The Lunatic Club

Shinori

You should be fine. The hardest part of Lunatic is already over, now you just need to build a team that can handle the scaling for the rest of the game. NowixGregor will last you all the way to the end. Tiki is a good option later if you need an extra body (with training, she is as good as Nowi). You can expect Frederick to fall off, but since you paired him with Panne, he's fine as just a combat partner for her. For your Cordelia support, it depends on where you want to go with her, you have a lot of solid choices (Kellam seems to be popular for his stat bonuses). Tharja/Libra is a great option to have in your pocket, because they have good pairing synergy stat-wise and open up Nosferatanking for heavy lifting.

I'll try out Kellam / Cordelia and see how they fare.

Anyway, I got past the boat chapter. It wasn't difficult at all! Hell, even the reinforcements were easy.

Onwards to Chapter 15!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I recently registered to join the club! I'm currently in lunatic+ chapter 17..but the 3 characters I concentrated on (Chrome/Avatar/Lucinia) aren't enough anymore, so I'm planning on grinding up a few other characters. I did manage to marry chromexolivia so I can start my powerhouses.

Funny enough I got to chapter 11 on Lunatic+ prior but because I messed up and married crhome and sumia, had to restart and oh my god was it retarded. But I need to vent my frustration/sigh of relief to people who can understand the hell we have to go through to accomplish this!

Edited by Khainiwest

Ehhhh Chapter 4. Even with My Unit/Fred combo, Lu-Marth keeps beating us up. 8U; His mooks are fine and easy, but Marth kills us with ease man. Is there some way to weaken Marth before he kills My Unit? Even paired with Frederick, My Unit gets effortlessly slaughtered. Maybe I just suck, but I wonder what kind of advice there is for Lunatic Marth in Chapter 4. 8D; My god, this is the LAST CHAPTER I need before I can make Lunatic hopefully a cakewalk, but Marth is like "lol no".

Ehhhh Chapter 4. Even with My Unit/Fred combo, Lu-Marth keeps beating us up. 8U; His mooks are fine and easy, but Marth kills us with ease man. Is there some way to weaken Marth before he kills My Unit? Even paired with Frederick, My Unit gets effortlessly slaughtered. Maybe I just suck, but I wonder what kind of advice there is for Lunatic Marth in Chapter 4. 8D; My god, this is the LAST CHAPTER I need before I can make Lunatic hopefully a cakewalk, but Marth is like "lol no".

Use Renown items. Forge. Reset until Marth doesn't have Counter.

Use Renown items. Forge. Reset until Marth doesn't have Counter.

D: Reset for skills? Isn't that just a Lunatic+ thing? I'm on regular Lunatic/Casual. Hm, I never tried resetting, let me give it a shot.

D: Reset for skills? Isn't that just a Lunatic+ thing? I'm on regular Lunatic/Casual. Hm, I never tried resetting, let me give it a shot.

Whoops, never mind then.

Still feel free to use Renown items and forging. Otherwise, Freddy should be able to solo most of the map -- have Chrom / Avatar deal with some of the ranged enemies, and Freddy + Chrom deals with Marth.

Whoops, never mind then.

Still feel free to use Renown items and forging. Otherwise, Freddy should be able to solo most of the map -- have Chrom / Avatar deal with some of the ranged enemies, and Freddy + Chrom deals with Marth.

Ooh, okay, gotcha. No wonder it wasn't working. Okay, forged weapons and Renown. I hope this will work, I've tried this chapter 3 times now...

Ch. 12's starting to get on my nerves... So many enemies charge at you and the Paladins are a pain in the ass to kill...

Does anybody know which groups move at which turns in specific?

Ch. 12's starting to get on my nerves... So many enemies charge at you and the Paladins are a pain in the ass to kill...

Does anybody know which groups move at which turns in specific?

I think the Paladins on the ship move at around turn 4 and the Paladins on the edges of the map on turn 3. As for a suggestion, I had Lon'quxPanne (Lon'qu as main attacker) and MUxLissa (MU as main attacker) block up the main passage and let Maribelle (base level) and Libra focus on healing/rescuing since Olivia also needed to dance some units. I had Frederick as a Wyvern Lord with Chrom head to the left corner to kill all the Paladins at the bottom left corner and many of the top left and that's basically how I beat it.

Edited by Quick

i started my lunatic run a while ago, i am currently on chapter 13 moving at the pace of a snail haha i found chapter 2 to be the worse chapter so far...but then again i did grind some for money and so i could be evenly matched in stats with the enemies and not get mowed over, other than that i have no complaints so far with lunatic..oh im doing classic by the way

All the enemies on chapter 12 (except some of the ones that start nearest to you) funnel right down the middle as well and don't bother trying to come in around the edges unless you have some units.nearer to the left or right then the choke point in the middle.

I loved Chapter 10. It was such a hardcore Nowi training ground. Not a single bow or magic user on the entire map, and nothing promoted or forged at all.

Literally for Nowi approximately 12 levels in that one map alone, with minimal effort.

Chapter 11, I misread Gangrel's aggro point and accidentally activated it. It's quite scary when he comes charging at you, especially on turn 6 when reinforcements are still coming out. I ended up skipping all the treasure and rage-retreating after killing the thief on turn 3. Killed the speedwing Hero and Gangrel on the same turn, but ended up losing Maribell. Married Olivia to Chrom though, so that worked and I just cut my loses.

