The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Yesterday, I've beaten Lunatic+ in Classic mode. Holy crap, that was worse than hell... I still hate chapters 24 and 25 the most. Risens spawning everywhere on the map. Counters... Counters everywhere...

Edited by Linkmstr

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recruited Inigo by Ch17. Got him to Hero by completing Nah's Paralogue.

I've beaten like 4 skirmishes ( I FUCKING LOVE FORT STEIGER VS 1-RANGE RISEN SKIRMISHES)

Recruited Inigo by Ch17. Got him to Hero by completing Nah's Paralogue.

I've beaten like 4 skirmishes ( I FUCKING LOVE FORT STEIGER VS 1-RANGE RISEN SKIRMISHES)

Camp camp camp

Stall stall stall

I had 7 uses still by chapter 5. By that point, Chrom and MU were pretty well off by then and I did not need it past that. I think I used 6 at least for prologue. After that I only used it for chapters 3 and 4. A little bit here and there for chapter 1 and 2. But, those were predominantly Bronze Sword sort of levels.

Yesterday, I've beaten Lunatic+ in Classic mode. Holy crap, that was worse than hell... I still hate chapters 24 and 25 the most. Risens spawning everywhere on the map. Counters... Counters everywhere...

Grats! I'd argue that chapter 23 is worse than 25, though. At least with 25, one can rush a boss kill to put a quick end to things.

How much silver lance should I be using?

I don't remember the exact pairings I made in my Lunatic playthrough, but I'll just put stuff on what I did with Frederick and not the others because I used Fred to weaken enemies and later I used the others to kill them and gain exp for all of them. And I suck at explaining stuff, but I'll try. Also, I don't remember the exact details of every turn I made and which enemies I killed with which character so you'll have to hold out on your own with the rest. I used Fred the most on these four chapters so I remember some details of using him on both Lunatic and Lunatic+. I'll only talk about the prologue and the first four chapters. I used some of shadowofchaos725's strategy on the demo for the Prologue and Chapter 1 and omegaevolution's playthrough on chapters 2-4 to get through the rest so you can watch some of their videos to gather up some strategies. And you must remember to use the Weapon Triangle. Swords beats Axes, Axes beats Lances, Lances beats Swords.

For the prologue, let your avatar give his Bronze Sword to Fred, use it so that you don't have to waste any uses on Fred's Silver Lance. But you could always use the Silver Lance to weaken enemies like the barbarians and I recommend you use it on the mages because of the tomes they have that can literally one hit kill most of your units and the Silver Lance can one-hit kill them. The weakened enemies can be killed by your avatar and/or Chrom. You would still have like 20+ uses after this.

For the first chapter, you can use the Silver Lance against the myrmidons and the Bronze Sword against the barbarians, but be careful with the Risen that's holding a Hammer. When that Risen with the Hammer is near you, go to a fort and equip on the bronze sword so you can dodge more frequently and attack it at the same time. Like before, the weakened enemies and archer can be killed by the other units you have. You might have 10-20+ uses of Silver Lance after this depending on how you used it. Oh and before you finish this chapter, let Fred get the elixir from Virion.

For the second chapter, equip the Silver Lance and try luring most of the risens to the center (The Risens at the top don't move until you get deep into their attack ranges.). Make sure the other units are out of attack range. After that, you can use the elixir you traded with Virion in the previous chapter to recover all of Fred's health. Then move your units to the right side and try and stay out of range again. You can put a unit strong enough to hold out on an enemy attack by putting them just on the limit of one enemy's range and gain exp from that. And do the same thing with the other Risens that were near the bridge and weaken them with Fred. After you kill all the Risens, go to the forts and recover HP for all your units who are injured. After that, let Fred go beyond the bridge and stay on the fort to the right because there's an enemy holding an Iron Sword you can steal and you can switch from your Bronze Sword or Silver Lance to the Iron Sword. When you finish, you'll probably have 1-10+ uses. Again, it'll depend on how you much you used it because Fred also has a Bronze Sword and Iron Sword.

For the third chapter, don't recruit Kellam yet. Instead, let Frederick and Chrom, paired up, go where Kellam is and stay just down-left of him with Frederick equipped with the Iron Sword or Silver Lance. Depending on Frederick's level, you may be lucky to attack twice and kill the enemies that will attack him directly. Let your units get closer to the left side, but still outside of the enemy's range. When Frederick kills off some of the enemies, have Chrom get next to an archer and Kellam, talk to Kellam, and use Chrom to attack the archer. The rest can attack the archers directly if you can reach them. If you don't want to waste any more Elixirs (or if you have any), let Lissa heal Fred and steal a vulnerary and use it to heal even more. Do the same thing with the enemies on the right side by luring them with Fred and weaken them and use the others to kill them to give them exp. By now, you should have two keys. Open one door and lure the Knight and kill him with magic since they're weak against it and open the other door and do the same thing. Make sure you're not in any other enemy ranges when you're attacking the knights or else they'll start moving to attack you. You only need to be on the knights' attack range. Now, after you've killed both knights, lure the enemies on one side of the map and kill them one by one on the stairs. There's also an enemy with a Hammer, so be careful. If you kill the enemy with the Hammer, you'll get the Hammer and you'll need that for the next chapter. And the boss will be easy to kill so don't worry about that. When you finish, you'll probably have less than 10 uses for the Silver Lance.

