I can tell.

Paulina, relax. No one is trying to attack you personally. Eclipse isn't trying to antagonize you on purpose.

Also what game are you two talking about?

The thing that bugs me about Eclipse's play is that frankly I don't have the time/attention span to read 100 SF games from a few years ago, she keeps mentioning meta from a few games ago, like guys let's play THIS game please. And try to minimize the amount of headaches while we're at it. Also Paulina is a new player and the aggressive tone probably came to her as a surprise.

2. A very shabby and inflammatory case. Now, let's suppose that someone tries to build a case using the following arguments:

##Vote: Elieson (L-6)

I scanned him as scum last night.

Note that all this does is label Elieson, without elaborating on it. Elieson points that out. Here's the reply:

Elieson has been lynched!

His role was [the town doctor].

That's an uninformative response on top of a shaky case. Alignment aside, I wouldn't be surprised if Elieson blew up at this point.

Play more. :P:

Between all the games I've played in and hosted, I have a bunch of meta data. You're free to take me at face value, though. Read my last response to Paulina - I thought it was a new player thing, too, until that Proto vote came along. Then, it became a problem.

Considering that the Other Guys wincon does not look like an ITP wincon and Mancer was Roleblocker then welp multi-mafia. That makes me want to reread night 1 to see how that theory first came up.

... it was primspec and then some people supported it for a bit, is what I saw.

And now my reads are clashing.

Darnit multimafia how do you work.

That makes me take a step back with marth since the role deleter could be from the other designated scum but urgh.

Marth kinda fullclaimed night 1 but didn't post his role PM, however I don't think that's a good point to suspect him right now as he did quote result flavor that seem to confirm it so role PM flavor is probably superfluous and won't help much. go me running in circles.

Paulina don't sub please. :<

Or even better, lets not meta at all because its a stupid thing to do

OR EVEN BETTER, how 'bout you contribute more? If you're essentially vanilla, then you're reliant on the day phase and your vote to Get Stuff Done.

OP (Dead Players list and D/N Links), and Title/Subtitle updated accordingly. Sorry I finally got access to a PC, and Title Updating is a b!tch and a half to do on my phone.

@eclipse: I didn't mean to generalise, I simplified it too far. Since there are always other factors around to muddy the waters, it's not prudent to assume town and scum will act in completely different ways.

Scumhunting is mostly based around educated guesses, backed up by knowledge of precedents and intuition. Until we get solid evidence, the best we can do is analyse the actions and interactions of others and decide whether it's more likely a townie or a mafioso would do that.

Beyond complicating the associative reads we get from Mancer, and increasing the possibility of friendly fire between the non-town players, I don't know what to make of there being multi-mafia.

Paulina don't sub, there's not enough subs to go around.

And we enjoy playing with you! I do, at least.

Multi-mafia: The upside to it is that the mafia teams can potentially shoot each other/lynch themselves out of the game. The downside is stuff like driving lynches isn't as clear-cut a town read, because someone on side A can lynch someone on side B for town cred. Also, protective roles don't auto-clear someone, as crossfire can occur. It's a bit harder to balance out, as one side shouldn't be too much stronger than the other, and both sides together need to be relative to the town's strength.

In other words, we'll need to rely more on the day phase than the night phase.

okay, so multimafia has been guaranteed

SB, said he was redirected, so there is a good chance the Nightkill, (Balc's) can be redirected and thus we should really pick 3 people this time and fix them if we are going to ask him to shoot this night.

it seems SB was right about Kay being scum, but it doesn't clear him cause of multimafia

also, flavor spec shows that the other guys are members of the Shining force where as the mafia are the bosses, but not sure which bosses .

I really cannot conclude what might have happened on N1 as in not being able to decide if there were 2 kills or just one, but to me it makes more sense to have 2 kills and not just one.

I would like to know everyone's opinions on whether we should have a night kill by Balc or not

if we do have one, I will nominate SB for reasons I voted him.

Okay, so since this is multimafia I take back what I said about Proto probably being town. I still don't like why a lot of people were voting him though, since I just think it was pretty weak reasoning in general--it seemed like people ONLY thought he was scummy because he didn't contribute a lot else aside from flavorspec. I dunno, left a bad taste in my mouth. Xin is still town though, I'm pretty sure of it. Anyone who tries to sow the seeds of doubt in my mind about that is probably scum. I realize since you guys can't read my mind you don't have to believe ME on it, though, but lynching Xin is still a bad idea.

Also Paulina don't sub, I like playing with you and reading your posts.

I have a gut feeling that SB and Helios are scum, but probably not on the same team.

Well don't worry so much. I only said I had a gut feeling/hunch, I mean at first I sorta thought you were town after a specific thing that I noticed but now that I know this is multimafia I'm not so certain about that anymore. I'm doing a PoE process in my head by eliminating all of the people that I'm pretty sure are town, although Marth could still be scum too after other flip. His role deletion doesn't clear him. On second thought, Sho's doesn't really either but that's PURELY rolespec so I'm not going to think about that one.

Depending on who you targeted, the redirecting role might or might not be town. We also don't know whether it was only you who was redirected or everybody targeting your target. Which is why you suddenly jumping to saying there's a Driver in the game made me a bit wary.