RTU discussion thread

Randa

lol. Considering that I think Reggie hates me I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be the case... actually Olwen/Chiki might hate me as well not sure... and I sometimes think you hate me... I'm pretty sure me giving him a 2/10 (especially when I gave Virion lower) would get me a lot of hate.

I love everyone bro (the galeforceble states that thou shall not hate lest they are an elitist tool)

Except Donnel

Edited by Constable Reggie

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've changed my mind. Donnel deserves an 8/10 because

Incidentally, if the kids ever actually get tiered I can see Donnel!Morgan being above the Avatar. Even if Donnel is level ~5 just from dual attacks and such, Morgan is rocketing out of the gate getting a few easy levels in his joining chapter and if you make him a Cavalier instantly he'll quickly be looking at all 0s from enemies and one-rounding them with Javelins as a Paladin. I haven't tried making him a Wyvern Rider yet, but I have a feeling it will go about the same way minus his starting Weapon rank.

This

Incidentally, if the kids ever actually get tiered I can see Donnel!Morgan being above the Avatar. Even if Donnel is level ~5 just from dual attacks and such, Morgan is rocketing out of the gate getting a few easy levels in his joining chapter and if you make him a Cavalier instantly he'll quickly be looking at all 0s from enemies and one-rounding them with Javelins as a Paladin. I haven't tried making him a Wyvern Rider yet, but I have a feeling it will go about the same way minus his starting Weapon rank.

HAHA who said that?

Did the rules change? Last I checked, you couldn't rate a character based on their worth as a parent.

I'm yet to actually see that rule...

And you're yet to understand sarcasm.

Edit: I see what you meant but it's interesting to notice that that part of the rules is crossed out making me think that it's not actually in effect.

Edited by bearclaw13

I don't really see what your talking about? Ay examples.

Several people are ignoring his mid-game woes against the lance-heavy Valm. While others ignore his pretty great offense when equipped with his KE.

The way I see it most ignore the lance issue because he has wyvern rider which flips his disadvantage to an advantage.

The way I see it most ignore the lance issue because he has wyvern rider which flips his disadvantage to an advantage.

Which takes a second seal... wtv I guess people can do as they wish (although lances are technically the best Valm weapon type)

btw. I finally found someone who's arguing that Donnel is good. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66324978?page=1

Edited by bearclaw13

smash has argued that Donny is good since liek day 1. Personally Im still trying to find a way to grind him earlygame before considering him to be any better

He's good but not great. The thing is his problem at base, past reclass he's pretty much invincible.

I like how you immediately put him in high tier after the only response was "gotta go can't talk now"

Maybe because I honestly think he's high tier? I'm not tiering for an "efficient" PT. Mainly because the definition of "efficiency" seems to depend entirely on who I'm talking too.

You admitted yourself that Donnel slows down your team pre-second seal. You didn't even wait for an inquiry on that fact before moving him.

I thought about it before making the move. Donnel's power post reclass makes up for it. Slowing down isn't as big for me as it for you.

Fair enough, just thought it was iffy that you didn't wait for an explanation on the completely valid point before moving him.

Ehh. I thought it out a bit more and decided that 2-3 chapters of babying to become one of my best units was worth it with the way I was tiering. I can understand that people here tier differently and I respect it, I merely can't understand "efficiency" very well. (another thing I needed to think out recently)

Also because I don't feel like talking about Donnel until tomorrow so does anyone else think Lon'qu's votes are strange?

Also because I don't feel like talking about Donnel until tomorrow so does anyone else think Lon'qu's votes are strange?

Quite, even by (borderline) LTC standards he deserves higher than a 6/10, his speed tier is insanely high and his mega avoid can make him nigh invincible, a a support with Vaike or Panne easily substitutes for his damage flaws and once he gets Astra he can become a killing machine. It's not hard to get him to level 10 either before chapter 13, hell I generally get him to level 12-15.

Edited by Quick