Avatar the Last Airbender Mafia Signups

scorri

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer it start on 4/19 at around 9 PM EST or on 4/20 at around 9 PM EST?

• 4/19
    • 4/20
  2. 2. Would you rather a new thread be started or just keep this one?

• New thread
    • Keep this one

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

inb4 Psych pulls a psych and outs his scumbuddies if he's scum

To be fair to Psych, to the best of my knowledge, he's only done this once. Rein has subbed out or been extremely inactive in literally every single game he's played in since I've joined this site with the exception of Void. But OC doesn't count because we already know he can talk on IRC for the whole day.

To be fair to Psych, to the best of my knowledge, he's only done this once. Rein has subbed out or been extremely inactive in literally every single game he's played in since I've joined this site with the exception of Void. But OC doesn't count because we already know he can talk on IRC for the whole day.

You joined this site before I played mafia

Korra isn't as good as the original anyways.

agree with this, but korra could have been up to par with the original if it was longer because those last two minutes of an otherwise superb finale, maaaan

They should have dragged out the finale a bit:

[spoiler=My thoughts on the ending]Make it such that there's a little bit more development before Korra regains her powers.

In fact I think Amon should have escaped, and maybe the situation gets worse (Amon not revealed as a fraud yet) as the Equalists' reign grow ever stronger, with Korra slowly developing and touching her spiritual side followed by a full out grand finale battle.

I feel the ending to the series was too rushed.

Otherwise, Korra and Aang are pretty much on par except that Korra was aimed at a slightly older audience than the Aang series.

Edited by MancerNecro

Actually, I thought the entire finale was terrible. I had a huge rant about it somewhere right after it aired, but to sum it up:

Way too much exposition near the beginning for a finale. Tarrlok revealing all that info slowed down the pace a lot and also made it a huge deus ex machina. In addition to that, Korra being unable to airbend was supposed to be because she was having trouble connecting to her spiritual side. That's the reason that was given the entire season. Instead, she manages to unlock it at the end because... Mako was in danger of dying. And then, they completely ruined the end by having Korra just gain her Avatar powers back that easily (AND being able to return bending to everyone else stripped of their powers).

The rest of the season was decent, but personally I found the romance parts kind of uninteresting and not very well done. I know they were going for a ~slightly older audience here and were trying to have more romance and stuff, but IMO it could have been done a lot better.