For the fourth chapter, it's a lot easier than the last couple of chapters so don't worry too much. Let Fred hold on to the hammer so he can one-hit kill the knights that are on the top of the map near where "Marth". The rest of the enemies are quite easy to kill since there aren't too many. And if you have Chrom or the avatar able to attack twice against most enemies, then it'll be even easier. You don't even need to use the Silver Lance in this chapter so you can have the same amount as last chapter. Sorry if I didn't put much for this chapter. It's pretty easy if you know what to do.

So that's it. I know that most of this doesn't make any sense, but I tried. I hope this helps a little. xP

Edited by Linkmstr

stuff

Thanks, I managed to get to chapter 4. I still have 20 uses of the silver lance because I found some other good weapons in the event tiles and was able to use those. I accidentally had Chrom's rapier equipped for a while and didn't notice so now it only has 25 uses. I should still be fine though, right?

Thanks, I managed to get to chapter 4. I still have 20 uses of the silver lance because I found some other good weapons in the event tiles and was able to use those. I accidentally had Chrom's rapier equipped for a while and didn't notice so now it only has 25 uses. I should still be fine though, right?

Pretty damn lucky to get some good weapons on event tiles. xD All that typing was useless, I guess... lol

Well, you're fine with what you currently have. And if you're even more lucky, the RNG Goddess, Anna, might appear on the map sometime with a Master Seal or Second Seal and you can promote whichever character you want earlier in the game.

Edited by Linkmstr

1365118559[/url]' post='2344334']

Pretty damn lucky to get some good weapons on event tiles. xD All that typing was useless, I guess... lol

Well, you're fine with what you currently have. And if you're even more lucky, the RNG Goddess, Anna, might appear on the map sometime with a Master Seal or Second Seal and you can promote whichever character you want earlier in the game.

Lissa is level 9 , so she's th closest to promotion right now. I don't have any seals yet, but when I get some would it be better to master seal her into a troubador because horses or into a sage so she can attack sooner?

Lissa as a Sage won't be doing much attacking due to her low offensive growths; the best reasons for her to go with Sage are Rally Magic (which may not be that useful for you since you'll likely have only one or two strong magic users) and increased Physic/Rescue range.

Lissa is level 9 , so she's th closest to promotion right now. I don't have any seals yet, but when I get some would it be better to master seal her into a troubador because horses or into a sage so she can attack sooner?

I would say Sage because she'll be able to travel through the desert areas a lot easier in the later chapters and her magic will be a bit higher so you can use the Physic Staff and Rescue Staff better. They will definitely help out in rescuing green units from dying. Like Libra in Chapter 9 where he's all alone and facing against enemies by himself, Anna in Paralogue 4 where she's surrounded by a bunch of enemies, and other chapters.

Hmm...Just beat Ch. 18 (Classic Lunatic), but I've put off recruiting Morgan until now because I wanted to push it as far back as possible to get the best bases/skill selection I possibly could. I hope I'm still able to salvage him; he'll start with Veteran, the most important stats are all 21/22, and an instant promotion should push him into marginally usable status. What I can't decide now is whether to give him Armsthrift or Sol from MU (who has already gone lvl. 16 Grandmaster -> Mercenary for Armsthrift -> lvl. 15 Hero...). On one hand, Armsthrift will make it easy to have him use really good weapons, which will certainly come in handy, and it's probably far too late in the game to try and get it for him by reclassing to Mercenary. On the other hand, Sol will help his survivability, and it will only be enhanced by the Rightful King he gets from Chrom. I'm leaning towards Armsthrift since by the time he's durable enough/has good enough Skl to make good use of Sol, he should be at a high enough level to reclass to Hero to grab it himself, if I want. But when I consider how godly Sol is for MU right now, I feel like I'm underrating its usefulness. Decisions, decisions...

Even though MU is carrying pretty hard, I have a pretty competent team aside from that. I've got Panne (Taguel -> Wyvern -> lvl. 7 Griffon), who has great offense, but I think her Def got somewhat screwed; she only has 18, while her Str/Skl/Spd sit at 31/31/28 respectively. Then there's Cordelia (Pegasus -> Mercenary -> lvl. 6 Hero) who has bad weapon levels, but offense on par with Panne otherwise, better defenses, Sol, and Armsthrift. Lucina, who inherited Armsthrift and Aether, reclassed immediately to Tactician for Veteran and is quickly catching up to her mother at lvl. 11 Grandmaster. Great Knight Stahl is basically Freddy 2.0; his bad Spd/Res has restricted him from being a frontline unit lately, but he's making a fantastic support unit for me right now. Libra got Renewal just in time for the lava BS of Ch. 18, then reclassed to Sage; his stats are enough for decent chip damage in some situations, and between that, Rally Luck, and staves, he can always find a way to contribute as long as he's not being swarmed. Chrom is doing alright, but I'm finding him more useful as a support for Lucina than anything else, so he hasn't been getting much exp. My team right now is rounded out by support bots Frederick and Lon'qu, with Anna doing miscellaneous utility stuff (I liked pairing her with Libra because, even though they don't support, she gives him bonuses he likes and a good 7-8 inventory slots for staves between them).

