Who did your MU(s) Marry and Why?

blizzara

As a couple of friends and myself have been comparing notes on our gameplay experiences, I've been wondering what factors go into who people marry their Avatars off to. In my case, I know it's got a lot to do with the interactions and who I decide I like, but with a game like Awakening, I'm sure there are all sorts of reasons. So, I had to ask.

In my case...

feMU #1: Named her Tira (for tiramisu, I use sweets when I'm stumped for names) and she married Henry. Multiple restarts for unfortunate reasons, but she always marries Henry. I read up on characters on the wiki before the game came out in English, and Henry seemed particularly interesting. Despite more puns than I ever expected, indeed he was the favorite. Bonus that he apparently has the same voice as my favorite Final Fantasy protagonist...and I never noticed.

male MU: Named him Keir, after an original character. I'm honestly not sure who I'll pair him with, but I'm waiting for Aversa to come out for completionism's sake. Currently debating between Lucina who was my initial choice and Sumia, whose confession scene hit the "Aww" button for me, to my surprise. Also thinking about Kjelle. Too many choices, not enough MU.

feMU #2: Named her Alice, after an original character. Picked Inigo because the guy who's good at heart, cheers people up, and strikes out with women left and right felt awfully familiar. Henry might have Zidane's voice, but Inigo reminds me of him. Doesn't hurt that he's a good character in his own right. The fact that he wants to be a dancer's pretty cute, and I enjoy his interactions with his family.

So what factors go in for you guys? Who'd you pair your MU(s) off with and what reasons did you have?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it hard to get attached to any one character in a game like this where there are so many people, yet each person gets so little stage time. It is much easier to like someone in particular out of a book series like say Harry Potter or something when it spans a long time and you really see all the interactions. So in the end, I simply did it for the unit prowess.

Chrom, Lucia, Morgan, and Avatar. That's a whole family of broken units. Three of which can reclass into anything they want too.

Eh? Another one of these threads? .......Ok, fine.

Female Avatar 1: Her name is Seraphina, she is the (headcanon) twin sister to my male avatar. As I'm sure you can already guess, she is married to Chrom. I'd love to go into all the juicy details on why I love and picked him, but I am bone tired right now so I'll just keep it short and say he simply clicked with me. And we can't forget the awesome fact of having Lucina for a daughter. <3

Male Avatar: His name is Micah, (headcanon) twin brother to FeAvatar #1. He married Tiki because I feel that she deserves to have someone to love her after centuries of loneliness. Plus, MANAKETE MORGAN!

Female Avatar: She is named Ana (my real name) because she is more of a 'personal' avatar; she leads the Avatar Army that I'm planning. And of course, she married Chrom because it is my forever OTP. Nuff said.

I find it hard to get attached to any one character in a game like this where there are so many people, yet each person gets so little stage time. It is much easier to like someone in particular out of a book series like say Harry Potter or something when it spans a long time and you really see all the interactions. So in the end, I simply did it for the unit prowess.

Chrom, Lucia, Morgan, and Avatar. That's a whole family of broken units. Three of which can reclass into anything they want too.

I get what you mean about screentime, since most characters don't have an active role in the plot itself after a point. Personally, I felt that the Supports system helped a great deal with this. Before having a character marry, I explore all Supports appropriate to MU gender before I finalize a selection. At least for me, it gives a more solid grasp than the main story-line alone, and provides a fuller sense of character. It's different from say, Final Fantasy, where main characters are featured a great deal and (usually) get more screentime, but I find myself with distinctive impressions all the same.

Strength is pretty important, especially if you're playing at a higher difficulty mode. What sorts of skills do you make use of?

Eh? Another one of these threads? .......Ok, fine.

