Avatar the Last Airbender Mafia: D4ends 5/2 at 9:30 PM EST

scorri

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I actually like my vote on you cause looking back, most of your posts are defending your character and less about scumhunting

That's because most of the suspicion on me involved people suspecting my character. It's kind of hard to not "defend my character" when people are hung up on suspecting you because of it. I'm trying to work with what I've got, but nothing that has happened so far has drastically shifted my thoughts any.

I have like 10 minutues this morning so excuse the spelling and grammer plus i'm a bit hopped up on coffee.

NO TIME FOR QUOTES GOTTA GO FAST

prims less than 3 not 5 gotta be 4 and i <3u but not buying it bub numbers is easy scum claim and even though I just believe this is one of your usually fake a town claim early and see what it gets ploy it's not that hard to assume the number of mafia based on game sizee

eclipse is being her usually cagey self as well as not helping me (helping town though) there was something else but I forget

mancer is role fishing again w/ whole bender/nonbender thing make it a bit more obvious dude, please i knew nonbenders were a thing from night 0 cause i am one so I believe none of this

REIN IS MAJOR PINGING BABY yeah i fully believe he's scummy because that Fire Nation mafia thing whatever ugh i don't know how to phrase this but I have a feeling he's a different enemy faction that is against us and the fire nation and knew that and plus mancer was the miller claim as zuko, fire who was on team avatar so it's not exactly easy to assume what is the enemy team even just from elements

i'm like 80% sure azula and ozai are scum roles though but idk as what

I haven't read the last two pages, just this real quick post before I leave for class.

Mancer, did you not read why I didn't vote Elieson? I'm perfectly willing to vote him, but I don't know how far away from being lynched he is, if that's a possibility, and I do not want to possibly end the day early. I still don't know how far away he is, and I still will not vote (I have only read up to page 11).

Eclipse.

I said that, if Elieson becomes an undesirable lynch, and there is no better alternative, we should lynch the claimed Vivor. Where is there a problem with that? I'm not pushing a Slayer lynch, I am for an Elieson lynch and didn't say otherwise. I did say that Slayer is a go-to lynch if it's between him and no good lynch target.

Still down with lynching Elie if people don't want to go after the Survivor claim, because he seems to have a lot of really weak scumreads as opposed to even one good read. His strongest read still consists of "BBM said anti-town instead of mafia; must be scum!", which is pretty grasping.

FTP's attitude that a D1 lynch is a randomlynch kind of bothers me, though it might just be one that stems from playing games that rely more on roles than scumhunting. I mean, yeah, D1 is when we have the least amount of info, but that doesn't mean we can't make educated guesses. Waiting around for the Cop to out scum doesn't achieve anything, especially as they could just die N1 and leave town shit up creek without a paddle.

FtP should probably know better by now...

Your vote doesn't lose weight if you use it more. A townie's vote is one of their strongest scumhunting tools, and there isn't a real reason to not be voting your strongest scumread at any point other than MYLO/LYLO.

Well, it kinda does. If someone is just throwing their vote onto anybody who's online or something, it's easy to just assume they'll move it in five minutes or so. But generally this works.

Really? By my count, Kay has posted exactly twice. One was at the start with a random vote, and another was jumping on the Elie bandwagon for (paraphrasing here) "the same reasons others already said." So I'm not sure exactly what arguments you're referring to.

Not sure if this is a really heavyhanded attempt to bolster your mafia friends, but that's what it seems like.

Your "paraphrasing" makes it sound like I said anywhere in my post that I agreed with other people about Eli, which is a pretty big misrep. Don't do that.

I have like 10 minutues this morning so excuse the spelling and grammer plus i'm a bit hopped up on coffee.

