The Lunatic Club

Shinori

I think I'll swallow my pride and run Lunatic+ with casual xD;

I'm not brave enough to try it in classic. I can just feel the frustration without having to even experience it yet haha.

earlier in the thread, shadowofchaos quoted a post by nocturnal YL that might have useful tips:

<A quick Google search returned this:

http://123hrs.web.fc...s1/lunatic.html

That Lunatic+ skill list makes me want to cry.

Edited by pinkbubblegum

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll swallow my pride and run Lunatic+ with casual xD;

I'm not brave enough to try it in classic. I can just feel the frustration without having to even experience it yet haha.

That Lunatic+ skill list makes me want to cry.

Don't feel bad, the game is Lunatic with a billion more luck involved. If you lose a lot then it's not completely your fault.

Mila tree....had no realistic choice but to boss kill.

Luckily Panne reached 20/5 Griffon and learned Deliverer.

Managed to kill the thieves and pull a boss kill in EP4 with Hammertime (protip, reinforcements from te south appear on EP4, but Cervantes will act before they do)

Nowi grinding at Fort Steiger turned her into a monster tht got SS'd back to Manakete...so I grinded her on 2 skirmishes and Inigo/Yarne's chapters. Holy balls she and Donny are miraculously awesome now...

Just gotta get Luci a bit stronger for Avatar to marry...unless that's a Derp plan for Morgan?

Lunatic+ will make you miss Lunatic.

So, I'm still stuck on chapter 2. Freddy-tanking does not work. On a good randomization, I get Pass and Vantage +. At worse, it's Luna and Hawkeye.

Luna+ and Hawkeye are pretty gross together, but at least it requires the two skills to individually randomize on the same unit. Counter doesn't have such constraints, shows up fairly often once it's in the skill pool (seems to like getting generated on about half the units on a given map) and is far more dangerous. It becomes exponentially more frustrating when enemy waves arrive in quick succession (chapter 12 is a special kind of insanity).

So, I was wondering about general mile stones for Lunatic. From what I have gleamed, it seems you only want to train like 2-3 units while using characters for paired supports only. . Are there any level guide posts for if you are falling behind or not?

I managed to get through to Ch.3 (not started), and I think I might have used Fredrick too much. He is already level 4, while the only two units getting KOs are Chrom and MU and they only got to level 4-5 so far. Also, I was wondering what key locations you want to save the Silver Lance. I managed to get through the first few chapters using it only 5 times.

I have a serious quests that's bothering me....are the enemies seriously getting weaker after Chapter 5? I just beat Chapter 6 and I am essentially positive the enemy units, at least the fighters, had lower stats, predominantly speed which shockingly at a value lower then 10 (Didn't help that they still had a 100% 43% Hit change against Lon'Qu). Is this a sign that I may one day be able to use units not named Lissa, Chrom, MU, Fred and Lon Qu or am I just going insane?

So, I was wondering about general mile stones for Lunatic. From what I have gleamed, it seems you only want to train like 2-3 units while using characters for paired supports only. . Are there any level guide posts for if you are falling behind or not?

I managed to get through to Ch.3 (not started), and I think I might have used Fredrick too much. He is already level 4, while the only two units getting KOs are Chrom and MU and they only got to level 4-5 so far. Also, I was wondering what key locations you want to save the Silver Lance. I managed to get through the first few chapters using it only 5 times.

It's not so much levels as it is stats. Some characters are just better than others. If you training a handful of super-units, you are probably going to be in good shape, although with Fred at level 4 and Avatar underleveled, you're likely about to run into some difficulty. The game stops being "difficult" once you get past around Chapter 5 (which might be the second most difficult Lunatic chapter, because of having to fight early fliers). but if you can't get a non-Fred unit into shape by then, you have some hair-pulling ahead of you.

I have a serious quests that's bothering me....are the enemies seriously getting weaker after Chapter 5? I just beat Chapter 6 and I am essentially positive the enemy units, at least the fighters, had lower stats, predominantly speed which shockingly at a value lower then 10 (Didn't help that they still had a 100% 43% Hit change against Lon'Qu). Is this a sign that I may one day be able to use units not named Lissa, Chrom, MU, Fred and Lon Qu or am I just going insane?

It's not the the enemies are getting weaker, it's that your stats are going up faster than theirs, which stays that way basically until the game decides to slap you in the face with promoted units (at which point it gets hard again if you haven't been keeping up).

How do I beat chapter 5? My team is:

• Chrom level 3
  • Sumia level 3
  • Kellam level 6
  • Lissa level 6
  • Fred level 4
  • Lonqu level 4

Also, do I need Ricken and Maribelle?

I'll be surprised if you survive without Frederick, so idk what to say. Also yes, Maribelle can be easily rescued by a Lissa paired with MU/Miriel if Ricken and Maribelle range attack the nearest Myrmidon.

It's not the the enemies are getting weaker, it's that your stats are going up faster than theirs, which stays that way basically until the game decides to slap you in the face with promoted units (at which point it gets hard again if you haven't been keeping up).

