Who did your MU(s) Marry and Why?

blizzara

If you're not sure, Lucina. If you are sure, change your mind for Lucina. if you don't care, Lucina. I think my personal bias is clear.

Edited by Mason The Tactician

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my first Avatar marry Cherche. I basically was deciding between Cherche and Cordelia. Originally I leaned toward Cordelia, but then I realized that Severa is a crazy brat and my Avatar should not have to deal with her. Also, Cordelia x Stahl is wonderful. So Cherche it was. Only afterward did I realize how awesome green-haired Gerome looks. Even if he is a tad... cold toward my Avatar.

My second Avatar was a girl. My girlfriend was mocking me about marrying a video game character, so I based my next Avatar on her and made her choose the husband. She chose Lon'qu.

If you're not sure, Lucina. If you are sure, change your mind for Lucina. if you don't care, Lucina. I think my personal bias is clear.

Second this, unless you're running Female Avatar.

My first run I really had no idea what I was doing, just that I really like Pegasus Knights and wanted MU to be one (which promptly fell apart once I realized how awesome Tactician was), so I made a FeMU. I wasn't sure who she would marry or even if she would (I didn't know how the supports and marriage worked, so I was just winging it).

By pure chance, the way I set up my army, the only female other than Lissa that Chrom had been near was FeMU (well, Sully too, but Sully was paired to FeMU, so no support points there) and that was for like four or five turns in the Prologue and nothing beyond. So imagine my surprise when the end of chapter 11 rolled around and he asked her to marry him based on not even a C support. I was so confused ("Wait, is he seriously... yep, he just did. Whoa, wait, I don't even get a choice?" XP).

Then I found out the power of how ridiculous a FeMU x Chrom team of doom was. Since my subsequent playthroughs were all ones I couldn't really afford to hold back on (Luna+), I went with what I knew (read: my Sol and Galeforce addiction) and just kept doing FeMU x Chrom again (I did experiment with setting up other couples, though).

If I was to make a MaMU now, he'd probably be in a run where I farm to see all his support convos.

Second this, unless you're running Female Avatar.

Still do.... wait, never mind. Then, I like Chrom and Lon'qu, the two I've done.

Gaius~ he steal my heart :XD: ,I like his character, I don't know why exactly, just when I saw him after learn about the marriage, I said: HIM!

But I want to make a file for Priam!

I apologize if I'm bumping a dead topic, but does anyone know if its a good idea for my MU in my next playthrough to marry a Lon Qu or Frederick-sired-Gerome? I so rarely hear of people marrying children besides Lucina so I never hear about the positives or negatives of marrying children.

Well if you're marrying /for love/ then it doesn't really matter(which is why a lot of people go for Lucina, I think, she's a popular character), but I guess it depends on whether you're playing for postgame or main game. 3rd gen tend to have the highest caps, but in story-mode you can't s rank MU until the kids actually exist and morgan will likely happen late. It's especially impractical if you don't like to grind.

I'm more of a marry-for-love person, so that's why my potential suitors are less-than optimal in the eyes of the post-game crew: my next playthough I'll debate picking either Gaius, Henry, Stahl out of the first generation characters. You don't have to pick the one with the best Morgan... to be honest, I'd rather have a weaker Morgan with a GREAT family dynamic than a powerful Morgan with a weaker dynamic, but, that's just me. Do whatever please you, Rainfall.

One of my lady Avatars married Chrom for broken Lucina/Morgs reasons. My latest male Avatar married Aversa because of Shadowgift Morgs is awesome.

But most of the time, my Avatars marry for the feels.

Well if you're marrying /for love/ then it doesn't really matter(which is why a lot of people go for Lucina, I think, she's a popular character), but I guess it depends on whether you're playing for postgame or main game. 3rd gen tend to have the highest caps, but in story-mode you can't s rank MU until the kids actually exist and morgan will likely happen late. It's especially impractical if you don't like to grind.

3rd Gen Male Morgan and 2nd Gen Male Morgan roughtly has the same kind of offense in "harder" DLCs

Just saying

I had The Avatar marry Sumia because she's funny and cute (and by "funny" I mean really klutz, lol). I was thinking of going Liz before because I really wanted her as a battle nun and the fact that the game was basically shoving ChromxSumia down my throat.

I haven't married off my MUs so...(yep no morgans) don't know who I want to partner them w/... too indesisive...

Really? I assume you live in Europe and dojn't have a US 3DS, because it would take some impressive willpower to not marry any character in any playthrough for more than two months.

You should totally pick Lucina.

My first file I married Cherche, because Wyverns (and their supports are hilarious - wyvern match-making? = gold). And also, who doesn't want to have Batman as a son?

Answer: His parents, because that means they're sorta dead. You can't win 'em all, I guess.

