Animal Crossing: Ruler of The World(Town)

Disinnocence

So, as we all know, Animal Crossing is coming out in THREE FLIPPIN' DAYS.

So, excited as I am(I'm more excited than you), I wanted to know...
What(new)feature of the game are you most excited about?

I, personally, am most excited about instilling fear and despair in the hearts of my citizens by abusing my power as mayor.
... and wearing pants.
And hanging records on my wall, YES!

Edited by Miralizmis

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to convince myself that I don't need to play Animal Crossing anymore since I've been disappointed since Wild World, but then I saw the ability to change shoes and pants, and then there was swimming in the trailer.

TAKE MY MONEY NINTENDO

I gifted my copy of city folk, and came to the conclusion this series is just better portable. I'm hype, but I haven't looked up any features. I'm looking forward to abusing a friend's clock to rig the turnip market and get 100,000,000 bells. That said, everyone who's in on this should speak up if they've got a roaring turnip day. (Legitimately, of course. Of course!)

If there's no turnip speculating / shipping turnips to friends' towns, I will be sad.

This is a game that needs a lot of time to form an opinion but compared to Wild World it is definitely better as a portable title. Out of new stuff I've run into is the ability to create custom palettes for clothing patterns, more clothing slots like pants, customizable house exteriors, the ability to plop your house down almost anywhere in town, vetting your town's general layout before you start so you can have a town you're happy with, and there's a flea market that seems like it's open 24 hours so you always have someplace to sell items. There's shared storage which is a blessing and a curse, but at least there's a storage location that's always available to you even if you don't have shelving in your home. There are also little details like beehives not vanishing so you can pick it up and sell it, and sometimes a rock in town might break and reveal nuggets that can be sold for a large sum of bells. Blathers will also identify multiple fossils at once, blank out things you've already donated, and take bulk donations.

There is no more constellation viewing from the looks of things, but on the other hand you can don a wetsuit and swim to a tropical island instead.

Generally I think this game will be at least on par with City Folk, but will likely be better. If you are new to the series, this is probably a good place to start as it seems to offer a lot more customization than previous titles. For anyone who is familiar, things like the insanely cylindrical world return instead of flat acres from the GCN title which most people seem to regard as a con. However, even from day 1 you can see a lot of small changes that add up to a larger experience than this series has aimed for in the past. It's hard to say if it will surpass the GCN title (which was my favourite), but it looks promising.

I'm enjoying the game so far. The visuals are the best of the series and the game just feels like it has more soul than City Folk. I'm ready to start mayor...ing soon (can't do too much on the first day sady). Luckily if you talk to Issabelle enough she can get you the tools that weren't being sold at Nooklings Corner (I think that's the name) that day so I was able to start filling the museum with many fish and bugs.

Main Street looks like it'll be promising. Can't wait to start opening up shops and being able to see other peoples dream towns and display houses.

The music is great BTW. The best it has been. I'm partial to Main Streets theme. Dem violins.

Also the first piece of furniture I received was a flower pot full of Pikmin. I think I'm going to enjoy my time in Xenoburg (my town). *rests feet of desk*

Got this last night but didn't have the chance to play it. I'll probably play this while I waste time in my off days now that I'm out of school. I like watching movies, anime, etc., but I hate just sitting there and doing nothing else. This'll be a great substitute for boring ol' Solitaire.

Also, Friend Code for you fine folk that don't have it yet is 0602-6361-6843. Get the game and send me love letters plz

Redd's in my town today if someone wants to take a chance at buying a painting. I added everyone's codes in the thread thus far, so if you add me you should be able to cruise on in through the gates.

Edit: Town gate is closed for now, since I'll be out of the house.

Edited by Samias

I ended up getting pears, FC: 1907-8304-0007 if anyone wants some, and I've added everyone on the thread. Redd's in my town atm too.

Gotta collect everything all over again now. ^^;

Got the game yesterday and I'm already in love with it. Really loving all the new features, especially Re-Tail. I made like 30k on my first day because they were buying cherries at a premium, and it just so happened that like five of my friends had cherry as their native fruit...

Here's my FC: 0903-3651-6341

Looking for more friends and towns to visit, so don't be shy!

Edited by Timid Taguel

4639-8959-1952
Will add everyone in this thread. My town is peaches (which is, I believe, exactly what I had in wild world, way back. Dang.)

I'll be on during the E3 conference in the morning, but without any gear I can't actually do anything in town tonight.

For those of you who don't want to get conned by Redd, here is an excellent resource to find out if you're about to buy a fake painting/sculpture.

For a great source of general information: http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/39828209142/animal-crossing-new-leaf-guides-and-information

Edited by Samias

3695-0090-2795

Here's my friend code if anyone would like to come visit! :) I have peaches in my town! ^_^

Send me a message, that way I can open my gate. I'll try to have it open though! xD

Edited by DancingDanny

So uh fishing for shark at night makes you FILTHY RICH.

Got my loan paid off and now I'm moving onto renovations. :D

I'll be getting my second floor tommorrow. And a campsite.

Also holy crap at the amount of cool fish on the island.

I only just started on the second expansion, but I did put up a well (I dunno why XD) and a campsite! And I have access to the island now~ SOOOoooo many bugs, plus I got my wetsuit. I'm glad to see that there are actual multiplayer minigames in place.

I also set up my ordinance so shops won't close until ultra late at night. Re-Tail will be open until 2 am in my town, which is pretty much as late as I'll ever need.

I got stuck with mandatory day-gaps twice. 95% approval at 11:59 the day before my house upgraded, couldn't get it higher no matter what. Now I have another day before I can do any mayoring, too. Starting after 11 the first night I played kinda kicked my butt.

I would be farther on my house loan except I spent a day on remodeling the outside. I had two days if the teeny tiny house. Today is my first rainy day so fingers crossed on catching a coelacanth.

Edited by Samias

I would be farther on my house loan except I spent a day on remodeling the outside. I had two days if the teeny tiny house. Today is my first rainy day so fingers crossed on catching a coelacanth.

That ended up happening to me today! xD I didn't think I'd be paying off my second loan, so I went ahead and got a new door ordered. Now I have to wait a day... ^-^;

Oh man that pissed me off so much. I had gotten a ton of scratch together to cover both remodeling and expansion, and it wouldn't let me do both at the same time. NOOK I'M TRYING TO PAY YOU YOU STUPID JERK JUST DO WHAT I TELL YOU