The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

casually calling an african-american person a "n*****," especially when i'm of a different race, is still pejorative even if i don't intend it to be

point is that using a term that traditionally has certain connotations will invariably color the opinions of people who see the term being employed. your intent is not inherently obvious.

your intent is not inherently obvious.

Maybe not, which is why I said

Just to be clear, I'm using the word "exploit" to refer to something that trivializes the game's difficulty with little to no effort.

I really can't believe you just compared me using a common video game term to the n-word.

Lunatic+ is really stupid.

I took a swing at it for the lulz, and had to come up with some new strategies in order to make it past all the new enemy skills. In Prologue, this was mildly entertaining. In Ch1, this was a little annoying, due to the random chance of Hawkeye Hammertime. In Ch2, I wonder if these people are insane.

Frederick hit 2.35, and got an HP/STR/SPD/LCK/DEF level-up. Avatar is +HP/-LCK, level 6.64 with 29/9/7/6/9/3/10/6 statwise. If this were Lunatic, I'd be good to go, because those are some good statistics. But this is "go to hell" mode, where I am staring at a Risen Mercenary with Luna+ and Vantage+; he has a damn good chance of hitting Frederick for 11 damage instead of 3, which probably means that I am effed on Enemy Phase.

How is it that people beat this mode?

Hiya guys, this isn't really related to the completion of lunatic mode, but I figured I'd ask it here rather than make a thread for it. Hopefully it's not too off topic; the file i'm doing this on is lunatic mode.

I'm trying out new pairings and unfortunately Panne is the one left with the scraps (i.e., Ricken and Kellam). Which man would be better for her? My instinct is telling me to go with Kellam (better growths and caps+renewal and pavise to half damage for more reliable healing and damage reducing) but... Panne's growths and modifiers are good enough to not be screwed over too badly by Ricken's awkward ones. Plus Ricken passes down the class that has access to aegis, which can help out with Yarne's less than stellar resistance. Lifetaker is also neat. I was thinking bowbreaker would be awesome too but Panne doesn't pass down the wyvern branch for whatever reason, so bows aren't really any more of a threat than other weapons since Yarne will not have access to flier classes with Ricken as a father. Speaking of which, which skill would Yarne like the most from the classes that Panne doesn't pass down? I was thinking of lancebreaker (beast killers are rare, but they're more of a threat than any sword).

What do you guys think?

How is it that people beat this mode?

Lots and lots of luck. And mashing the soft reset combo.

And grinding after Chapter 4.

Because screw beating Paralogue 1 without some help. Hell, I've grinded a little bit and Paralogue 1 is still kicking my ass with Counter mooks.

Paralogue 1 is totally doable without grinding on Lunatic+ -- you can even get Donnel his requisite level. All you need to do is

1. reset until no one in the southeast has Counter

2. reset until none of the archers have pass / Counter

Due to a quirk in enemy AI, the second thief (the one that goes for the Rescue staff i.e. the item on P1 you actually need) won't start running until you pass a certain point. That means that once you deal with the aggressive starting location grunts, you can chip away at the rest of the enemy forces at your leisure. Forged tomes and weapons a must.

Beyond P1, though, you'll basically need grinding. Lunatic+ is an absolutely terrible mode, probably the worst mode in FE history, and anyone who defends it is dumb (Othin).

Fred and Chrom/Avatar paired up on the fort is a suggestion I hear often I think.

Make sure to equip the bronze sword that avatar comes with when the hammer guy comes close and his hit rate will drop to the 20s or 30s on Fred.

I cleared Hard mode without a fuss, yay level-grinding. I decided to give Lunatic Casual a shot (don't judge me), and DUDE GOD it's frustrating. I managed to scrap by prologue and chapter 1, but chapter 2 is giving me hell, Chrom and My Unit keep getting killed by something despite my best efforts, and Frederick keeps getting hit at 20%-30%, Anna what did I do to deserve this. Even with using everyone else as bait/scratching the enemy a little, I just can't clear it. I want to give up and go back to Normal/Casual. 8D; I only need to survive until Chapter 4, but it is so hard. What should I do in Chapter 2 to make sure Chrom and My Unit make it out alive?

