RTU discussion thread

Randa

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was describing Panne's way of getting four levels.

Yes but by the time we get Panne most of our team is 1RKOing all we gain from Panne is another unit doing so. I tend to value durability very highly so I prefer several other units.

Yes but by the time we get Panne most of our team is 1RKOing all we gain from Panne is another unit doing so. I tend to value durability very highly so I prefer several other units.

Reclassed to wyvern rider, Panne has quite a bit of durability going for her (and she'll have a lot more compared to other units, too), so I don't know what you're saying.

Most of the team is 1RKOing by the time we get Panne? I don't know about you, but I can't see Vaike 1RKOing much by the time Panne is recruited.

Who do you have that's more durable than Wyvern!Panne and also ORKOs consistently? Avatar, Frederick, and Fred!Sumia? She has 33 HP/14 DEF. Is Chrom level 18? Is Stahl level 15? Vaike 17? Heck, even Fred!Sumia needs to be in the teens to match Panne's durability, and even a level 20 Avatar is only pulling an advantage defensively if you go with a +HP or +DEF Avatar. One that gets a bonus to STR/MAG/SPD is *slightly* below Panne's durability on average. Sure, 2 RES is pretty bad, but given her HP and tonics and pairups and talismans, she isn't really doing too badly compared to your other physical attackers.

Edited by Rewjeo

I gave her that to balance how dumb 4/10 is. Would normally give her 9/10 or 8.5. But I would bias her to 10/10 anyway. :P

Edited by Peekayell

Ly1dsMtJ8_zps6460d524.jpg

This is in Chapter 16 in a draft. Has double the stats of some of my other draftees. Has been my main unit, and Ive never slowed down due to her OPness.

EDIT: Oh and she has x5 the stats of my current Donnel. Gave up on him cuz hes useless.

Edited by Peekayell

It's a RTU. You're supposed to rate on how good/bad that you think the unit is. You're not supposed to over-rate or under-rate if you think other people are rateing "wrong".

So what if some people gave Panne a 3.5, 4, and some 6's. This isn't meant to be accurate on how good units actually are. It's meant to see what the general view on the characters is. Over-rating to try to make the average closer to what you think it should be defeats the purpose.
Besides, thats what the bias points are for. Between the 2 scores units get, their average score will be pretty accurate.

It does cause there are 2 averages. One with bias and one without bias. At least go back and say it's with bias.

Otherwise this will end up like the FE9 RTUs where only like 5 people rated some of the later units because everyone got sick of people taking it too seriously. Every single one of Snowy's votes were either way too high or way too low because he "hated how people over/under rate X unit."

Edited by Hawk King

Otherwise this will end up like the FE9 RTUs where only like 5 people rated some of the later units because everyone got sick of people taking it too seriously. Every single one of Snowy's votes were either way too high or way too low because he "hated how people over/under rate X unit.

Long as it doesn't end the same way FE10 did. Which was basically an explosion of hatred and illogical debate. This set will be a success

Otherwise this will end up like the FE9 RTUs where only like 5 people rated some of the later units because everyone got sick of people taking it too seriously. Every single one of Snowy's votes were either way too high or way too low because he "hated how people over/under rate X unit."

Long as it doesn't end the same way FE10 did. Which was basically an explosion of hatred and illogical debate. This set will be a success

Dang, wish I'd participated in those.

I wasn't even around for them. Though I looked at them before I started this sometimes it could be funny.