Ahh I see, I could have sworn the Fighters had 11 strength in previous chapters and when I noticed they had 9 in Chapter 6 my mind was completely blown, I had honestly thought their stats were lowering to actively troll me.

Edited by Hydrahunter

Ahh I see, I could have sworn the Fighters had 11 strength in previous chapters and when I noticed they had 9 in Chapter 6 my mind was completely blown, I had honestly thought their stats were lowering to actively troll me.

You're somewhat correct, although mixing up your axe classes a bit. The chapter 4 Fighters tote 10 Spd. Chapter 5 and paralogue 1 Barbarians, however, have 11. I've noticed some enemies come with slightly weaker stats or gear when NPCs are actively fighting, so maybe that's the case here.

You're somewhat correct, although mixing up your axe classes a bit. The chapter 4 Fighters tote 10 Spd. Chapter 5 and paralogue 1 Barbarians, however, have 11. I've noticed some enemies come with slightly weaker stats or gear when NPCs are actively fighting, so maybe that's the case here.

Stages with NPC's have enemies with lower stats? That explains it, Chapter 6 is Protect Emmeryn and has NPC "Marth" in it.

Stages with NPC's have enemies with lower stats? That explains it, Chapter 6 is Protect Emmeryn and has NPC "Marth" in it.

Stats or gear, yeah, and usually only the enemies that can reach said NPC within the first 2-3 turns. Off the top of my head, the one example where it's really apparent is in chapter 15. Enemies are generally packing high end or forged gear, except for the two Knights by Say'ri who have iron lances. Granted, she doesn't exactly fight back (a boon on Lunatic+ where she would probably splatter herself all over the pavement from either their counterattacks or the Counter ability), but it's a matter of saving her before she gets stabbed to death and any other enemy would curb-stomp her.

How do I beat chapter 5? My team is:

• Chrom level 3
  • Sumia level 3
  • Kellam level 6
  • Lissa level 6
  • Fred level 4
  • Lonqu level 4

Also, do I need Ricken and Mribelle?

I just finished it up. Basically:

-MU with a forged Thunder (enough to 2HKO all fighters) paired with Lon'qu to deal with enemies on the left while some support from the others units behind them. Had enough speed then to double fighters and dragon knights.

-Ricken pair'd with Maribelle and rescued on turn one.

-My Chrom and Fredrick had a support C with Javelin to deal with mages quickly and enough speed to double enemies. Eventually moved to Chrom to get EXP on a fort with Falchion to deal with dracoknight reinforcements.

-Oh, and Defence Tonic to MU and Fredrick.

Pretty much after that it was round up the enemies getting EXP to whoever needed it. If figure you can get the level done if you have any of that stuff.

It's not so much levels as it is stats. Some characters are just better than others. If you training a handful of super-units, you are probably going to be in good shape, although with Fred at level 4 and Avatar underleveled, you're likely about to run into some difficulty. The game stops being "difficult" once you get past around Chapter 5 (which might be the second most difficult Lunatic chapter, because of having to fight early fliers). but if you can't get a non-Fred unit into shape by then, you have some hair-pulling ahead of you.

Yeah, I decided to restart and got a better start on Prologue. I have no idea how I will manage to get other units leveled up with their damage output being pretty pathetic. Is there a good idea about how many super units are needed? I think only two or three is not enough.

Edited by Vorena

Yeah, I decided to restart and got a better start on Prologue. I have no idea how I will manage to get other units leveled up with their damage output being pretty pathetic. Is there a good idea about how many super units are needed? I think only two or three is not enough.

Depends on how many Veterans you have, since that skill makes it easier to level up. I had three (AvatarxChrom pairing), so my best units in a Lunatic run were Avatar, Morgan, Nowi, Lucina, Tiki and Panne. Chrom, Frederick, and Gregor were underleveled but usable. I would not recommend any less than three super-pairs. Tiki is a good lategame pickup if you find you need an extra superhero, although you need to get her as soon as she is available in order to have enough time to train her for the end.

I didn't Nosferatank, so you may find that helps you, i.e. Tharja or something.

Just out of curiosity (since I'm planning on starting my lunatic playthrough soon), does the strategy of balling up at the corner of the map still work? That's how I got through a lot of maps on hard mode, send out the least number of people possible (using only my trained super powers basically), balling them up somewhere on the map, skipping until reinforcements stop showing up and then steamrolling everything else. If it doesn't work on lunatic then I guess it wouldn't kill me to start using actual strategy again, hard mode on awakening made me really lazy though.

Okaaay, so I restarted my Lunatic file because I somehow was on Classic mode without noticing it. ._.; No way in hell I'm trying that shit on Classic. Sigh, and I finally made it to chapter 6, too...

Chapter 3 is giving me unexpected trouble, and even though My Unit is at level 8, he and Fred are getting really hurt by them archers. I gave Fred the Javelin, but nothing seems to be working too well. D8; Should I rethink my strategy? I can't remember what I did to clear Chapter 3 last time.

OHH. Like a derp, I forgot to move Chrom and Kellam away! I forgot! 8D; Tried it out, now I remember what I did last time. Thanks for the help, man!