Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

Brings a Javelin to the team 10/10

Kinda lame start considering his Speed and Move, but Great Knight fixes both of those problems and gives him solid promo gains as well (8 HP/3 Defense means he never has durability problems, 3 Str and 3 Spe are a big improvement on his offense and +3 move is amazing as expected). He has no trouble getting a Master Seal from the Ch.12 shop in time (My last Kellam was Lv.13 by then). From this point on, he's basically a better Frederick statwise, since I find Fred really tough to level without sacrificing the EXP of his partner, so he's usually around Lv.7 by here and Kellam is comparable or better in all the important stats.

4.5 + 1 bias for cool character = 5.5/10

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kellam...some of his quotes are the saddest ones I think I've ever seen D:

I'd rate him a 5/10 in gameplay. His resistance and movement...*sigh* oh well. He still does alright otherwise, pairing up and holding the line with his defense. I didn't use him much later as the game progressed.

Kellam... who's he again..? 0/10

Not one of my favorite units, but he's got interesting classes. He gets Luna (one of my favorite skills ever) and benefits from going into assassin for pass dat speed. He's a tanky tank who gets Pavise and Dual Guard+ and has pretty good strength due to being part of the strongest class (General str caps ftw) all in all, I'd give him a 6/10.

His English voice annoys me to no end. . .ahem. . .

He'll give some much-needed Defense to someone squishy, and if he's on someone with good movement, they can deposit him into the middle of the fray. On his own, he's in a ton of trouble - 4 move, 5 Speed, and a growth worse than Stahl's is not promising. I think his class set is amusing - the Thief line helps to counter some of the Great Knight's movement issues, and Renewal ensures that he won't die short of an Armorslayer crit. Speaking of, his Luck is terrible, which is kind of a waste of Miracle.

+1 bias because having a Great Knight run over forests is funny.

5.5/10

Day 12 is Lon'gu.

Pros:

Great double bot

Huge speed

Comes with a killer edge

Okay farther

Cons

Low strength

Poor class set

All in all mediocre 5/10

Lon'qu is an okay unit. His speed and skill are great asset when paired up, and he is one of the most often to do critical hit as partner. Although he landed critical very often, his low strenght mean that he depend on his skill to kill a unit. Coupled with some high defense or resistance unit, he could slay pretty much everyone with his killing edge. But all in all, he is average.

7/10

His gimmicky trait possibly one of the most interesting in the game, as it managed to generate many interesting and relevant information of his character. That net +1 from me.
8/10

Lon'qu

Pros

- Skill and Speed modifiers = good dad

- Doubles awesomely

- Great pair-up

- Thief access for +1 move is cool beans

- Killing Edge woo~

Cons

- Strength? WHAT'S THAT (especially with swords initially). Really shows in late game, especially with lack of 1-2 range unless he goes Wyvern, which isn't exactly the best class unfortunately.

- Growths like Sumia, but no flight awesomeness

His very mediocre strength kinda sets him as pair-up goodness. He's a wonderful pair-up partner, but turns out only as an okay unit. 6.5/10. No bias.

One of the best units in the game

Speedy as hell

Has the Myrmidon class and an early Killing Edge to secure kills

Super mega-avoid

Amazing speed bonuses when being the supporting unit.

Cons:

Average defenses

Might not one-round early on without Vaike.

I give him an 8.5/10 with a bias point added it would be 9.5/10.

Lon'qu

Pros

- Skill and Speed modifiers = good dad

- Doubles awesomely

- Great pair-up

- Thief access for +1 move is cool beans

- Killing Edge woo~

Cons

- Strength? WHAT'S THAT (especially with swords initially). Really shows in late game, especially with lack of 1-2 range unless he goes Wyvern, which isn't exactly the best class unfortunately.

- Growths like Sumia, but no flight awesomeness

His very mediocre strength kinda sets him as pair-up goodness. He's a wonderful pair-up partner, but turns out only as an okay unit. 6.5/10. No bias.

This.

Lon'Qu

Basicaly Pair Up Fodder/10 for spd. Assassin is pretty cool stuff

And he can be build up rather easilly for level 10 earlygame

Has Wyvern which is pretty cool too.

