Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

Only unit that's worse than the Female Avatar. Cuts a ridiculous amount of turns when the Avatar can't use Javelins because her lance rank is too low. Her stats can be patched up with tonics and supports. 9/10

9.4/10 for the exact reasons Chiki already said.

10/10 bias (this should be painfully obvious. She's my favorite unit to use in all of Fire Emblem.)

Edited by Sumia

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8/10

She's really good once she gets going, but it can be quite annoying to get her there. Oh and she also has a pretty decent class set.

Edited by Zelos

Oh boy...

Never been too much of a fan of her. I find her really difficult to use unless you give her Frederick, and even then I can never get her going to being a long term unit (7 defense at Lv.20/1 screw you sumia). Offense is good only with Frederick, just like: Chrom, Sully and Cordelia. Defense forever sucks even with Frederick (I swear her defense growth has to be like 10% or something). Speed is nice, but she doubles pretty much everything forever so I wouldn't say it's a big deal. Nice at the beginning with Frederick, then every time I use her (which is at least 6 times), she always falls off around Ch.11 because her defense never grows. Not to mention the Valm enemies are much more bulkier than the offensive scrubs and even with Fred, she's lucky if she's 2RKOing. Dark Flier helps but I never get good results with her magic so it sucks too.

Postgame, class set is kinda neat. Great Knight is kinda pro for Luna and Dual Guard+, Tomefaire makes Celica's Gale awesome as a Dark Flier, and obviously there is Galefart. Oh, and her support group sucks forever.

Character sucks. She's too much of a ditz for my liking.

5 - 1 bias = 4/10

inb4 hate

Edit: Took off a point for terrible supporting options and the lack of diversity

Edited by Dinfinitysymbolfina

Good doubling and availability, flight and Galeforce access, but crappy Defense, middling Strength, and a limited support pool. I often find it difficult to put her in range of multiple enemies.

8/10

Piggybacking off this post.

Sumia gets an 8/10 from me

Edited by PK Gaming

Sumia is great. She ORKO's every enemy (besides armors) in her starting with just a The Vaike pair up. Pairing up with Fredrick makes her pretty OP a her Exp gain is great because of all the killing she can do.

9.25/10

10/10 - Bias cause she IS a cute little pegasus girl.

Sumia, the tripping wonder!

Pros:

Flying things!

Speedy.

There pretty early on.

Galeforce access. :P:

Cons:

Strength...oiii....

Limited support pool.

Really fragile.

Start. It be shaky.

Sumia is a good unit but has a pretty shaky start. She can get one-shotted in her joining chapter. But if she grows, she'll be ok. She makes a good pair up for Chrom if you arent doing Avatar/Chrom or something. (I pair them by default when i have no real plans for Chrom pairings.) Shes got good mobility at base and access to a pretty wiggy skill. Lancefaire is also really cool if she goes that route. Sumia can also Great Knight to fix her defense later on.

Her strength is really ehhhh. Shes squishy and she cant support with a lot of people. Poo.

Sumia can make for a good Lucina for peg knight access. Shes good but has her flaws.

8/10.

One of the best units in the game. She goes great with Fred, who allows her to level up really easily due to not just the Str/Def bonuses, but also the +1 Mov bonus. As a Dark Flier, she gets Rally Movement, which can save some $$ for Rescue staves and forges. Flight is really good in general (desert levels; flying over water; etc). 10/10 without bias, and 9/10 with bias just because I cannot stand her cartooniness [sic].

Looks like I'm giving her the lowest score so far....1/10. Sorry Sumia. That's a -1 for bias, so I'd give her a 2/10 normally. Bias is for her shy klutziness, the character type of which I'm really sick of. Her pros are that she's got good mobility, great utility as flying transportation, and she turns out decent eventually if you do lots of grinding and supports with people like Frederick. But I just don't have the patience for characters with bad base stats, especially in strength/defense, without them having something else to compensate for it.

Edited by mewyeon

the post above me, I don't even...

Sumia has a flipping speed base of 11+2 at lvl 1 with a growth rate of 70% as a peg, so she will double extremely early if not immediately after joining and she will never stop. She will need the dodge from this high speed, since her defense is nothing to write home about. Same goes for her HP stat, which is as low as Miriel's and Maribelle's at base. Her str stat is a tad low, but, unlike the mages, she can pair up with kellam/sully/frederick to give her a much needed boost in str and def, and fred allows her to to ORKO guys for a bit while having good move. While she is good early because of pairing up, her low offensive growths mean that her lategame damage may be less than stellar.

Promoting into Dark Flier allows you to get Galeforce, so she can use her fantastic offense even better with a lower risk of dying and Falcoknight gives up some of that offensive power for more staff utility (lolflyingrescuestaffs) and eventually lancefaire. Her reclassing options are knight, which gives her a little better str and def at the cost of flying, something which isn't really worth it, and cleric, which sacrifices flying, among other things, for utility. In the end, she should mostly stick with flying classes until the end.

Also, she is your only flier until ch 7, though the maps don't really need them at that point of the game except for like ch 3 and 5 or something

8.5/10. Constant doubling and fantastic early/mid game with pair ups with flying

stealing this, but -0.5 bias (-1 for Sumia being lame, +0.5 for Cynthia) for an 8/10

Edited by shadykid

Pros:

Can double enemies immediately (and probably for the rest of the game)

Dark flier in main (as in, no second seals) class tree

Cavalier class tree, access to Luna and DG+

Good speed and skill growths

High movement, no terrain hindrance

Good resistance, as opposed to most early game units

Cons:

Low strength

Low defense

Bow weakness

Score: 9/10

If I remember correctly, she's the one who once posted that she kills off the female members of her cast because she doesn't like any of them or something. It was in the confessions thread, I think.

If I remember correctly, she's the one who once posted that she kills off the female members of her cast because she doesn't like any of them or something. It was in the confessions thread, I think.

XD Oh god I'd forgotten that... I'm pretty sure whoever posted that started off saying "I'm not sexist but..."

Anyway, if we counted Stahl and Fred getting 10s I don't see why Sumia getting a single 1 shouldn't also count. I went there

^you did not just go there for Frederick

There's no need to publicly call out someone for having varying opinions over...a video game character.

video games are serious business bro

before someone jumps on me for that comment, yes it's a joke

Edited by shadykid

There's no need to publicly call out someone for having varying opinions over...a video game character.

No one's calling anyone out. All I am saying is that perhaps some votes should not be considered in a RTU.

XD Oh god I'd forgotten that... I'm pretty sure whoever posted that started off saying "I'm not sexist but..."

Anyway, if we counted Stahl and Fred getting 10s I don't see why Sumia getting a single 1 shouldn't also count. I went there

Except those were actually believable. The only characters in this game that deserve a 1 are probably Donnel, Ricken and the Khans.

Guys this conversation is done next person to talk about it here will receive a warn point. You want to talk about the score we have the thread.

Guys this conversation is done next person to talk about it here will receive a warn point. You want to talk about the score we have the thread.

you're not a mod

if Flavia had her stats in the GBA games, she'd be decent

I'm cool with you trying to keep the thread in line, especially since you did make another thread for these discussions, but you shouldn't make threats you can't fulfill.

I'm cool with you trying to keep the thread in line, especially since you did make another thread for these discussions, but you shouldn't make threats you can't fulfill.

it's some sort of inthread thing, fooled me (and nearly everyone else) though

(well, as long as it's only him ignoring those ratings and not kicking people out of the thread)