NO TIME FOR QUOTES GOTTA GO FAST

prims less than 3 not 5 gotta be 4 and i <3u but not buying it bub numbers is easy scum claim and even though I just believe this is one of your usually fake a town claim early and see what it gets ploy it's not that hard to assume the number of mafia based on game sizee

eclipse is being her usually cagey self as well as not helping me (helping town though) there was something else but I forget

mancer is role fishing again w/ whole bender/nonbender thing make it a bit more obvious dude, please i knew nonbenders were a thing from night 0 cause i am one so I believe none of this

REIN IS MAJOR PINGING BABY yeah i fully believe he's scummy because that Fire Nation mafia thing whatever ugh i don't know how to phrase this but I have a feeling he's a different enemy faction that is against us and the fire nation and knew that and plus mancer was the miller claim as zuko, fire who was on team avatar so it's not exactly easy to assume what is the enemy team even just from elements

i'm like 80% sure azula and ozai are scum roles though but idk as what

Why the heck are you pointing out that you think random characters are scum? Also read Prims's posts but whatever. Eclipse is helping town but not you? That's.... a weird thing to say. Stop hinting at stuff about your role, if that's what you're doing.

I like my Elieson vote because he's still being weird and graspy.

Hey guys I'm Sokka, Water element (and not a bender obviously) and my role is something that you don't want to lynch for a reason that I've crumbed hard like 2x

I'm 1x NightVig and I throw my boomerang reeally reeeeally hard to knock people out.

Now get off of me scum.

Good fucking morning

And I still don't mind keeping my vote on Slownori because his one not-even-up-to-date post has a useless question for SB, a typical (identical to what i think) town-feel on Mancer, and a plain Jane sheep with BBM without a vote but a lax promise to vote for me. Lazybad/10

Kay I'm not being grassy I'm scumHUNTING and aside from what may be an obvious player to remove from the game, I'm doing my best to formulate cases based on what I've learned over time. Calling me graspy is one thing but you're just plain disregarding everything I'm saying.

FTP, read the rules, no hammers on D1. There's hammers on all subsequent Days, but not on D1, so you don't habe to be worried about phase ending early. That's actually too convenient an excuse to withhold a scum read and vote.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Fear The Pika because I think you have been acting too questionably throughout the whole of D1. Do you even have a vote out at all?

I'm moving my vote partially because of Elie's claim as well, I swear I typed that out but it somehow disappeared.

I wouldn't mind a Slayer lynch if/when things get desperate and we don't have potential scum candidates for a lynch.

Vig is a bad fake to make this early in the game, so I'm inclined to believe it, and there's plenty of time to see if Elie can't prove it. ##Unvote, ##Vote: Marth

His reads are really weak and both sort of stemmed from flavour/rolespec (Rein for the Fire Nation thing, and Strege for suggesting an SB lynch).

Psych, did you miss that Prims admitted that he was faking Numbers to try and get Slayer to confess? Also, asking for people to say whether they are a bender or a nonbender doesn't really mean anything because role, element, and probably alignment, are all unrelated to that, so I don't really see it as rolefishing tbh. The rest of his post is mainly flavourspec.

Not really sure if Psych is just being Psych or what; it's been a while since I've played a game with him. Also fine with lynching Shinori because he's had more than enough time to read through the thread and come up with better stuff than that.

Mancer, it means I'm pressed for time

and haven't studied the rules. I'm playing because I told Scorri that I would, not because I have time to.

##Vote: Slayer

I'm in class right now, and Elieson's claim is believable. Slayer isn't town, so that'll get my vote for now (now that I know there aren't d1 hammers). There still might be a better candidate, but that'll have to wait until I'm home.

Also, I still don't understand how bringing up an idea and discussing

It, saying that we shouldn't do it unless a majority votes it, is pushing an

Idea. It was only a couple hours that I even talked about it.

I'd volunteer to shoot Slayer but all I feel is that:

I'd be redirected since Psych claim

Bad memories of shooting Shin in Folgore Mafia

Why exactly did Marth suggest the lynch of our claimed PGO, btw?

Mancer, it means I'm pressed for time

and haven't studied the rules. I'm playing because I told Scorri that I would, not because I have time to.

##Vote: Slayer

I'm in class right now, and Elieson's claim is believable. Slayer isn't town, so that'll get my vote for now (now that I know there aren't d1 hammers). There still might be a better candidate, but that'll have to wait until I'm home.