C Sword Rank is pretty rad

As a sidenote Hes also overall the worst father in the game outside of Virion and thats saying something, but thankfully this is not about that sort of stuff

6/10

Edited by JSND

Longu doesn't exist, 0/10

Lon'qu is an okay unit. His speed and skill are great asset when paired up, and he is one of the most often to do critical hit as partner. Although he landed critical very often, his low strenght mean that he depend on his skill to kill a unit. Coupled with some high defense or resistance unit, he could slay pretty much everyone with his killing edge. But all in all, he is average.

7/10

copying this because effort, what's that

Oh man, Lonqu. From the second you see Lonqu, you know you're looking at a grade-A badass. He's so badass in fact, that he intentionally loses the fight to Lucina to let her fight her daddy. Since my own style of play is to turtle like all hell and boss abuse, Lonqu's initial lack of 2range doesn't matter to me. He practically doubles forever and killing edges stuff (what do you expect from a grade a badass). Str/def is a minor issue, but loltonics and pairups and whatever it is these days that makes stats irrelevant. Basically, he's one of the best characters in the game.

7/10 +1 bias for being one of the most depthful, complex, and realistic characters in any Fe game ever, 8/10

Edited by Constable Reggie

Lon'qu is pretty damn qu-ool.

sorry

He brings a Killing Edge when he comes to the team, and by the time it's broken he'll have the power to do without it. He has just enough strength to deal heavy damage in a pair up, and once he's a swordsmaster he'll become a wrecking ball with Astra.

His reclass options are... good, I'd say. I just mainly liked Wyvern Rider for the boost of strength, although I think Myrmidon suits him more

8/10

9/10 with bias because I love his character, supports and backstory.

Lon to the qu

Pros:

+Dat Speed, if he's not doubling something, you need to put down the game and rethink your life.

+Myrmidon

+Comes with a Killing Edge. By the time it breaks you should've already found another. And by the time THAT one breaks you should be able to buy more

+Wyvern Rider mitigates his shaky strength growths. Shouldn't stay in that class forever though

+Travis Willingham

+Great father to his children in terms of stats, and TFP/FoD

Cons:

-Abysmal strength at the beginning, doesn't seem to like gaining it as a Myrmidon

-Mediocre defenses

-Thief class seems kind of redundant

-Can easily be replaced by Say'ri if he isn't getting enough use

Overall: 8.5/10

7/10 +1 bias for being one of the most depthful, complex, and realistic characters in any Fe game ever, 8/10

I really hope that wasn't sarcastic. I though Lon'qu was a pretty damn interesting character.

Anyway. Lon'qu's pretty great. His base STR might be a tad low, but he does start off with a killing edge (though you might want to save it, but killer weapons are everywhere). He also likes STR tonics, too. And pairing him up with Vaike in his joining chapter helps him kill things easier without the need for the killing edge. And I'd say a 55% STR growth is pretty damn reliable.

As a supporter, the SPD he gives is well appreciated. As for pairings, Nowi, Cherche, Tharja, etc. really enjoy that boost in SPD, and he and Vaike become the best Bash Brothers in the game. His class set has wyvern rider, which is nice, but I think keeping him as a myrmidon/swordmaster/assassin is good enough for him.

Good foot unit and awesome in Pair Ups, but unfortunately, his durability is left to be desired (tonics help, though) and he might have a tough time getting EXP in later chapters due to sand.

6.2/10, +.5 bias for being one of my favorite characters in the game, 6.7/10

Edited by Zeem

Forget Donnel, Lon'qu is the most overrated character in this game IMO. The way people talk about him you'd think that Killing Edge is glued to his hands and is unbreakable.

Lon'qu has a very crappy start. Sword-locked, 5 move, and low strength and defense hold him back a lot. Since he's a guy, finding a support partner that can fix his strength and defense is tricky. In exchange, he has great speed and a decent sword rank, but the rest of your army will be catching up very soon.