Female Avatar 1: Her name is Seraphina, she is the (headcanon) twin sister to my male avatar. As I'm sure you can already guess, she is married to Chrom. I'd love to go into all the juicy details on why I love and picked him, but I am bone tired right now so I'll just keep it short and say he simply clicked with me. And we can't forget the awesome fact of having Lucina for a daughter. <3

Male Avatar: His name is Micah, (headcanon) twin brother to FeAvatar #1. He married Tiki because I feel that she deserves to have someone to love her after centuries of loneliness. Plus, MANAKETE MORGAN!

Female Avatar: She is named Ana (my real name) because she is more of a 'personal' avatar; she leads the Avatar Army that I'm planning. And of course, she married Chrom because it is my forever OTP. Nuff said.

Went back 10 pages and couldn't find one, so I hoped it wasn't too overdone recently, though I figured it had surely been asked.

Nice name choices there, they're pretty distinctive. One of the two friends who got the game along with me felt the same way about Chrom. He's a good guy, and Lucina is pretty great too.

I had similar thoughts about Tiki, and I think it's a shame that she can't be potentially shipped with more people. Feels like she ought to be spoiled, but MU can surely do that. What's it like having Manakete Morgan? I haven't gotten my male MU to the point that I could check that out yet.

I remember seeing something about a team of all Avatars. Bet that'll be hardcore.

Edited by blizzara

I went for Tharja.

Seems to have been the most popular choice in Japan, but perhaps not so for the West.

Anyway my Avatar was planned as a more magic-based character, so it was a good match. Also with the way she stalks Avatar whether you marry her or not, it almost seems like the game tries to set her up as "preferred" pairing similarly to Chrom/Sumia. (Until they decided you can marry literally ANYONE.)

And the major plot twist late in the story makes it rather fitting, in my mind, that my Avatar might subconsciously be drawn to the evil sorceress the same way she was drawn to him.

I totally didn't do it because of her outfit or anything... tongue.gif

Cordelia. I love her so much and Severa is my favorite character to have as another daughter. I pick Olivia as a close second though and I might do a playthrough with her as my wife. But now most of the women has grown onto me since I'm busy collecting S-Supports and child supports.

For my female playthrough I picked Frederick for some reason, but that first half-playthrough was mostly to collect Male Morgan's romantic support with Lucina and Female Avatar's standard support with Lucina I intend to do a proper female playthrough with my Avatar marrying Chrom once Aversa comes out so I can get rid of my spare file merely to make collecting S-supports easy.

I had my female avatar marry Chrom because he just clicked with me also. And the fact of having Lucina as a daughter and able to reclass to anything is a bonus. Plus, I liked Lucina and Morgan's sibling support also.

Paul married Cherche because Cherche is my waifu.

Second run, FIGHT married Sumia because I was hard min/maxing Lunatic and wanted a super Cynthia.

Third run, Aiku my self-insert married Flavia because there's something about Flavia.

Fourth run, autobattle, FIGHT married Nowi because I want an army of dragons.

First, Specta married Stahl because <3

Second, Isobel married Laurent because it kinda just seemed RIGHT.

Third, Steph married Chrom because I was told that MU/Chrom was lovely.

Fourth, Maria married Libra because I had suddenly developed a great appreciation for Libra right before this run started. (I was not disappointed)

Fifth, Elsa will marry Gerome because it seems RIGHT. (Also because I really want to see his confession image)

First run: Zweilitz married Lucina

Non complete Run: Genis married Miriel. (When one things about that... umm... yeah. That happened.)

Non complete Run: Presea married Frederick. (Eh? Why not.)

Non complete Run: Kratos married Anna. (So needed.)

Current Run: Zelos marries everyone (Well, sorta. Gotta get dem S-Rank supports. Don't know who he'll actually marry though.)

Male avatar Snake married Panne. I dunno why, she's cool I guess

Female avatar Violet married Chrom because of real life name cleverness with Lucina

First run was in Hard Mode and was SPECIFICALLY for postgame, so I married Sumia because she had pretty good caps and I like Sumia a little bit. Second run was in Lunatic mode and was for both ingame and postgame, so I married Cherche because I needed the flying boost to get past chapter 16 easily and between Cherche and Lissa I thought that Cherche will be better since that means I can have Gerome have access to all male classes, which is better than Owain having it. Besides, if Lon'qu doesn't take Cherche, I'll take her.

