Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

Not overall warns in the original rules if you are told that you have violated anti-flaming rules three times you are no longer allowed to submit scores. I couldn't think of a better phrase.

Does nobody read the rules.

From OP

Anti-flame rules:

1. You will be given three warnings throughout the entire RTU about flaming and if you exceed three all your contributions up to that point and beyond it are thrown out the window.

2. Do not insult another person based on their opinion.(1 warn per occurrence)

3. Do not derail the thread with a useless argument in which you repeatedly make the same point. This not a debate thread. (1 warn per occurrence)

4. Do not try to start a flame war. (If in the opinion of myself or a mod this occurs you will receive 2 warn points.)

The above rules will be followed strictly in an attempt to keep this civilized

Edited by Randa

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not overall warns in the original rules if you are told that you have violated anti-flaming rules three times you are no longer allowed to submit scores. I couldn't think of a better phrase.

you probably should have said "I won't count your scores" since you can't kick people out of the thread

People get the gist ill fix it though. Nobody brought this up earlier though.

well, you were the one that actually brought it up

Edited by shadykid

Oh, true. Sorry. Carry on, then.

Let's see... Sumia, Sumia, Sumia. Not my favorite flier, but you get her early making for more opportunities to level her. She's the first flier you get making her off the bat a great mobility unit. her speed is up there with the pros-- but her strength is what whiplashes her. though, to be fair, it's higher than her magic growth. she has knight giving her luna access and cleric giving her options in lancefaire or tomefaire. Overall, she's a pain to level, but she's got pretty good options when you really get her going.

7/10

If I remember correctly, she's the one who once posted that she kills off the female members of her cast because she doesn't like any of them or something. It was in the confessions thread, I think.

I should clarify that I meant that only for certain 1st gen characters (specifically Sumia, Cordelia, Miriel, and Maribelle) because I hadn't done 2nd gen yet :( Killing off all the 1st gens other than Lucina was for a playthrough challenge. If I actually killed off all of them on a normal basis, uh...I wouldn't be able to complete the game in a timely fashion.

EDIT: I forgot to vote for Miriel and Vaike! Miriel is a 5/10 without bias, 6/10 with. She actually turned out okay without grinding to a point, but I didn't use her much after I got Tharja and Henry. I added a bias point because after coming from Sacred Stones, where Lute was quite full of herself, I thought Miriel's personality somewhat refreshing. Vaike is a 6/10, I still needed to watch out for a few things with him. I'm not too sure what to think about his bias, so I'll just leave off a separate score for that.

Edited by mewyeon

Day 11 may begin.

Kellam king ninja himself.

Pros

Good bases except speed

Good growths except speed

Awesome personality

Good pair up bot

Cons

Poor class set

What is speed

Four movement at base

Kellam is a rather awesome unit. Interesting fact if you don't recruit him by turn two he will complain about you not seeing him. Either way 6/10.

Edited by Randa

Pros:

Pair Up and Rank with Stahl

Solid stats I guess

Pair Up Bot to the max

Cons:

Speed

lolmov

Indoor Fighter will never be as good as Outdoor Fighter

DAT RECLASS

Does not exist

Basically, take Frederick. Now Remove Discipline. You get him. He still does the same as Frederick and Stahl, excluding the fact that those two have Paladin which is w1n and has Discipline to play with. Still a solid Pair Up bots, and perhaps the most straightforward Pair Up bots of the units you got in the whole game. Maybe hes a good Tag Ins as both of them as well, I dunno. Kellam is still going to go against TrollValks in the same way that Frederick does, and unlike Stahl, he did not have mounts to kinda justify his slow speed, so yeah

The sad thing about this is the fact that even Sumia make a better Knight than him

On the other hand, 11 Speed as a Thief, assuming base stats is pretty nice I guess

Even in the world of min maxing, he is stuck as "Oh he got Jackpot from Pavise, but hes not Frederick" which is pretty sad

2/10

-1 bias because his characterization gimmick is annoying for 3/10

Edited by JSND

Durability is the most important thing to have in this game so naturally Kellam's great... except not.