Also, I still don't understand how bringing up an idea and discussing

It, saying that we shouldn't do it unless a majority votes it, is pushing an

Idea. It was only a couple hours that I even talked about it.

If Elie's claim is believable would you not like to see it in the night phase being proven (or in some other night phase). I'm up for not getting shot but given everything i have done so far its not likely that I will. Mostly because i Haven't been able to scum hunt. In any case, it isn't in the best interest of town to lynch me day 1. If i turn out to be mafia, the vig will shoot me. If the Vigilante is redirected then, i'm likely getting lynched on Day 2 partly because i survived what was aimed at me and it would make me look like scum.

You said that you have a gut suspicion of Mancer, but believe his Miller claim, and now you're saying the Miller claim means nothing? Which is it?

##Unvote (Prims)

##Vote: Elieson

I'm sorry Kay, you're right. I read this and logged it in my mind as "same reasons as others", which is not what you said. On the other hand, other people did make this argument as a basis for a vote against Elie. (This was also my line of reasoning.)

My original point to Psych though, that your first two posts couldn't possibly make you seem pretty town, stands.

Someone asked why I think Elie is scum... well now he's made a plausible claim, ##Unvote for now. Before, I was thinking Elie was scum because of repeated claims of sarcasm and his flailing accusation of BBM. Still seems odd, but I buy BBM's reasoning that nightvig is a bad claim to make early.

I'm moving down my list ##Vote Rein. Psych was above Rein before but he finally made a scumread I agree with (Rein), and others are saying he's hard to read so I'll back off for now.

Someone asked why I think Elie is scum... well now he's made a plausible claim, ##Unvote for now. Before, I was thinking Elie was scum because of repeated claims of sarcasm and his flailing accusation of BBM. Still seems odd, but I buy BBM's reasoning that nightvig is a bad claim to make early.

I'm moving down my list ##Vote Rein. Psych was above Rein before but he finally made a scumread I agree with (Rein), and others are saying he's hard to read so I'll back off for now.

FYI my "flailing" scumread on BBM isn't as flaily as you might think, being as a similar event happened recently. Sure I might be wrong but it's a case I think is being overlooked.

WRT people like Shinori who are simply looking bad because empty filler posts (Marth is sooooooorta in that boat), that's I guess a more plausible argument to make.

Also bbm why Do you really find Marth scummier than Shinori?

Can we get a time?

Agh that was a poorl worded question.

Bbm, do you really find Marth scummier than Shinori due to his fire nation banter or for some other reason?

That's what I actually meant Derp.

And yes I read your post I'm just not seeing his Strege thing (that you overlooked...something you're doing a lot of in this game pffft) as a serious reason of scumminess.

Votals

Mancer (2): BBM, SB, Strege, SlayerX, kdanger

Blitz (0): Boron

Rein (3): Psych, Grass, Boron, Prims, Marth

Prims (0): Kay, Psych

Strege (1): Eclipse, Marth

Marth (3): Mancer, SB, eclipse, BBM

Boron (1): Strege, Mancer, Blitz

FtP (1): SB, BBM, Prims, eclipse, Mancer

Pysch (0): Blitz, Rein

Eclipse (0): Elieson

Elieson (3): BBM, Mancer, Marth, Kay, Blitz, Rein, BBM, Prims, Grass, Prims, Mancer

BBM (0): Shinori, Elieson

Shinori (1): eclipse, Elieson, SlayerX, Blitz

SlayerX (1): BBM, Prims, Mancer, FtP

Grassbridger (0):

kdanger (0):

Kay (0):

Not Voting: Shinori, SlayerX

You guys have ~32 hours left in the phase.

Edited by scorri

Holy shit if you're going to put crossed out names in votals then at least offer an alternative without them, I find that impossible to parse.

Redirecting Elie isn't too big of a worry if we have a safeguard. I buy the claim, will switch vote after re-read which probably won't happen just yet.

This strikes me as interesting and definately gives me a Scumclipse vibe since I feel like that's something she'd say to want to use for later.

The post immediately after Slayer claimed third party is BBM wanting to lynch him for it, so I'm wary of that too. Prims is leaning pretty town to me for now since I'm liking his content.