I cleared Hard mode without a fuss, yay level-grinding. I decided to give Lunatic Casual a shot (don't judge me), and DUDE GOD it's frustrating. I managed to scrap by prologue and chapter 1, but chapter 2 is giving me hell, Chrom and My Unit keep getting killed by something despite my best efforts, and Frederick keeps getting hit at 20%-30%, Anna what did I do to deserve this. Even with using everyone else as bait/scratching the enemy a little, I just can't clear it. I want to give up and go back to Normal/Casual. 8D; I only need to survive until Chapter 4, but it is so hard. What should I do in Chapter 2 to make sure Chrom and My Unit make it out alive?

You may need to back up the truck and be a little bit more focused in the first couple of chapters. One of the biggest mistakes that people can make is to employ Frederick too much. Don't do that. Emergency use only.

If you start with HP/LCK Asset/Flaw, and feed as many Paired-up (for Veteran) kills to Avatar as possible in the first couple of chapters, you set the table for the rest of the game. I like to get a couple levels for Avatar in Prologue, to facilitate Avatar/Fred Paired up on a fort shenanigans in Ch1. This can leave Chrom a bit behind, but in my opinion it's easier to train him later than it is to try to split up the EXP between multiple people. If you level up enough, this puts you in a position to handle Ch2 with your broken Avatar/Fred combo, since they can handle all of the enemies on your side of the bridge easily. Take the elixir from Virion if you need extra healing for it.

I can probably whip up a quick skeleton for Prologue if you need some assistance getting the ball rolling without too much luck needed.

You may need to back up the truck and be a little bit more focused in the first couple of chapters. One of the biggest mistakes that people can make is to employ Frederick too much. Don't do that. Emergency use only.

If you start with HP/LCK Asset/Flaw, and feed as many Paired-up (for Veteran) kills to Avatar as possible in the first couple of chapters, you set the table for the rest of the game. I like to get a couple levels for Avatar in Prologue, to facilitate Avatar/Fred Paired up on a fort shenanigans in Ch1. This can leave Chrom a bit behind, but in my opinion it's easier to train him later than it is to try to split up the EXP between multiple people. If you level up enough, this puts you in a position to handle Ch2 with your broken Avatar/Fred combo, since they can handle all of the enemies on your side of the bridge easily. Take the elixir from Virion if you need extra healing for it.

I can probably whip up a quick skeleton for Prologue if you need some assistance getting the ball rolling without too much luck needed.

D: Oooh, I didn't think of that. I wonder why it didn't occur to me, it seems so obvious now. "OTL I paired My Unit with Chrom, I guess that was a bad idea too. 8D; If you could, that would be so neat, I could use a little help.

I've just reached the boat chapter (13, I believe...) in Lunatic Mode. This is a first for me and I'm very glad that I've been able to get this far. Haven't tried the boat chapter yet, but I'd like to know if there's anything in particular that I should watch out for. (Like surprise reinforcements for example!)

My current team is:

Chrom (LVL 1; Great Lord)

Fem!Avatar (LVL 14; Grandmaster -- Paired with Chrom)

Lucina (LVL 10; Lord -- Daughter of Chrom and Avatar)

Panne (LVL -- ((I forgot what level she was.)); Wyvern Rider)

Frederick (LVL 2; Wyvern Lord)

Gregor (LVL ((I forgot his, too.)); Myrmidon)

Nowi (LVL 19; Manakete)

Tharja (LVL 1; Sorcerer)

Cordelia (LVL ((I need to re-check her level as well because I am not sure what her level is exactly.)); Mercenary)

Libra (LVL 14; War Monk)

I'd also like some pairing advice. I had Gregor / Nowi, Libra / Tharja, and Panne / Frederick in mind. Are these pairings good? If so, who should I pair Cordelia up with?