Terrible resistance is okay when you consider just how much of the cast shares it with him... still not something we want though.

45% speed growth is deceivingly high, at least for me who typically enjoys him sitting at 11-12 speed when he gets Pavise... between a pretty bad growth and the worst speed base in the game chances of him ever doubling in the Knight tree are practically non-existent.

Reclasses are pretty lame; Thief makes his strength and defense tank and he's still not doubling a lot of the time. Cleric is pretty lol but gives his kids Sage.

3.79/10

5/10.

Kellam has a lot of defense and a good support with Stahl. His movement problem isn't much of an issue thanks to the Pair Up system. Unfortunately, he has very low speed and will probably never get to doubling. Later on, his high defense will be nulled because of how much he'll be getting doubled. Kellam's class set is also very weird and doesn't really help him that much. Pretty much, he's reduced to being an alright Pair Up partner for his defense bonus, but there are better long term units to use.

^ Oh, you used ninja font! That clever.

Kellam is a fantastic pair-up bot for our squishy units. He is like 28HKOed by the enemies in his starting map and he 2HKOs them in return. If no one cared about turncounts he would be a 10.

6/10

7/10 - Bias because as much as his whole "no one notices me!" thing is rammed into my head, its fucking true. I totally forgot all about him and thought Donnel would be today.

Kellam. Poor Kellam...

He has 4 move and poor speed base, thankfully, spd is easily fixed in this game. However, move is a pretty big thing and him having none of it makes him a pain to train. His bases are solid otherwise and he gets tinked in Ch3 and Paralogue 1 with the right supports. He's also Stahl's best buddy until Cordelia joins so that's something. His pairup boosts are impressive and investing in him can be worth it thanks to Great Knight. Problem is that he will just be an inferior Frederick even as a GK. It does fix his move problem though. But lack of discipline is disappointing.

3/10

Kellyyyyyy <3

Pros

12 + 2 Defence DO WANT

Strenght!!

He's gonna hold all the chockepoints like a bro for a long time.

Axes after promotion

GOOD RESISTANCE GROWTH. Check'em: only the pegs and magic users beat him in that regard.

Essential class set which SUITS HIM PERFECTLY.

Ok, lemme explain. He's a knight, he has good Defence, Strenght and Skill, lacks under Speed. Thief has good Speed and Skill, and somewhat good Strenght, lacks in Defence. Noticed anything? He doesn't need a big class set with lolHero or lolSorceror to be great, he has got just two classes, but those fix any flaws he can possibly have, maybe just a little help for Resistance. He can catch Luna and *gasp* mobility too as a GK, what else do you want? He's just great until you can reclass at will, after that he can only improve.

Cons

Bases hurt him a little in Speed and Resistance until he can reclass.

Low mobility (another thing: a lot of maps are indoors, or small, or made of corridors. Genealogy this ain't, mobility is not required)

Proably the best armor knight in the series along with Oswin and FE10 Gatrie. Simply a stronghold who HURTS.

8.5/10, 9/10 with Bias because HE FREAKIN' GOT SO MUCH RESISTANCE IN MY SAVE FILE THAT HE'S ON PAR WITH FREAKIN' SUMIA.

Kellam. Poor Kellam...

He has 4 move and poor speed base, thankfully, spd is easily fixed in this game. However, move is a pretty big thing and him having none of it makes him a pain to train. His bases are solid otherwise and he gets tinked in Ch3 and Paralogue 1 with the right supports. He's also Stahl's best buddy until Cordelia joins so that's something. His pairup boosts are impressive and investing in him can be worth it thanks to Great Knight. Problem is that he will just be an inferior Frederick even as a GK. It does fix his move problem though. But lack of discipline is disappointing.

3/10

This.