Edited by Quick

As I've probably mentioned a bunch of times before in proper threads, my Avatar, Kelli, married Frederick, and now I can't bring myself to have her marry anyone else. lol

FrederickxFemale Avatar has become my Awakening OTP, for sure. This relationship goes from distrust all the way to love, and through both aiding each other in a great way. Frederick trains her and she helps him stop starving himself sometimes because of a hatred of gamey meat. Oh, and the Avatar's nickname of "Freddy Bear" is just too adorable. lol Also, who wouldn't want to witness a wedding between Ylisse's knight captain and greatest tactician? They're pretty much the two most important figures in the country besides Chrom.

Also, for once, canon doesn't interfere at all. Yay. <3

I had decided on Frederick back before I liked him as much as I do though. lol I liked the idea of an ironic scenario where he, the only one not to trust the Avatar right away, ends up falling for her and winning her heart. And then I heard she calls him "Freddy Bear" and that sealed the deal for me. XD

EDIT: Oh, and I ended up making myself like the pair even more after making this. Hee hee.

Edited by Anacybele

Male MU- Was going to be Anna, but then changed to Aversa, but I ended up marrying Emmeryn, who I also claim as my waifu <3

Yumi, my FeMU #1- For this one, she married Chrom, I wanted to see how the meaning of the stuff Chrom said throughout the storyline changed, but I also really want to make my streetpass team called Ylissean Royal Family, equipped with Chrom, FeMU, Morgan, Lucina, Lissa, Lon'qu (Lissa's husband cuz for this file I did all story hinted couples.), Owain, and Emmeryn. Seriously considering starting over for Fred (Chrom's end of the family is boring me...)

Pandora (named after and character was fashioned after the kid icarus character :3)FeMU #2- I was origionaly going to stick with a male MU for lunatic, but I thought Henry was hilarious for my other two files, so I made a female MU with intentions of marrying her to Henry. It all worked out pretty well, since it was a sorceress anyways.

Artix, MaMU#2- Planning to marry Maribelle

Honorable Considerations: Tharja, Cordelia, Inigo, and (Ex-wife) Lissa, Anna

Edited by Saint

First runthrough - Iris married Stahl on account of reasons (Reasoms being I thought he was pretty good looking, as well as Sam Riegel. I also didn't have any other guys in mind for marriage).

Second (current) platthrough - Undecided as to whether the lucky lady who marries my male Avatar is Lissa, Maribelle, Sumia, or Anna. anna.gif

Ok... So...

On my first playthrough, I decided to "Go with the flow" and let the pairings happend by themself. I started to actively seek supports only after chapter 20. At that point, Chrom was already married to Sully. My Avatar Melanie, by luck only, managed to get B-rank support with Gregor while she had either C-rank or no supports with anyone else, so I decided to support and eventually marry Gregor.

My second playthrough is with Mel, another female Avatar. This is my support-grinding playthrough an therefore, Mel didn't marry anyone yet because she's waiting for Priam

I copied my Mel save file for a while to get Morgan's supports with the girls. For that, I married Mel to Gangrel. And Gangrel is definitely my headcannon husband for Mel.

Finally, I'm currently working on the male!Avatar supports with my Kieran. Gonna take a while before I get there but once I'll be ready to get Female!Morgan supports, I'll officially marry him to Flavia or Aversa, so I could easily get the non-siblings supports with the other kids.

I also had a short file to collect Chrom's S-rank supports with Avatar.

I married Gaius. As a Jaffar fangirl, I *kinda* have a thing for assassins. Another red-haired assassin was too good to pass up. He's my white boy Jaffar. <3

This thread! Okay, we can talk pairings. The FE:A I play the most is my digital one, where I have 3 files, all married to their true love.