D: Oooh, I didn't think of that. I wonder why it didn't occur to me, it seems so obvious now. "OTL I paired My Unit with Chrom, I guess that was a bad idea too. 8D; If you could, that would be so neat, I could use a little help.

Alrighty. Keep in mind that you may need to reset for misses or weird placements. Sorry, Lunatic can be a bitch like that early. This should be serviceable:

1. Run Chrom all the way to the right. His job is to distract the Myrmidon. Use Rapier if you don't trust his hit with Falchion.
  2. Have Fred kill the north Myrmidon from the left (OHKO).
  3. Move Avatar to where Chrom started, and then have Lissa Pair Up. This is not a troll.
  4. Enemy Phase: Fred should attract both Barbarians, and get them both extremely low. Chrom will dice it up with the Myrmidon. Mage will move in a random direction that may be annoying. Make sure nobody misses.
  5. Have Avatar/Lissa run up and Bronze Sword one of the Barbs, killing him. Make sure only the second Barb is in range for Enemy Phase.
  6. Move Chrom alll the way back as far left and down as he can go, and smoke a Vulnerary. Get Fred out of the way.
  7. Enemy Phase, Barb suicides on Avatar (now 90 EXP). Chrom dices up with Myrmidon again.
  8. Now you have a choice. Go full bravery man-mode and use Thunder to kill the Myrm, and then smoke Vulneraries (trade with Lissa) and kite the mage to death with Avatar (pair Fred/Chrom and run them away) for more EXP. Or, go for the safe route and just OHKO mage with Fred, and only kill the myrm.
  9. If you went man-mode, Avatar should be level 3 already. Take a million turns to separate everyone and heal them to full with Lissa.
  10. To deal with the top pack, leave Fred just in range of a Myrm. He'll suicide on Enemy Phase, and then Fred can kill the mage instantly on Player Phase.
  11. At this point it's just a matter of feeding Avatar as many of the three remaining kills as possible. If you pair with Chrom, set up walls, heal with Lissa, and make sure not to kill with Fred (give his lance away if you have to), it should be academic.
  12. Kill the boss. He can potentially ORKO Avatar with a crit, so be careful, maybe weaken him first.

There are more efficient and less chancy ways to play, but this will get Avatar as high as level five. Make sure to give the rest of your heals to Avatar, and then for Ch1 just send Avatar/Fred on top of the fort and murder everything to death.

And then see how hard that Chapter 2 isn't, because Avatar is god mode now, with Virion's Elixir.

I've just reached the boat chapter (13, I believe...) in Lunatic Mode. This is a first for me and I'm very glad that I've been able to get this far. Haven't tried the boat chapter yet, but I'd like to know if there's anything in particular that I should watch out for. (Like surprise reinforcements for example!)

My current team is:

Chrom (LVL 1; Great Lord)

Fem!Avatar (LVL 14; Grandmaster -- Paired with Chrom)

Lucina (LVL 10; Lord -- Daughter of Chrom and Avatar)

Panne (LVL -- ((I forgot what level she was.)); Wyvern Rider)

Frederick (LVL 2; Wyvern Lord)

Gregor (LVL ((I forgot his, too.)); Myrmidon)

Nowi (LVL 19; Manakete)

Tharja (LVL 1; Sorcerer)

Cordelia (LVL ((I need to re-check her level as well because I am not sure what her level is exactly.)); Mercenary)

Libra (LVL 14; War Monk)

I'd also like some pairing advice. I had Gregor / Nowi, Libra / Tharja, and Panne / Frederick in mind. Are these pairings good? If so, who should I pair Cordelia up with?

The game is about to get really annoying because of promoted enemies. Your team looks solid, I beat Lunatic with a similar loadout (although I skipped Tharja/Libra, didn't use Corde, and instead worked Morgan into my crew). Nowi was seriously dumb overpowered once she got going. I recommend keeping her.