Another thing that's poking at the back of my mind is this might be some kind of sick multifaction game, since I fee like the elements might be important later rather than sooner.

So if that gives you a scumclipse vibe, why aren't you voting her? Do you feel that your vote on Mancer was more precedented? Do you feel that Mancer was/is more scummy than Eclipse?

##Fos: Psych

Now something that caught my eye while I was reading was FTP. FTP has a couple of posts that strike me as off. He went for a really long time without dropping a vote but definitely stated suspicions on various people. He then stated that she didn't vote because he wanted his vote to have more weight behind it. Also because he doesn't like to just throw his vote around, whatever I can understand that but what it left us with was not being able to see definte reads from FTP. After pushing he UNBOLD votes Elie, which is I guess similar to what I did but he wasn't multiple pages behind on reading.

After his unbolded vote on elie he ends up voting for the claimed vivor even though in the post right before he voted Slayer he states:

I haven't read the last two pages, just this real quick post before I leave for class.

Mancer, did you not read why I didn't vote Elieson? I'm perfectly willing to vote him, but I don't know how far away from being lynched he is, if that's a possibility, and I do not want to possibly end the day early. I still don't know how far away he is, and I still will not vote (I have only read up to page 11).

Eclipse.

I said that, if Elieson becomes an undesirable lynch, and there is no better alternative, we should lynch the claimed Vivor. Where is there a problem with that? I'm not pushing a Slayer lynch, I am for an Elieson lynch and didn't say otherwise. I did say that Slayer is a go-to lynch if it's between him and no good lynch target.

Bolded part is the important part. "If there is no better alternative." There is still plenty of time left in the day phase to decide on a lynch that isn't a claimed vivor. I really feel like the votes/opinions that FTP is putting out leave him in an easy position to swing whatever way he wants, and I dislike that. This being said:

##Vote: FTP

Based off of other stuff Elie's probably town so I plan to re-look through the people that pressed for his lynch just to see if there is anything suspicious there. I also personally feel that anyone who attempts to press a Mancer lynch isn't being helpful either. I'm not gonna mention any other townie reads but as for various other questions:

@Eclipse: Why do the majority of your recent posts seem to be emphasizing on people not role speccing and talking of flavor? Also you stated Psych gets a legitimate comment when he stops doing whatever he's doing or whatever. How are you currently reading him though? I mean all fine and dandy if you want to wait and ask questions to him later but I'm curious as to how your currently reading him. Would you vote him over, say, slayer? Or over Rein/marth?

@Slayer: Random question for you slayer, if you were a doc who would you target? Also if you were an SK who would you target at the current moment? I specifically want only Slayers answer for this question.

Also Marth needs to work on his shit. He's coming off decently scummy as well. Specifically post #205. I felt his push on rein was weak and felt forced. It seemed like he was only voting him for role shenanigans which seems to be happening a lot this game and I dislike that.

Psych, I'm not actually numbers, in case that wasn't clear.

##Unvote

##Vote: Strege

This entire time, his vote has been on Mancer, but he hasn't said anything about Mancer beyond the initial sheep or tried to push the lynch. Instead you get a bunch of weird snipes toward people where he doesn't actually state his read on their alignment, like me writing short posts and SB having an anti-town role (Marth / BBM have the right idea about this). Reads very noncommittal and unmemorable.

Boron... has all of two posts that talk about her suspicions on other players. Question, why keep your vote on Rein instead of Elie here? Your case on Rein had less substance going by that post, so I can see this being an attempt to avoid being attacked for jumping on a wagon. Would join Blitz on this wagon if Strege lynch doesn't take off but this somehow does.

I'm alright with a Rein lynch. Haven't really been able to tell his thoughts on anything that isn't mainstream. That said I find the above two worse. I don't want a Marth lynch but can't really disect the case or anything. I just don't see scum intent in his posts. Same goes for Mancer.

I think Grasswhistle is really blatant newbtown, particularly due to the paragraph of him overthinking Boron's claim which I wouldn't expect newbscum to have come up with at that point. Don't feel uncomfortable about sharing this since he's obviously not in risk of being NKed.