I married Lucina, initially just because

[spoiler=Ch. 21]I wanted to watch her try to murder her husband (I'm so mean, aren't I)

but I later grew to really like the relationship. Also, Lucina|Morgan with Aether FTW.

Cordelia, I was deciding between her and Lucina on my first run then I realized Cordelia gives two kids (and Severa ftw) while Lucina doesn't

still <3 Lucina though

Edited by shadykid

First File: Male Avatar. Name: Jacob

I married Lissa, just because I really liked the idea of being Owain's dad, even though his parent-child support doesn't make a lot of sense if Avatar is his dad. I like Lissa and all, but her support with the Avatar wasn't that interesting and the S support felt especially rushed and out of left field. Avatar doesn't even show slight signs of being romantically attracted to her beforehand. Owain made me a very proud father, though! i gave him pink hair like a boss!

Second File: Female Avatar. Name: Bianca

I married Chrom, because that's like half the purpose for a guy to play a new file as a female Avatar. Personally I prefer the idea of Avatar and Chrom being more platonic partners than lovers, but I was still pleased with their relationship and their "I've seen you naked" supports were pretty funny. It's also worth it for the exclusive/altered scenes with Chrom and Lucina, of course, and Morgan looks pretty good with blue hair!

I also have a third and fourth playthrough planned already! Third is gonna be a male Avatar again, but I have no clue of who I'll marry this time. Maybe Maribelle, because she's one of my favorite First Gen gals, or Lucina for the exclusive/altered scenes. My fourth playthrough will be another female one, and I've already decided I will marry Yarne because he's my favorite character and I need to have his love confession in my file!

Edited by Timid Taguel

Really? I assume you live in Europe and dojn't have a US 3DS, because it would take some impressive willpower to not marry any character in any playthrough for more than two months.

You should totally pick Lucina.

America actually got the game wedsday it came out...(I have every other charecter except for morgan) and they are all pretty much maxed on my main file... To be honest I don't really care about the children charecters so...(They feel to forced I think the game would have been better without them...)

Basically children are to op to exist... ANd MU is too OP to be allowed a child...

Edited by Dragrath

First File: Male Avatar. Name: Jacob

I married Lissa, just because I really liked the idea of being Owain's dad, even though his parent-child support doesn't make a lot of sense if Avatar is his dad. I like Lissa and all, but her support with the Avatar wasn't that interesting and the S support felt especially rushed and out of left field. Avatar doesn't even show slight signs of being romantically attracted to her beforehand. Owain made me a very proud father, though! i gave him pink hair like a boss!

Second File: Female Avatar. Name: Bianca

I married Chrom, because that's like half the purpose for a guy to play a new file as a female Avatar. Personally I prefer the idea of Avatar and Chrom being more platonic partners than lovers, but I was still pleased with their relationship and their "I've seen you naked" supports were pretty funny. It's also worth it for the exclusive/altered scenes with Chrom and Lucina, of course, and Morgan looks pretty good with blue hair!

I also have a third and fourth playthrough planned already! Third is gonna be a male Avatar again, but I have no clue of who I'll marry this time. Maybe Maribelle, because she's one of my favorite First Gen gals, or Lucina for the exclusive/altered scenes. My fourth playthrough will be another female one, and I've already decided I will marry Yarne because he's my favorite character and I need to have his love confession in my file!

Yarne IS adorable. I have an A support with him right now (my Avatar Scotia married Henry) but I saw his love confession on YouTube. I definitely want it now, it's just too cute. ^^

I went with Chrom, mostly because I find him strangely endearing, even though I'd originally planned to marry Frederick. I think it's also because I prefer Chrom's other wife options with other people and I liked the idea of my Serah having two broken kids, instead of just one. Plus, the story just seemed to fit better with them as a couple, imo.

I went with Chrom, mostly because I find him strangely endearing, even though I'd originally planned to marry Frederick. I think it's also because I prefer Chrom's other wife options with other people and I liked the idea of my Serah having two broken kids, instead of just one. Plus, the story just seemed to fit better with them as a couple, imo.

It does. The ending scene is just absolutely crushing if your Avatar married Chrom. I was so close to crying.

I'm so glad I married Henry in my Scotia playthrough. Just got this barracks conversation between him and Morgan (who seriously looks JUST like him, it's scary.)

Morgan: Father, tell me about your life until you met me. I want to know all about you.

Henry: I mostly just sling curses around and hang out with crows. But I'm not about to add deadbeat dad to my list of hobbies! I'll take care of you. Even if I die a horrible death, I'll protect from the... Hey. Why the long face?

Said barracks conversation unlocked their A support.

This is the fourth time this game's brought me to the brinks of tears. Awakening, I love you.