Once he reaches level 10, he has a chance to reclass to Wyvern Rider. That can fix quite a few of his problems in exchange for his sword rank. Most people prefer Swordmaster!Lon'qu, but that disappointed me enough that I think Wyvern Rider is his best path forward. Thief is yet another option if you want him to pick up some neat skills and retain his sword rank.

Overall he's decent, but he really isn't anything special.

6/10

Forget Donnel, Lon'qu is the most overrated character in this game IMO. The way people talk about him you'd think that Killing Edge is glued to his hands and is unbreakable.

uh....who the hell does this?

I can dig up a ton of "Donnel is the best unit in the main game" posts from people in other forums though

only Teach's axe is glued to his hands

Edited by shadykid

uh....who the hell does this?

I can dig up a ton of "Donnel is the best unit in the main game" posts from people in other forums though

That stupid iron pot already make him the worst unit avaible.

I wouldn't use him if it not for his pegasus knight gene

What happened to Donnel?

Anyway, Lon'qu:

Joins after Chapter 4. He has a C in sword rank which is pretty cool, since it lets him use the Killer Edge he brings. His base spd is really cool. He's a bit good in Chapter 5 with his Killing Edge vs the axe enemies. This doesn't hold true for the rest of the game though. He has str/def issues and lacks 1-2 range throughout all of Valm. He also sucks vs Generals, like forever as a Swordmaster. Being a foot unit with no 1-2 range until Yen'fay drops the Amatsu makes him mediocre in my book. He has the option of going Wyvern, but his low hp and def make him a pretty terrible wyvern. On top of that, he loses his sword rank. He's ok for a few chapters, but falls off during Lanceland and will never 1-2 range before Yen'fay unless he sacrifices his sword rank.

6/10 -1 bias because he's overrated and his voice is way too deep 5/10

he has good offence for a little while, but gets eaten alive in lanceland. Best used as a speedbot, since his lack of 1-2 range (and as a result, durability) makes him a sad panda.

5+1 bias 6/10

Lon'qu is pretty cool. Has great speed and skill and decent strength but he suffers from bad defense. However his Wyvern reclass can help with this as you can get both lance breaker and sword breaker which really helps him if you intend to make his final class be Sword Master or Assasin.

8/10.

Edited by Zelos

Hmm. Lon'qu is rather average. Personality wise, I dislike him. He's just rude.

Good speed and skill, but the rest of his stats are shaky, and he runs the risk of being - what a surprise - a glass canon.

He gets points in by book for having the highest Spd modifier for a unit that can father a child besides Morgan, and his Wyvern Rider class set is solid enough with access to Deliverer, but his Thief option is rather redundant.

Overall: 6/10

Lon'qu is a standard myrmidon who does standard myrmidon things. Stab things, dodge sometimes, deal pretty low damage outside of crits. He's notable when he joins because he is one of only a few characters who can double on his own from recruitment. Why is everyone in Awakening so danged slow?

Most myrmidons are deserving of a 6 or lower. The fact that they have to be up close all of the time and can die so easily is an inherent flaw in their class trait, as is their utter lack of damage. What I like about Lon'qu, though, is that he can actually become a well-rounded fighter over time, and he comes early enough to get the gas he needs to perform from the time he joins up until the end of the game. His battle quotes are pretty good too, for what it's worth.

6/10

I wanted to give him another half point, but considering what little use I have for him in my own runs, I think this is already being generous.

Lon'qu

+ Nice reclass

+ Amazing skill and speed

+ Killing Edge is always welcome

- Low strength catches up with him

- Low def and res, though not a huge issue because he likes to dodge

- Low HP (at least in my experience) also makes getting hit worse than it should be

6.5/10 he is always great at first but gets progressively mediocre without stat boosters and such, bias him up to 7/10 cause I'd buy him a drink

Lon'qu and Vaike synergy for lyfe.

...or until Vaike goes Hero.

WHICHEVER FIRST!

Anyways, his speed let's him double constantly and his strength can be compensated via pair ups for however long necessary.

But he's still foot locked and has 1 range unless you go wyvern rider, but then he starts with E which isn't good for the main game.

7.5/10

No bias

Edited by Esaka