None of my team can take too many hits from the swarms of promoted BS, but I can usually have MU take on the bulk of the abuse while the rest of my team focuses on smaller groups of enemies. I'm kind of nervous for Ch. 19 though...

As far as extra resources goes, you may have noticed I used 4 Second Seals...I bought one or two from either Anna shops or Streetpass teams, because I really wanted to see how well reclassing would work for Cordelia/Panne to make them usable in this difficulty. Haven't used any DLC or Spotpass, though I did beat a couple Skirmishes (one with the aid of a generic weak streetpass team just to see if I could, and one with a busted streetpass team just to watch it play out).

I've been considering it...I'll probably beat Morgan's paralogue, try Ch. 19, and if I get stuck, I'll go back for Tiki. I want to see how far I can get with the team I'm raising now. If nothing else, I'll probably beat her paralogue for the exp so she'll be there in case things go badly. The Anna support is tempting though, since I will need to continue fielding her as long as I want to grab chests...

But is it true that you need to grinding lv and RNG abuse, just to beat Lunatic mode?

No, but you need to know what you're doing.

If you're just expecting to play it on your first playthrough and beat the game without any preparation whatsoever (whether playing through the game first or getting tips from other players), you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Also, what RNG Abuse? You can't really RNG abuse without being in Casual Mode.

Keep reload a chapter until dodge some hit.

Good to know that I didn't need to grinding.

I plan to play Lunatic mode like previous FE Lunatic mode.(no grinding, Semi LTC)

Well after beat it 1 or 2 times in normal/hard before of course.

I just want to know 1 thing.

I plan to buy 3DS just for this game.

But is it true that you need to grinding lv and RNG abuse, just to beat Lunatic mode?

It would be better to start in Normal or Hard mode before starting Lunatic mode. Lunatic mode would be too much for you if you're going to do it on your very first playthrough. No, you don't have to grind on Lunatic. It's possible to do it legit without grinding and other stuff. Like shadowofchaos said,

No, but you need to know what you're doing.

If you're just expecting to play it on your first playthrough and beat the game without any preparation whatsoever (whether playing through the game first or getting tips from other players), you're going to be sorely disappointed.

@Jimmy_Smith You can have perma-death off and battle saves in Casual mode so players can RNG abuse in it. Battle saves are saves where you are and then you can keep resetting to the same spot you were in and try a different strategy and get different results in leveling up. You don't have to restart a chapter at all unless you feel like it. If you want to do it like a normal Fire Emblem game, choose Classic mode. Perma-death is on and there are no battle saves. You can only bookmark just like in most Fire Emblem games and if you want to restart a chapter, it'll delete the bookmark and you'll have to start over on the chapter you last saved.

So don't just go ahead and do Lunatic mode. Get used to the game first on easier difficulties and then come back here and ask for tips on Lunatic mode when you're ready or stuck on somewhere in Lunatic.

Edited by Linkmstr

You can have perma-death off and battle saves in Casual mode so players can RNG abuse in it. Battle saves are saves where you are and then you can keep resetting to the same spot you were in and try a different strategy and get different results in leveling up. You don't have to restart a chapter at all unless you feel like it. If you want to do it like a normal Fire Emblem game, choose Classic mode. Perma-death is on and there are no battle saves. You can only bookmark just like in most Fire Emblem games and if you want to restart a chapter, it'll delete the bookmark and you'll have to start over on the chapter you last saved.

So don't just go ahead and do Lunatic mode. Get used to the game first on easier difficulties and then come back here and ask for tips on Lunatic mode when you're ready or stuck on somewhere in Lunatic.

I think we all know what Casual mode is, thanks.

I think we all know what Casual mode is, thanks.

I was just trying to explain since Jimmy_Smith doesn't have the game yet... ^_^;

Edit: Or maybe he does know what Casual mode is... I don't know... xP

Edited by Linkmstr

Thanks for quick answer everyone :):

Yup, I didn't plan to go straight to Lunatic mode first time.

Maybe a Hard-Classic to know what to do before challenging Lunatic.

CASUAL LUNATIC. WHAT BLASPHEMY.

LunaticCasualWhatBlaphemy.png

BEHOLD MY SUICIDE ATTACK AND HUMAN-WAVE TACTIC, BABY!!!

Edited by Jimmy_Smith

Maybe a Hard-Classic to know what to do before challenging Lunatic.

This comes highly recommended. You want to know the general layout of the game before you jump in; my first Lunatic run was immediately after my first playthrough of Hard-Classic.