First file, My Unit married Ricken, because I'm a dirty old woman. Or at least I will be. ._.; Though I admit it's quite awkward that Morgan both looks AND sounds older than Ricken in this timeline.

Second file, My Unit married Henry. Was originally gonna go for Yen'fay, because white hair, but Henry is a cuter and younger white-haired dude. I might have my Lunatic file marry Yen'fay, but time will tell...

Third file, My Unit is a dude, and in my head-canon he's the son of file 2 and Henry, being a white-haired dark mage. He marries Lucina because she's a wonderful character and deserves to be loved.

Male Avatar 1: with Anna because I would probably get with a woman like that.

Female Avatar 1: Walhart because his chapter was out and Conquest.

Male Avatar 2: Emmeryn because I felt so bad for making a brain damaged former pacifist have to fight.

Miriel. She's a total babe.

Actually I had my self insert marry her 'cause she had glasses, only until I got to really play the game and hear/read some of her dialogue she became my favorite FE character. I dig her personality, it's neat. Oh, and uh, my female Avatar will marry Basilio. That huge, manly chest and eye-patch.

I almost forgot, Miriel has the best/cutest confession CG.

Edited by Leafeon

Unoriginal Vash is unoriginal. I paired Silvia (my main Female Avatar) with Chrom for two reasons: one, I'd actually looked up a bit of the support conversation and found it hilarious, and two, that ridiculously broken family. Gyah. All Chrom and Co. has to do is stand there and decimate everything that's stupid enough to cross them.

My main Male Avatar, Silver, ended up with Lissa by accident. I was scrolling through Lissa's possible supports and my finger slipped - no joke. I was laughing the entire time, not because the support was funny (it was, but so cute too!) but because I had just made Silver accidentally break the bro-code. Good job, thumb. laugh.gif

Unoriginal Vash is unoriginal. I paired Silvia (my main Female Avatar) with Chrom for two reasons: one, I'd actually looked up a bit of the support conversation and found it hilarious, and two, that ridiculously broken family. Gyah. All Chrom and Co. has to do is stand there and decimate everything that's stupid enough to cross them.

My main Male Avatar, Silver, ended up with Lissa by accident. I was scrolling through Lissa's possible supports and my finger slipped - no joke. I was laughing the entire time, not because the support was funny (it was, but so cute too!) but because I had just made Silver accidentally break the bro-code. Good job, thumb. laugh.gif

Bolded parts: seriously, lol.... Become anything they want and slaughter anything in their path.

And honestly, I actually worry about doing the same kinda thing as you, finger slipping and giving someone an S support that I don't mean to... I'd hate that to happen, lol...

Anyway, to the topic itself: for each file, I married my avatar to Chrom and both named after my English and Chinese/legal name. Why? Because I <3 Chrom in all ways and anything of him. The support conversations are hilarious (and way better than Chrom/Sumia IMO) between female avatar/Chrom, and then Lucina/Morgan conversations are so sweet. Plus, the whole family is just friggin' broken. So now Chrom/female avatar is my OTP while the family is the.... one true ...family? OTF? lol.

Bolded parts: seriously, lol.... Become anything they want and slaughter anything in their path.

And honestly, I actually worry about doing the same kinda thing as you, finger slipping and giving someone an S support that I don't mean to... I'd hate that to happen, lol...

Anyway, to the topic itself: for each file, I married my avatar to Chrom and both named after my English and Chinese/legal name. Why? Because I <3 Chrom in all ways and anything of him. The support conversations are hilarious (and way better than Chrom/Sumia IMO) between female avatar/Chrom, and then Lucina/Morgan conversations are so sweet. Plus, the whole family is just friggin' broken. So now Chrom/female avatar is my OTP while the family is the.... one true ...family? OTF? lol.

lolol

I hope Morgan doesn't get the urge to break things (referring to Chrom's tendency to break things; Lucina isn't immune either [i tried out some of Father's sword moves and smashed a hole in the wall. ...Success?]).

Edited by Levant Fortner