Also, expect surprise reinforcements, because why not. The game especially like fliers. You'll have some in the boat chapter coming up.

So, i hear in Ch. 11, Gangrel's group doesn't move until you lure them in. Does anybody think grinding Olivia to Lv. 15 to Learn Special Dance is worth it?

I've heard stories of people dance grinding Olivia to 30/30 and using her to solo the rest of Lunatic, so if you're patient enough, you could cheese the game that way.

Frederick use early on isn't really problematic; just make sure you get enough free kills to Chrom and Avatar.

I've heard stories of people dance grinding Olivia to 30/30 and using her to solo the rest of Lunatic, so if you're patient enough, you could cheese the game that way. .

How can Olivia solo the game? I've danced her to level 30 and reclassed her into a Swordmaster and she was amazing but with the weapon rank disadvantage she was nothing compared to the actual main soloer on my party, Lon'qu.

Edited by Quick

I tried chapter 3 but I died because of the enemies attacking me from left and right. I got through the first two chapters pretty easily with a +defense avatar though. I think I've been relying too much on avatar and fred. Any advice? My team is this:Avatar level 11Frederick level 3Chrom level 2Lissa level 3I also want to use Kellem and Sumia when I get them this chapter.

Have Chrom talk to Kellam and Pair Up, then send Kellam back so that everyone is out of enemy range. The enemies won't charge until you get in their range, so you can take your time if you wish and trade Kellam's Javelin to Frederick, who can handle the Archers and Soldier on the left quickly enough to address the RHS enemies.

I tried chapter 3 but I died because of the enemies attacking me from left and right. I got through the first two chapters pretty easily with a +defense avatar though. I think I've been relying too much on avatar and fred. Any advice? My team is this:Avatar level 11Frederick level 3Chrom level 2Lissa level 3I also want to use Kellem and Sumia when I get them this chapter.

Lissa is only level 2? Mine was like level 3/4 by chapter 3, and after words I think 5/6, without any tile bonuses mind you. Ah well, anyways, I paired Chrom with Kellam, Frederick with Vaike/MU, and Sumia with Lissa. (Keep in mind I was also getting Sumia to not have supports from Chrom because ChromxOlivia) I just charged the left corner and Frederick over time took care of most of the archers while I made Chrom get 2 kills from the archers, and when the enemies from the right started coming close I used the wall to protect my non-Frederick units and block the units from getting near Kellam and Lissa, although Kellam got hit a few times. Once they're done, heal EVERYBODY TO FULL so your Lissa gets around 1/2 level ups. (I always healed whenever an Archer attacked Kellam during the whole blockade thing) From there, just keep everyone else safe and carefully kill everyone with either Fred or MU. When you the boss is the only one left, have everyone catch up to Frederick and let him ALMOST kill the boss, heal Frederick, and then have either Chrom (if she has like 3 HP left) or MU get the kill.

EDIT: Nin.....ja'd?

Edited by Quick

The game is about to get really annoying because of promoted enemies. Your team looks solid, I beat Lunatic with a similar loadout (although I skipped Tharja/Libra, didn't use Corde, and instead worked Morgan into my crew). Nowi was seriously dumb overpowered once she got going. I recommend keeping her.

Also, expect surprise reinforcements, because why not. The game especially like fliers. You'll have some in the boat chapter coming up.

(Alright, I feel confident!)

Heh, I actually didn't expect Nowi to be so impressive, but with Gregor support she's pretty fantastic. I am definitely keeping her around for a long while.

sigh I hate reinforcements so much asdfghjklljshdbvlajsdbhv

no

I can do this

I can do this

I've heard stories of people dance grinding Olivia to 30/30 and using her to solo the rest of Lunatic, so if you're patient enough, you could cheese the game that way.

It only takes 137 turns to get her to level 30 one time.

I guess you could second seal her and do it all over again for stats.

