Don't you just love the characters in this game?

Junkhead

I think this game has quite the interesting characters. I'll point out the ones that are my favorites:

Anna: I like her sly personality, usually thinking about gold, has a good attitude towards her mechant career and has some pretty badass lines like, "Princes aren't the only things I cut in half" and "Be careful, we thieves can make pretty deep cuts".

Henry: zomg, HENRY. I don't think there's much to explain about him. He's just great.

Sumia: I find Sumia funny. No, not because she says anything actually funny...I mean how she's so clumsy and insecure, it's adorable and funny at the same time. She's so unbelievably insecure it may actually be disturbing at times.

LIBRA: I'd make an essay about him if I could, but I'll just say he's my favorite character in the gaem.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the character goes yeah....

Frederick: Hes a Jeigan. Jeigan fanboy mode on. Although I hated his training obsession

Stahl and Sully: OTP.

Cherche: Cool chick and her Wyvern gimmick did not entirely rewrote her character, unlike a certain someone with unrecruited love

Maribelle: Chrom's A Support. That is all

LIBRA: I'd make an essay about him if I could, but I'll just say he's my favorite character in the gaem.

Go on, make it!

It's hard to hate the characters in this game, they all have unique traits and great development. I liked them all but my absolute faves are Cordelia and Libra.

Edited by Pega-Pony Princess

Not at all.

I got the impression that they are all just one note characters. Cardboard cutouts with no depth whatsoever.

Kinda like a cast made entirely of Ilyanas. So I find them to be painfully artificial and completely unrelatable.

Edited by BrightBow

Not at all.

I got the impression that they are all just one note characters. Cardboard cutouts with no depth whatsoever.

Kinda like a cast made entirely of Ilyanas. So I find them to be painfully artificial and completely unrelatable.

Yes yes yes, Mr. crusade. We get it, you hate this game.

"Gab about your favorites" thread? Kay. =3

Vaike is so darn cute. He's such a dumbass, but he doesn't take himself too seriously and just rolls with the punches. I love all the in-universe jokes at his expense. Lissa's "There's no one stranger than you!" always gets me. He also has a very pronounced (read: adorable) accent, kind of like Joey Wheeler from Yugioh. That slummy, ghetto vibe (although Joey's was a Brooklyn accent). I can hear it so clearly in his C support with Maribelle. "Dummy that I am, I thought ya might be changin' your ways...but I guess a tigress don't slip her stripes so easily, huh?" Love~.

Maribelle is such a diva, and it is legend. So many choice quotes from her. There's telling off Aversa in the ravine. There's her shop purchase quote (She sees that gruff Armorer and says "I'll take two tins of your finest tea and a silk bonnet, please" XD). And her interactions with Vaike are game-making. I love their S support, where she says something like "Vaike, I have decided how you can settle your debt. Give me that ring, and make me the happiest woman in all the realm!" And Vaike's like "...Wait, you're saying you'll marry me, right?" The idea of rich-ass Maribelle running off with Vaike's ring... I couldn't stop laughing. Sigh. OTP right here. And Brady makes so much sense.

My last favorite from this iteration was Nah. Out of everyone, she was the character I related with most. Calm and methodical, but too cautious compared to the other children. Frequently mothering her flighty parents (GregorxNowi ftw, btw).

I frankly think most of the characters of note in terms of depth and likeability are the children. Most of the parents I find flat and unentertaining. Most only have one trait/quirk that they are based off, and aren't really full characters. When compared to some other games, I was rather disappointed...

AND THEN THERE WAS CYNTHIA.

My favorites in the game are Cynthia, BRADY, Noire, Severa, Yarne (even though he's quite 1-sided as well), Inigo, Owain, Nah - did I mention I like the children? They save the game's personality for me by being so radically different than the rest of the characters. More colorful as well.

For the parents, I'd have to say... Maribelle. XD She's so fantastic, I find her personality hilarious and charming. Her dynamic is probably the most tsundere of the cast.

Gregor is amazing as well. Only mercenary archetype I've really taken to with his shameless hitting on the females.

On the whole, though, for a game that focuses on 'loving the characters' (from 'Iwata Asks') it was a little underwhelming.

Yes yes yes, Mr. crusade. We get it, you hate this game.

way to jump on brightbow's shit for the one time he's expressing his opinion in a relevant fashion in a relevant venue. ;/

topic: I generally like 'em.

Edited by Integrity

I've found Lissa quite entertaining, as there really hasn't been a prankster themed character in fire emblem yet, nonetheless a royal prankster.

Vaike is a bumbling idiot and reminds me too much of Ed, of whom I also enjoy a whole while lot.

I like most of the children (well, male children), while I don't have much of an opinion in most of the female children (Severa y u so bitch?)

While conversely, I like most of the female parents and don't have much of an opinion on the various dads overall (Libra monk with a dark past Zomg how exciting)

Obviously my OTF (Chrom Lucina and Morgan), Tiki, and her Morgan are going to be my top 5. But as for the rest I love just about every character, except maybe the spotpass characters since I'm not quite as attached to them (yet). My favorites are Henry, Lon'qu, Inigo, Severa, Owain, Nah, Yarne, and.....well, all the children I guess.

