Would you rather get raped or be killed?

Junkhead

I don't understand why some people would choose death over anything which would give them a chance to continue living a normal life.

Precisely! Why would you choose to throw your life away instead of something so trivial in comparison? Sure rape is a pretty big deal still, but guess what, life can go on. Rape is a horrible experience I'd only wish upon my worst enemies, but death is the end. No more happiness, no more sadness, no more experiences, no more chances. Game over.

If I sounded insensitive in any way, I sincerely apologize. I meant no offense, just trying to convey the gravity of death.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why some people would choose death over anything which would give them a chance to continue living a normal life.

Death is inevitable. We'll all die sooner or later. Rape, on the other hand, can be avoided. I assume the question was not implying that the choice of rape would grant immortality, so yeah, I'd generally choose to be killed and not get raped.

Death is inevitable. We'll all die sooner or later. Rape, on the other hand, can be avoided. I assume the question was not implying that the choice of rape would grant immortality, so yeah, I'd generally choose to be killed and not get raped.

I am not sure how I can convey this any better. But as Freohr said, you kinda missed my point.

Edit: Soul, try putting some thought into the contents of your posts before actually posting. Bizz, and everyone else, have every right to be angry with your "dignity" post.

Edited by Raven

I am not sure how I can convey this any better. But as Freohr said, you kinda missed my point.

Edit: Soul, try putting some thought into the contents of your posts before actually posting. Bizz, and everyone else, have every right to be angry with your "dignity" post.

He never cares =<

All he ever does is *smugface* ;n;

Unfortunately, the law doesn't encourage revenge...or doesn't allow you to do it by your own hand, anyway. So it's pretty bad.

There's more than one way to skin a rabbit. You can have the rapist thrown in jail, or you can get creative without being lethal. Though some of the more amusing or gratifying types of revenge would get you jailtime of your own anyway.

Also rape is something you can overcome. Therapy, support, justice, etc. Once you die, however, there's no going back.

Edited by Nayr Farros

are you saying death is better than being raped? what abut all the rape victims out there? are you implying they have no dignity or pride and should kill themselves? are you by chance india?

i just

um

im sort of speechless really

also

this thread is so untactful in general

it's like your people skills took a nosedive lately alan

Edited by Stolypin Necktie

Neither because I've ascended to a higher point of existence where I'm aware that this sort of depressing hypothetical is fucking stupid.

Its so cool to attain that higher point isn't it? :3

Also I think this thread is awesome. I'm giving it 1000 dicks and 1000 knife stabs.

Neither because I've ascended to a higher point of existence where I'm aware that this sort of depressing hypothetical is fucking stupid.

I quoted this because I was thinking this. Without the profanity of course.

Classic Soul topic.

So, I've moved this to the serious discussion forum, where dumb shit will not be tolerated. The opening post had nothing offensive in it and seems to me like a legitimate question as some people feel differently about the issue than others. Rape is never a thing that should be taken lightly, but then again neither is death. Feel free to discuss this as long as it doesn't turn into an absolute shitstorm. Again, snide comments and insults will not be tolerated here.

This is in serious discussion now, so it's time for a serious post.

Man, you people have no dignity.

Soul, you are scum. If you believe that victims have no dignity for being the unfortunate victim of one of the most terrible things one human can do to another, if you believe that victims are to be blamed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, if you believe that they should be belittled with foolish statements to the point of 'hey guys i would rather die than be you', saying that they are basically BEYOND HOPE...

I hold you in contempt. As does, I suspect, much of the forum too outraged even to post here.

hey let's keep pointing out how i misunderstood what soul said!!!!!!!!! I'm editing all my posts leave me alone

Edited by Leder

I'm pretty sure you guys are strawmanning really good. I can't say 100% my interpretation of what Soul meant is more correct than yours, and I can't verify without him saying something, but I guess you two just want to pick the interpretation that lets you call him stupid rather than consider it means something else.

Whaaaat but I never called him stupid?? Don't put words in my mouth, please.

Scum/stupid, what's the diff. I was referring mostly to Furet. The only part referring to you was your interpretation seemed similar to Furet's. I should have differentiated better. You, I'm not sure how to call your post. It's not calling him stupid, but it is definitely jumping on something he said with an interpretation that isn't likely to be correct.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

As near as I can tell, and it should be pretty obvious based on what he said, he was not suggesting those that get raped somehow have no dignity or pride. I don't see how it could be clearer. He, clearly, would rather be killed than raped. For whatever reason, he sees rape as worse than death. Somehow death is less of a violation or whatever? That reason seems to be related to his pride (his post I removed used words like pride and honor, but I'll go with pride because it is the easiest to run with). Therefore, since it seems to be his pride that is making him rather get killed than raped, it is inconceivable to him that someone with the same amount of pride would rather be raped. Therefore, all of you, in his eyes, must have no pride/dignity/honor. Since you'd rather be raped than killed. That is not to say that those that have been raped have somehow lost their dignity. I see that interpretation as nothing more than a strawman, because it doesn't correlate to what he said at all.

Now, the question of how all of you seem to have collectively reached that interpretation is beyond me, since I can't see it. Chances are, each of you have reached that interpretation in a different manner. Some of you, I suspect, don't like him and so your brains immediately chooses the worst interpretation possible. Not necessarily a conscious decision, just something that happened. And then you are able to run off at him and, in Furet's case, call him scum. You, Leder, have been much more restrained. No idea how you came to this interpretation, but it doesn't seem to be out of dislike, because your post was rather reserved. Especially compared to Furet.

And yes, Soul's word choice was insensitive. Particularly in the post of his that I removed.

Edited by Narga_Rocks