Alrighty. Keep in mind that you may need to reset for misses or weird placements. Sorry, Lunatic can be a bitch like that early. This should be serviceable:

1. Run Chrom all the way to the right. His job is to distract the Myrmidon. Use Rapier if you don't trust his hit with Falchion.
  2. Have Fred kill the north Myrmidon from the left (OHKO).
  3. Move Avatar to where Chrom started, and then have Lissa Pair Up. This is not a troll.
  4. Enemy Phase: Fred should attract both Barbarians, and get them both extremely low. Chrom will dice it up with the Myrmidon. Mage will move in a random direction that may be annoying. Make sure nobody misses.
  5. Have Avatar/Lissa run up and Bronze Sword one of the Barbs, killing him. Make sure only the second Barb is in range for Enemy Phase.
  6. Move Chrom alll the way back as far left and down as he can go, and smoke a Vulnerary. Get Fred out of the way.
  7. Enemy Phase, Barb suicides on Avatar (now 90 EXP). Chrom dices up with Myrmidon again.
  8. Now you have a choice. Go full bravery man-mode and use Thunder to kill the Myrm, and then smoke Vulneraries (trade with Lissa) and kite the mage to death with Avatar (pair Fred/Chrom and run them away) for more EXP. Or, go for the safe route and just OHKO mage with Fred, and only kill the myrm.
  9. If you went man-mode, Avatar should be level 3 already. Take a million turns to separate everyone and heal them to full with Lissa.
  10. To deal with the top pack, leave Fred just in range of a Myrm. He'll suicide on Enemy Phase, and then Fred can kill the mage instantly on Player Phase.
  11. At this point it's just a matter of feeding Avatar as many of the three remaining kills as possible. If you pair with Chrom, set up walls, heal with Lissa, and make sure not to kill with Fred (give his lance away if you have to), it should be academic.
  12. Kill the boss. He can potentially ORKO Avatar with a crit, so be careful, maybe weaken him first.

There are more efficient and less chancy ways to play, but this will get Avatar as high as level five. Make sure to give the rest of your heals to Avatar, and then for Ch1 just send Avatar/Fred on top of the fort and murder everything to death.

And then see how hard that Chapter 2 isn't, because Avatar is god mode now, with Virion's Elixir.

Mother of god. I only had to reset once, but it actually worked. 8D; Oh my gosh, thank you! I never would have figured a strategy like this, I thought Frederick was supposed to do everything. I forgot My Unit levels quickly because of Veteran! I hope I can make it past Chapter 4 now... Man, thank you. 8D;

(Alright, I feel confident!)

Heh, I actually didn't expect Nowi to be so impressive, but with Gregor support she's pretty fantastic. I am definitely keeping her around for a long while.

sigh I hate reinforcements so much asdfghjklljshdbvlajsdbhv

no

I can do this

I can do this

You should be fine. The hardest part of Lunatic is already over, now you just need to build a team that can handle the scaling for the rest of the game. NowixGregor will last you all the way to the end. Tiki is a good option later if you need an extra body (with training, she is as good as Nowi). You can expect Frederick to fall off, but since you paired him with Panne, he's fine as just a combat partner for her. For your Cordelia support, it depends on where you want to go with her, you have a lot of solid choices (Kellam seems to be popular for his stat bonuses). Tharja/Libra is a great option to have in your pocket, because they have good pairing synergy stat-wise and open up Nosferatanking for heavy lifting.

Mother of god. I only had to reset once, but it actually worked. 8D; Oh my gosh, thank you! I never would have figured a strategy like this, I thought Frederick was supposed to do everything. I forgot My Unit levels quickly because of Veteran! I hope I can make it past Chapter 4 now... Man, thank you. 8D;

Glad to hear that it worked out for you; I just used something similar in another run, so it was still fresh in my mind. Once you get to Ch2, you should find that Fred/Avatar Pair-Up can pretty much handle anything. Make sure to take note of Redwall's advice for Ch3 up above, that will help you out as well.