Best weapons type?

BossOfGuns

Favorite weapon type  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite weapon type

Please explain why you like the weapon. Also he class that uses them matters, like axe sucks on one class, amazing on the other

I like axe because, after fe7, their hit is decent, sometimes 1-2, availability, and most enemies are use lances mid game.

Edited by BossOfGuns

Should make it a multivote thing. I like swords and axes because they're the smashy-cutty weapon types (though swords are also stabby depending on the kind of sword, but yay versatility), and statwise swords are reliably accurate hitters and axes are hard hitters. I also like Thunder magic because it fries people and frying people with low-percentage crits is always fun shit.

I really love wind magic (especially Forseti). Bow down to the power of green blurs.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

My favourites are swords and wind. I think we should add sword-chucks to the list, though I have no idea how they are supposed to work. Fighter figured it out once, but then forgot.

It's generally lances and magic (mainly anima and light) for me, though I'm also big on staves (that probably has something to do with a staunch belief that healers are important).

Edited by Levant Fortner

I love dark magic, even though it's rarely available. FE7 dark magic made Canas, who I suspect would be otherwise called a mediocre character stat-wise, and turned him into a monster simply because Luna exists. Unfortunately dark magic took a dive in 8, disappeared in 9, came back only as a NG+ thing in 10 and only for part 4, and then wasn't seen again until Awakening, where it is once again PURE AWESOME.

II didn't like dark magic in Awakening, the fact that it was such a rarity in earlier games made it feel special, now that half your army can start conjuring dark spells makes it lose it's former significance to me. This also is the same for Dracoknights, Pegasi, Pirates, and Thieves, who felt like such exotic rare classes in earlier FEs, are no longer special. Anyway, voted swords, because swords are just the best weapon, not just in FE, but in general medieval warfare.

Lances all the way.

Great damage, high accuracy, low weight.

They can be thrown and kill horsies. It unites power and style for a fair price.

A weapon for the Knight who wants to be prepared for anything.

Swords have always just looked really cool to me. Some variations of this include Ragnell, the Falchion and Caladbolg. Seriously, they all just look... cool to me.

They're also really accurate, which works for me due to my bad RNG luck. Also, sword crits look glorious.

II didn't like dark magic in Awakening, the fact that it was such a rarity in earlier games made it feel special, now that half your army can start conjuring dark spells makes it lose it's former significance to me. This also is the same for Dracoknights, Pegasi, Pirates, and Thieves, who felt like such exotic rare classes in earlier FEs, are no longer special. Anyway, voted swords, because swords are just the best weapon, not just in FE, but in general medieval warfare.

In a couple of the other games, like in fe7 and 8, it's implied that there's a lot of fear and superstition surrounding popular conceptions of of dark magic, and that in contrast the people using it view it more as a science with causes and effects just like any other. Maybe by Awakening, people have just "lightened up" a little in their treatment of it

okay no need to boo jeez

I like all the types of magic and having the magic triangles is fun thus I miss them in awakening... especially my light... and As I like the balance of the weapon triangle you could say there really is only one standard weapon type I'm not a big fan of though I don't entirely hate them...(looks at you bows... )

*I will say that I would like enemy weapon types to be more balenced due to how I like to have a mixed team lance/sword/axe/tome wielders*

For the specialty weapons how I personally feel varies... Knives are okay but lack anything special... Stones are fun but I don't get to see the transformed states on the map :( non royal /banded(in FE 9) Laguz are hard to maintain though I do feel Olivi grass definitely made them feel much more viable and strategic.

Balista I feel are a great enemy threat to I prefer to have them as part of the map like FE 9 and 10 as they should benefit the defending side

I like all the types of magic and having the magic triangles is fun thus I miss them in awakening... especially my light... and As I like the balance of the weapon triangle you could say there really is only one standard weapon type I'm not a big fan of though I don't entirely hate them...(looks at you bows... )

*I will say that I would like enemy weapon types to be more balenced due to how I like to have a mixed team lance/sword/axe/tome wielders*

For the specialty weapons how I personally feel varies... Knives are okay but lack anything special... Stones are fun but I don't get to see the transformed states on the map :( non royal /banded(in FE 9) Laguz are hard to maintain though I do feel Olivi grass definitely made them feel much more viable and strategic.

Balista I feel are a great enemy threat to I prefer to have them as part of the map like FE 9 and 10 as they should benefit the defending side

Personally, I saw the magic triangle as unnecessary since mages tend to have high enough resistance that having WTA made little difference for the most part (particularly in Tellius since magic was weaker there relative to other FEs).

Personally, I saw the magic triangle as unnecessary since mages tend to have high enough resistance that having WTA made little difference for the most part (particularly in Tellius since magic was weaker there relative to other FEs).

Well, it worked in fe4 where res was low even for mages and the hit rate swing of 20 made a huge difference for some things.