4 move and 5 speed make me cry. His other bases aren't bad, but honestly I never find myself needing to cart him around for his defenses. He's not completely terrible though.

4/10

Err.....who? Oh right, Kellam.

Kellam is rather invisible unit, only appeared when he is needed. For me, most of the part I need him is in early part of the game where I need tank beisde Frederick. His speed of course, as expected from armored knight, is not specatacular. But his lack of speed become problematic because his other reclass unit, thief, needs it. You'll probably use him in earlier part of the game when you need his big defense pair up bonus, but in long run, he'll got better in his habit of getting unnoticed. Although if you grind him, reclass to other unit, he'll make an interesting unit.

5/10

His gimmicky trait is not annoying, at least for me. Its rather funny actually, to see each character reaction in his initial support conversation when they noticed him. That's +1 for me.

6/10

Edited by Shengar

Kellam is a very solid unit. His bases make him a great unit in his recruitment chapter, especially in Lunatic, and he grows surprisingly well in all areas besides Mag and Res. I was frankly very impressed with Kellam, as I've used him in two files now (the first one I, *ahem* dropped him because I forgot about him).

His reclassing options are somewhat strange, but he has Miracle and Renewal access nonetheless, and both classes can help level his Res weakness, and Thief can help further improve his speed, though he usually does well in getting in anyway. His speed modifier, though, is atrocious.

His early game is strong, but he, like most units, needs some leveling to make sure he doesn't drop from mages/being doubled in the late game.

Overall, a very good unit. 7/10

Oh man, Kellam. From the second you see Kellam, you know you're looking at a grade-A badass. He's so badass in fact, that the rest of your crummy team doesn't want to acknowledge him due to spite. Since my own style of play is to turtle like all hell and boss abuse, Kellam's movement doesn't matter to me. He's practically invincible and hits super hard (what do you expect from a grade a badass). Speed is a minor issue, but loltonics and pairups and whatever it is these days that makes stats irrelevant. Basically, he's one of the best characters in the game.

5/10 +1 bias for being one of the most depthful, complex, and realistic characters in any Fe game ever, 6/10

Edited by Constable Reggie

Inui lied to me about Thief!Kellam :(.

He kinda sucks. Class is only good for Pair Up bonuses - which are pretty good for some time. He's not leveling fast and not doubling much even with a +Spd partner. It's no surprise he's the guy with the no presence shtick.

3/10

Sorry Kellam Who?

*Ahem* anyway Kellam is a decent tank that can take on any army of physical units by himself unless he happens to run into magic or some sort of armour killer. His reclass option of thief makes him also have a speedier, but strengthier-than-gaius option, although it ruins his defense, but priest sucks

Thankfully he works decently enough in any case apart from the priest one, so it's entirely your choice as to whether he should be used

Only problem is that there's not much of a call for tanking in hard mode... most of the time.

7/10

8/10 with bias because I find him hilarious and I always feel sorry for him when he asks if the Assassin class makes him stand out more

Edited by The Fush

who?

4 move and 5 speed make me cry. His other bases aren't bad, but honestly I never find myself needing to cart him around for his defenses. He's not completely terrible though.

4/10

copying this, too lazy to even apply bias points

Kellam

+ Nice defense

+ Likes pairing up with weaklings

+ Access to some good skills

- Can barely move

- Hates hitting more than once

- Res is unimpressive

5/10 average, tempted to subtract bias because his gimmick got seriously annoying and why is his unpaired ending the only semi-good one for him...but I won't ._.

he'd be a lot better if he actually supported sumia early on, although its still decent enough. The biggest issue with him for me is there's no real inscentive to use him over frederick, since he too has speed issues later on, but without the amazing earlygame to compensate. And he has the 4 movement thing until he promotes that hurts, and his reclass options, quite frankly, are among the worst in the game.

i guess he gives defence and strength early on which is pretty bro for some units but he's just kind of... forgettable.

2.5/10