I like some characters a lot, like Vaike, Basillio, Panne, and Walhart, but some are among my least favorites as well, like Owain and Maribelle. I dunno.

I find the characters in this game to be pretty interesting and fun, since I don't have completely unreasonable expectations. They did a good job giving everyone a bit of personality amongst all of their supports/map convos, and kept the cast small enough to avoid the Tellius Problem.

I love Lissa and Cynthia. Owain is nice. Basilio is awesome, and his relation with Flavia is great too.

Kellam is an all time favorite, because I can easily relate to him. Stahl is an all around cool dude.

Some are less good than others but I generally like them...

Edit : And obviously, Anna is awesome.

Edited by TendaSlime

Oh yes, this game has one of my favorite casts of characters ever. For the most part. There's only one character I truly dislike and that's Sumia. Of the playable characters of course. If we're talking anyone in the game, I also dislike Excellus. >_>

Anyway, my top favorite people in this game are Frederick, Stahl, Gaius, Cordelia, Virion, and I've a feeling I'll be adding Inigo to that list. I also like Severa's design, but I haven't recruited her yet, so I'm not sure if I truly like her a lot yet.

Frederick is my top top favorite! I friggin love him so much. And of course, he, the female Avatar, and male Morgan are my OTF. There's just nothing I don't love about Freddy Bear! I love his design and I find him very sexy and hot. And I totaly love his character. The only thing he really turned me off with was making posters that pictured Chrom naked. Hilarious, but kinda disturbing...xP

I'm not sure why I dig Stahl, but I do find him cute and I've always liked the green knights for some reason. I loved Sain, I thought Kyle was so cool, Oscar is win. Now I love Stahl too! Can't say the same for the red knights though. The only one of them I love so far is Kieran. xP Though Sully's kinda badass.

Gaius is just hilariously awesome. Candy-loving thief with all awesome critical lines and funny nicknames for people. I was never a big fan of any playable thieves until him. I did like Leila from FE7, but she wasn't playable. Gaius just rocks.

Cordelia, I like her talents and her loyalty. I can relate a lot to her too. She works hard, yet she deals with unrequited love and loneliness. I feel so bad for her, even though I really like Chrom with Olivia. Still, if Cordelia was able to marry him, I'd go for that pair in my next playthrough out of kindness. Also, her and Stahl = win pairing. I love their harp duet! Cordelia is seriously me with red hair and a pegasus though. I have so much in common with her. Multi-talented, very lonely and in love with a man she can't have (I always seem to fall for men that are taken), and heck, she plays a musical instrument, which I do as well (but not a harp). I feel she gets a lot of undeserved hate too. much like myself as well...

Virion is so lolzy. He reminds me of Sain, only he's more of a fancy-pants version and has an awesome French accent. I've always liked a lot of things France-related. lol Also some of his battle lines. lol

Inigo also reminds me of Sain, but even more so than Virion. Inigo is right that he's very attractive too! I mean, I think he looks just like Chrom and I find Chrom hot as well. Inigo could probably learn a thing or two from Sain about being charming though. I find Sain to be a little more so than him.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about Lon'qu! I find him really awesome too. He's like a male version of Florina, only WAY better (because I found Florina kind of boring). I like his design and his deeeeep voice and his badass battle lines.

Edited by Anacybele

I think they could've given certain characters more dimension, or have their supports be a bit more varied so they don't have the problem of "learn something in A support, repeat same issue in another C" but I've liked characters for less characterisation (Hello FE4) so w/e~

Anyway like any other FE really there are characters that get on my nerves and characters I'm neutral about and characters I like or love

But getting on my nerves isn't even necessarily a bad thing at least it means said character is memorable enough to make an impression so :B

Also Harvest Scramble DLC is A+

Better dialogue quality overall and pretty hilarious also all the slash yessss

Edited by Thor Odinson

Is Cherche more developed in scramble DLC? I like her personality but not her supports as much. She just became this surprise mom for the army out of the blue and I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

I think most characters in this game (besides Excellus so far) are interesting and well done although I dislike some (Cordelia, Henry, Basilio, Anna and Say'ri are my favorites).

Might be just me but some characters annoy me - I dislike the andro/gynophobia characters like Lon'qu (same for Florina in FE7), Lissa's pranks are sometimes too much, Sully... while I think the characters are well done, I don't find everyone lovable.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from the characters, but I'm loving them so far. I'm on my third playthrough and I'm doing some random pairings, and the supports are great. Like StahlxLissa, which I didn't even expect to care about, but it turns out they're ridiculously cute together.

Though for some reason, most of the Avatar supports seem to be pretty lacking... maybe I haven't found the right ones yet? But like, most characters seem a lot more likeable when they're supporting anyone other than the Avatar. I mean, I get that the Avatar needs to have an average personality since they're essentially a player self-insert, but that kind of ruins his/her interactions with the rest of the cast. Or maybe that's just me...

The children are pretty amazing too. InigoxOwain is just way too good; I was laughing the whole way through. Same with InigoxGerome (OTP). And InigoxSevera. Hell, InigoxAnyone.

Outside of supports, Flavia and Basilio are great, and Anna has the best battle quotes.