Who did your MU(s) Marry and Why?

blizzara

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that there are some people who don't even realize he's on the cover art.

Wait, he is on the cover art? lololol.

Gee, you learn something new every day...

Ah well.

It's kinda on the site too... but that's kinda something I learned recently too...

Oh sheet he is! .... You can barely see him.

I say that knowing how he is ingame, that was done on purpose. A rather sly inside joke, too, if I say so myself.

Edited by Levant Fortner

English Classic Lunatic+: I'm totally going for Nono. Obviously. --yeah like hell I am. You already know it's Olivia.

Nowi is an amazing wife. Shame on you.

English Classic Lunatic+: I'm totally going for Nono. Obviously. --yeah like hell I am. You already know it's Olivia.

Oh Rey, you jokester

1st playthrough: I planned on pairing myself with Lucina from the beginning, solely so that Chrom's family could have three generations, but then grew to like her as a character throughout the story.

2nd playthrough: trying to get some more supports, I went with a FeMU x Chrom 'cause I heard it was an interesting pairing.

---

3rd playthrough: haven't started it yet, but I'm going to try and get the Male Morgan x Lucina romantic supports because I heard they're completely adorable before going to

4th playthrough: Another Self-Insert playthough, probably on a higher difficulty level, but knowing more about the game after I've beaten playthroughs 2 and 3. Probably gonna go with Lucina again.

...now that I think about it I've probably doomed the world in at least all four of these timelines when it turns out that mixing the bloodlines of Naga and Grima made either Morgan, Morgan and Lucina, or Morgan and Lucina's child turn into some kind of doom dragon or something. Dear Elimine, it's FE4 all over again! ._.

Edited by The Magus

I had my MU marry Cordelia on all 3 of my runs because I liked her character, and I'm not to fond of her other pairings. Oh right and Severa is my favorite of the child characters.

(I can totally understand why some people dislike her though)

Thankfully, the Dread Fighter Class exists so this pairing doesn't make my Avatar obsolete. (My Avatar's asset is Strength and his flaw is Resistance which results in all of Severa's stat caps except Luck being higher than his as a Hero, and all of Morgan's stat caps except for Luck are higher than his as a Grandmaster, which if the Dread Fighter Class wasn't released my Avatar would be either a Hero or a Grandmaster.)

Edited by Zelos

1st file: "Venn" married Lissa. At that time I hardly knew anything about how marriage worked in the game or who I could marry, so I went with the "marry the first woman you see" method. Best result: blonde Morgan. Worst result: Owain scares me.

2nd file: Still in progress. But will definitely marry Lucina. :)

Whelp. Seems like Olivia x Gaius is canon. Just not the way initially thought though.

I was bummed when they localized her name. ^^" I thought they might get creative, since her JP name is Orivie, rather than Orivia. Like Olive, or something random like Ophelia. I can't tell who Basilio is talking about 50% of the time. ;_;

Edited by Paulina

I thought they might get creative, since her JP name is Orivie, rather than Orivia. L

Katakana is weird. But I can assure you it's "Olivia".

Just like how "Yulia" is actually "Julia".

First play through was Chrom and i have to say that is probably my favorite of the lot from what i have seen and read. The animated scene (after the credits) feels especially poignant with this couple.

Second run has been Henry because i find him utterly adorkable.

Third run will likely be Lucina if i ever get around to it.

My first playthrough: Self insert MU married Cordelia because I have a thing for Pegasus Knights, red hair, thought she looked cool, and she the Catria of the game.

Second playthrough: My female avatar married Gaius because I like his character.

Current playthrough: Self insert again, but this time going to marry Lucina.

Slightly off topic, but I can't make a self insert in Fire Emblem. The reason? Bassie and Flavia are brown, but it's always the mighty whitey with Grima's crown. At least the black people featured this time 'round weren't Devdan level bad.

Slightly off topic, but I can't make a self insert in Fire Emblem. The reason? Bassie and Flavia are brown, but it's always the mighty whitey with Grima's crown. At least the black people featured this time 'round weren't Devdan level bad.

Devdan wasn't THAT bad. Now if we were talking about Danved thats a completely different story.

I was also wondering the other day why they didn't include a Mii Maker-type skin colour option. I guess it might be a feature deemed less important in the East where they aren't as ethnically diverse as the West, but I really hope they include the option for future avatars. In addition to more non-white-skinned characters overall lol. Flavia should have totally had a kid :(

Katakana is weird. But I can assure you it's "Olivia".

Really? I would have translated it as "Olivier" on face value. As in Laurence Olivier, the actor. It's the spelling used to render his name in Katakana, and has the same pronunciation in English (oh-liv-ee-AY). I've always spelled my name Oribia (usually not Orivia, since the V is cumbersome for most Japanese). Celebrities with this name are localized in Japan as Oribia or Orivia (Olivia Wilde, Newton-John, Hussey, etc).

Edited by Paulina

Really? I would have translated it as "Olivier" on face value. As in Laurence Olivier, the actor. It's the spelling used to render his name in Katakana, and has the same pronunciation in English (oh-liv-ee-AY). I've always spelled my name Oribia (usually not Orivia, since the V is cumbersome for most Japanese).

Overthinking it, I'd say.

Katakana names are usually the first thing you think of, from my experience.

オリヴィア、オリビア、オリヴィエ。

There are many ways to spell the same thing. I'd say it wasn't Olivier because there's no extension or the ル。 But again, there have been bigger storms that have gone over names than this.

I'd say the part of the reason why you're tending toward a different translation is because, just like you said, you'd spell your own name "Olivia" with different katakana initially.

Overthinking it, I'd say.

Katakana names are usually the first thing you think of, from my experience.

オリヴィア、オリビア、オリヴィエ。

There are many ways to spell the same thing. I'd say it wasn't Olivier because there's no extension or the ル。 But again, there have been bigger storms that have gone over names than this.

I'd say the part of the reason why you're tending toward a different translation is because, just like you said, you'd spell your own name "Olivia" with different katakana initially.

Haha. ^^" I would actually disagree. Many names, in my experience, have cut-and-dry transliterations. I believe "Olivier" is French, hence the lack of a choonpu at the end of his name (オリヴィエ rather than オリヴィエー). The standards for translating non-English names can seem counterintuitive to people in the States. I can never correctly guess Portuguese and German transliterations. ._.

Anyway, my spelling isn't very creative. Most people named Olivia in Japan are either Orivia or Oribia. Olivia Wilde, Newton-John, etc. *off topic ftw*

Haha. ^^" I would actually disagree. Many names, in my experience, have cut-and-dry transliterations. I believe "Olivier" is French, hence the lack of a choonpu at the end of his name (オリヴィエ rather than オリヴィエー).

I'd spell it オリヴィエア, personally.