Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

galeforce blah blah blah

She makes a pretty good Dark Flier, but you'll need to get through to level 10 staffbot, followed by ten levels of physical damage (the other upside to this route is that she gets Speed + 2). Her Speed growth is the same as Ricken's, and she's not winning any foot races with her bases, either. She'll be frail short of stuffing her full of defensive items.

6/10 (+1 bias for giving Brady a pretty good class set)

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maribelle AKA The Multipurpose trash can

Saldy this is HM and we don't need a Trash Can in Hard Mode

Cool healer, has mounts, replace Lissa, has small opportunity early game to build support with Ricken for some Magi for Staff and whatnot, and last but not least, replaced by Libra, just like Lissa, although having mounts means she have some niche to keep her going on. Demoiselle is pretty cool I guess. In general, this game is not kind for a healer unless your name is Libra and Anna.

Reclass wise, shes pretty awkward because.... Cleric is lol, PK is a physical class before promotion

And Maribelle is still a trash can

5/10

Edited by JSND

Maribelle, everyone's favorite (or not so favorite) Ojou.

Pros:

- Mounted Healer.

- Can become one of the few good Dark Fliers.

- High Resistance makes her an ideal mage-killer when promoted.

Cons:

- Comes later in the game with a bad level with low bases.

- Outclassed by Libra and Anna.

- Very fragile.

Maribelle being a better healer than Lissa is debatable, as she has higher movement but cannot get Healtouch. Her low speed, defense and HP means she needs protection from pretty much any physical attack, but she becomes a good fighter when promoted, particularly against magic users. Leveling her up is kind of a pain though.

5/10 + 1 bias for being entertaining = 6/10. Being able to use staves makes her at least a helpful unit to have around.

Staves suck in Hard Mode except for Rescue. She joins along with Ricken in Chapter 5 and instantly can't do combat. It hurts her exp. At least she can use Mend, which only requires 4 uses to get a level. Her support bonuses are pretty awesome. Providing mag spd and res to her partner. A promotion to valkyrie, 10 spd and A support with someone will give them 5 spd, for example. It's too bad healers suck at pairing up due to no dual strikes ;/. If you can train her to Valkyrie though, she makes a nice pairup bot. She has the pegasus knight class tree, but her 4 str or so is not exactly easy to train. Dark Flier is very unlikely (like 0.0000000% chance) in efficiency ;/.

3.5/10 worse than most of the cast imo except for Lissa Virion and Donnel.

Underrated. It's easy for her to gain levels with the Rescue staff; with a promotion and the right levels she can be better than Libra. If I ever did another LTC run I would use her. She can get a mount too.

5/10

BRADY'S MOM

galeforce blah blah blah

She makes a pretty good Dark Flier, but you'll need to get through to level 10 staffbot, followed by ten levels of physical damage (the other upside to this route is that she gets Speed + 2). Her Speed growth is the same as Ricken's, and she's not winning any foot races with her bases, either. She'll be frail short of stuffing her full of defensive items.

Using this as my rating because Clipsey's right on the money.

Unfortunately, though, the second seal is highly contested, but still, it's not like you're getting Brady as soon as his paralogue shows up. You have time.

Maribelle is basically Lissa on a mount who comes several chapters later. Mounted rescue bots are useful. She can potentially go to Valkyrie then Dark Flyer because of great exp gain from rescues.

4.75/10

Maribelle

+ Pony (and later, possible Pega-Pony! ...oh, sorry Cynthia)

+ Good class options

+ Good magic and resistance

- Bad speed and defense

- Quite a bit underleveled when she comes, and staff lock doesn't help much unless you have a bunch of Rescues

6/10, has her uses and makes a good staff/rally unit after a few reclasses. Bias to 6.5/10.

Maribelle is solid. Healing might be nerfed, but it's still good if you're not speeding through the game. And being a mounted healer is always nice unless your stats are terrible. Maribelle is a bit underleveled with unimpressive bases, but she gets the job done.

6.5/10

galeforce blah blah blah

Yeah, I'm gonna steal this too (bias included)

Also it's Maribelle, not "Mariebelle"

Edited by Essbee

Changed my mind after starting to do a draft where I have her. She's saved turns due to my team thanks to early rescue ;/ and she's leveling surprisingly well. I'm going to give her 5/10.

Oh man, Maribelle. From the second you see Maribelle, you know you're looking at a grade-A badass. She's so badass in fact, that she makes it known by getting captured like 3 chapters into the game. Since my own style of play is to turtle like all hell and boss abuse, Maribelle's initial staff only class doesn't matter to me. She practically can heal people (what do you expect from a grade a badass). Her durability is practically nonexistant, but loltonics and pairups and whatever it is these days that makes stats irrelevant. Basically, she's one of the best galeforcers in the galeforce.

5/10 +1 bias for being one of the most depthful, complex, and realistic characters in any Fe game ever, 6/10

Oh man, Maribelle. From the second you see Maribelle, you know you're looking at a grade-A badass. She's so badass in fact, that she makes it known by getting captured like 3 chapters into the game. Since my own style of play is to turtle like all hell and boss abuse, Maribelle's initial staff only class doesn't matter to me. She practically can heal people (what do you expect from a grade a badass). Her durability is practically nonexistant, but loltonics and pairups and whatever it is these days that makes stats irrelevant. Basically, she's one of the best galeforcers in the galeforce.