Though I loll'd when Olivia's S support kicks in AFTER she asks to join her "husband" in their quest to defeat Valm. Like seriously, the timing? Sheesh

I loved Chapter 10. It was such a hardcore Nowi training ground. Not a single bow or magic user on the entire map, and nothing promoted or forged at all.

Literally for Nowi approximately 12 levels in that one map alone, with minimal effort.

I know, right? It's like a vacation from Lunatic. "Welcome to Chapter Ten! We have soothing music, convenient forts everywhere, tons of stuff to kill, free swag on the thieves, an unlimited salad bar, and whenever you get bored, just go kill the fat guy!".

Just completed chapter 5 and that was such a pain in the rump. I think I'm getting horrible screwed with my MU though, hes level 16 and only has 11 Magic, meaning almost no procs, though he does have 21 speed. I went Speed/Luck for Asset/Flaw thinking I was going to need the speed but I'm wondering if I should have gone for magic at this point.

I know, right? It's like a vacation from Lunatic. "Welcome to Chapter Ten! We have soothing music, convenient forts everywhere, tons of stuff to kill, free swag on the thieves, an unlimited salad bar, and whenever you get bored, just go kill the fat guy!".

that's a rather.....odd take on it

Chapter 13 is a unique pain in te arse if you don't boss rush. Best key plan: move your entire brigade up and capitalize on the 2-wide choke point. Just be careful of those Longbow archers, they can be a real pain.

Killed all reinforcements, and I'm currently contemplating whether Olivia (Chrom's wife) should dance herself to level 30 once or twice before moving on. Dunno how it will affect Lucina and the rest of the gameplay for ch14 onward...suggestion?

Killed all reinforcements, and I'm currently contemplating whether Olivia (Chrom's wife) should dance herself to level 30 once or twice before moving on. Dunno how it will affect Lucina and the rest of the gameplay for ch14 onward...suggestion?

Well, it will make Lucina stronger, naturally, but it's probably not worth the effort. Lucina only gets a third of her bases from her mother. It's not like she'd be unusable with just a strong Chrom and her personal bases.

Well, it will make Lucina stronger, naturally, but it's probably not worth the effort. Lucina only gets a third of her bases from her mother. It's not like she'd be unusable with just a strong Chrom and her personal bases.

It's worth the effort since it also makes Olivia great, but keep in mind that you might consider it "unfair" and not do it. I personally don't but people have different views on things.

Only 1/3 oooo I forgot I thought it was 1/2. Eh, I can grind them up another time then. I'll just get her two levels so she at least has special dance, while I can get them easily.

I finally got past Chapter 2, but my friend had to shamelessly walk me through the entire thing ;;

She was literally dictating to me where to place my units. I'm pretty surprised how constricting Lunatic is. I mean, she mentioned that's only for the first few chapters but still. If she wasn't telling me what to do, I think I'd have been stuck in that chapter again D':

I finally got past Chapter 2, but my friend had to shamelessly walk me through the entire thing ;;

She was literally dictating to me where to place my units. I'm pretty surprised how constricting Lunatic is. I mean, she mentioned that's only for the first few chapters but still. If she wasn't telling me what to do, I think I'd have been stuck in that chapter again D':

Lunatic+ will make you miss Lunatic.

So, I'm still stuck on chapter 2. Freddy-tanking does not work. On a good randomization, I get Pass and Vantage +. At worse, it's Luna and Hawkeye.

Lunatic+ will make you miss Lunatic.

So, I'm still stuck on chapter 2. Freddy-tanking does not work. On a good randomization, I get Pass and Vantage +. At worse, it's Luna and Hawkeye.

Same situation here, and I have a pretty badass Avatar as well (went out of my way to feed nearly every kill in P/Ch1). It's so tedious to make decent strategies, since trial and error just gets you a different layout every time. Resetting until the number of Luna+/Hawkeye dumbasses is minimal, winds up being pretty time-consuming.

earlier in the thread, shadowofchaos quoted a post by nocturnal YL that might have useful tips:

<A quick Google search returned this:

http://123hrs.web.fc...s1/lunatic.html

Did a quick glance at 2-or-so chapters' guides. Seems useful enough.

One more:

http://knmc3.blog.fc...g-entry-11.html

http://knmc3.blog.fc...g-entry-12.html

http://knmc3.blog.fc...g-entry-13.html

http://knmc3.blog.fc...g-entry-14.html

Using Frederick to get through up to Chapter 3. Requires lots of painful resets.>

One of the links suggests that you park Fred onto the mountain. When I beat Ch 2, this tactic did help me a bit, I think; not only does the mountain provide slightly better Def/Avo boosts, but due to the high movement cost of mountain tiles, it also has the perk of preventing Fred from getting hit from all four adjacent tiles in any given enemy phase. I also used one of the Cavs to bait a small group of enemies away from Fred so that he wouldn't get overwhelmed. But yeah, it definitely seems like a very luck-dependent stage, even with near-optimal play.

There's also a probably-helpful thread by another user (Walhart) on this forum who has gotten all the way to Ch 7.

I'll probably try Walhart's strategy when I get back to playing Luna+. My second-biggest problem on that chapter is protecting the nobodies. Pass is a double-edged sword, since while it makes it easier for Fred/Avatar to survive, it also makes it almost impossible to keep the squishies from exploding. This chapter would be so much easier if I could undeploy people.