5/10 +1 bias for being one of the most depthful, complex, and realistic characters in any Fe game ever, 6/10

I wonder when you're actually gonna do a serious character review besides this copypasta stuff. It was cute in the beginning and now it's just *UGH*.

...Since that's off my chest now, onto an actual RTU.

Pros:

+Mounted Healer

+Comes with a mend

+Great magical tanking capabilities

+Brady's mom

+Good class set

Cons:

-Joins at level 3

-Pitiful HP growths

-Outclassed by Libra and Anna (especially Anna once she nabs Acrobat)

-Really low growths until she reclasses out of Trobadour

-Lissa can even outclass her if she's leveled properly by then

Overall: 5.5/10

Maribelle is definitely an above-average unit because of Rescue. Pair Ups and Tonics are useful for fixing her low Rescue range. With a Master Seal, she'll gain more Mag and Mov, as well as tomes, though this may not be practical depending on how quickly you play. 6/10 unbiased, 7/10 with bias since she has hilarious support conversations.

I was less then impressed with Maribelle, but I thought she was a decent enough unit.

Having staff utility is not as good as previous games, but still nice and a pony is nice as well. Having those two combined is awesome, but Maribelle does have her flaws. Her bases are just horrible, being similar to Lissa who joined much earlier. Now healers are less dependent on stats, but it still stings, especially since her growths are a little bit meh is well. Her second problem is that this game decided to trow 2 extremely good prepromotes with staff utility in your face just a few chapters after she joins.

She has the benefit of a pony, but I don't think that is enough to make up for the statistical and combat loses that she has on her competition. Still she's a healer who gets the job done and she's a good support bot as well when she promotes.

6.5/10 with an extra bias point since I like her personality, much to my surprise.

Soooo a 7.5/10

Edited by Sasori

She's a little better than Lissa, but comes several chapters later, and this is hard mode so healing is barely even a necessity. While other characters are actually being useful, Maribelle is dicking around with Rescue to grind up (semi expensive staffs, that she can't really use all too well offensively because she's OHKOed by much pretty anything). There are better healers who can actually pull their weight in combat.

3/10

Maribelle is pretty much just Lissa on a horse, with very little differences between the two. Therefore, I can just basically say that she's the average healer who joins the game early... on a horse.

Unfortunately, Lissa joins earlier, meaning she can get a lot more levels in before Maribelle joins. Still, she's a galeforcer like Lissa and is just as good a healer. Her mount can be both good and bad, depending on the terrain.

5/10

Also is it bad that I'm still liking Reggie's reviews

Maribelle

+ Horse

+ Access to Pegasus Knight and Dark Knight

+ Incredible magic growth, and speed growth is acceptable

+ Nice class set for min maxing.

- Bases are sucktastic

- Only having staves to start is kinda balls

+ 1 character bias

5 + 1 = 6/10

she has terrible bases (like, its almost a good thing she's not a combat unit) and her growths really aren't spectacular either, but having a horse is always a good thing.

3.5/10

4.5/10.

Maribelle suffers some of the issues that Lissa also suffers, being a healer and limited use of Pair Up. Her mount is quite handy for transportation or just closing the gap in a couple maps. Her stats are pretty average, but her durability never improves.

Just kinda like Lissa with a horse, joining a little later but slightly better in the long run.

Maribelle has mounted Rescue staves, which would be nice if she had more durability than a piece of tissue paper (or lvl 3 Miriel, for that matter) and had more than 5 base magic to work with. She provides another staff user, which has its merits, I suppose, but she doesn't contribute all that much.

She can promote to War Cleric(lol) or Valkyrie for actual combat ability. She doesn't get to use this combat ability much, however, since she will start with E tomes and not have that much more durability than at base due to that 15% def growth and 65% HP growth. She could reclass into Pegasus Knight so that her low strength will be even more apparent or into Mage so she can have the same problems with Valkyrie but without staves and a horse. Falcoknight and Dark Flier are quite decent options for reclassing after promotion because they actually use her decent to good magic stat, though her durability will still be crap

4/10, a mounted lissa that shows up like 5/6 chapters after she does

Edited by The Batter

I wonder when you're actually gonna do a serious character review besides this copypasta stuff. It was cute in the beginning and now it's just *UGH*.

I'd say it's pretty serious. It goes through what they can do, their weaknesses, a bad stat, and gives a different rating for each one.

Maribelle has some utility in the early game, but I don't think she cuts it as a long-term unit. Bad stats all around and durability that never improves, alongside the inability to use Pair Up effectively, OR fight for a long time in a game where offense is king puts her pretty low on a scale of titans. Not even Rescue can save her.

3/10

As a side note, I did manage to make her work a couple of times in flight classes, but it required a lot of favoritism on my part, so I don't really think it's practical. Mage seems interesting, though she'll undoubtedly be overshadowed in that aspect. Never bothered with War Cleric.