Animal Crossing: Ruler of The World(Town)

Disinnocence

... If you haven't gone to the Island yet, go there. Everything that's rare seems to be more common there, and since the island is so small, bugs and fish spawn so much faster. Plus there are a bunch of new species and some fish and such that don't even show up in Summer that show up there. Daytime there are a lot of butterflies, and at nighttime, there are a ton of rare beetles. It took only about 15 minutes to get an inventory and a half full of valuable bugs and fish...

It's a fantastic place to go fishing/catching bugs to sell, and when you go there, free Coconuts. Also unlimited exotic fruits from the minigames you can take part in. It costs 1,000 bells to ferry there but it's more than worth it.

My 3DS Friend Code is 4296-4181-2801. You can visit my town if you want but I don't always have the gate open so PM me if you want to. I can spare some bells or fruit to help you start out if you like.

House, some time yesterday. It's a little different now.

8lGLLUE.jpg

Edited by No~

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... If you haven't gone to the Island yet, go there. Everything that's rare seems to be more common there, and since the island is so small, bugs and fish spawn so much faster. Plus there are a bunch of new species and some fish and such that don't even show up in Summer that show up there. Daytime there are a lot of butterflies, and at nighttime, there are a ton of rare beetles. It took only about 15 minutes to get an inventory and a half full of valuable bugs and fish...

A very good trick is to cut down all the trees except for two palm trees on either side of the island, then go back and forth catching only rare ones. You still have to take care of butterflies and shit but there are only like 6 insects allowed on the island at once so it's really easy to isolate what you want.

A very good trick is to cut down all the trees except for two palm trees on either side of the island, then go back and forth catching only rare ones. You still have to take care of butterflies and shit but there are only like 6 insects allowed on the island at once so it's really easy to isolate what you want.

I don't know, I kind of want to keep all the Coconut Trees. It not only gives me more to look at when I'm making my rounds on the island and I'm using the Island as more space to put my fruit trees and shit because I've kinda run out of room completely on the main island already.

I like keeping all the trees on the island too. It makes it take a little bit longer to get the most expensive beetles to respawn but you can still get some giant stags and rainbow stags on the non-palm trees, and they're worth a fair bit too, even more than the goliath beetles at least. Maybe not as much as golden stags/hercules beetles, but it's substantial. It's easy to scare away the junk (fruit beetles, wharf roaches) on the island and emperor butterflies are still worth 2000 bells, while hermit crabs and the smaller, easier to catch stuff on the fruit trees are generally worth 1000 bells or more while you wait for the haymakers to spawn.

I got a golden slingshot today using the wait-by-the-cliff-break-balloons-with-net method, even though regular slingshots aren't even for sale in my town. Hooray \o/

About fishing, if it helps, try not looking at the screen and only pressing A when you hear the fish bite instead to alleviate some of that anticipatory twitchiness. It actually helps me out a lot because I tend to be twitchier when I see Sharks or whatever in the water.

Also, I just found 3 Whale Sharks and 2 Goliath Beetles in a row on the island. Some luck I'm having.

Would have given one of the Goliaths for the Bug Catching Contest but I've already won it with an ordinary Saw Stag.

Edited by a cat

Hey everybody!

I've been a fan of animal crossing since the GameCube and new leaf is amazing.

If you want to add me my friend code is 5284-2186-3733.

I almost have all the fruit types and I don't time-travel so my town isn't developed as some other peoples.

I'm gonna start adding people and I'll be watching this topic for when people open there gates.

See y'all in New Leaf!

@Dinfinitysignfina:I looked around and its apparently 25% more then any other shop.

Also, If you bring trash like cans or tires etc.Reese will charge you for it.So watch out for that.

@Dinfinitysignfina:I looked around and its apparently 25% more then any other shop.

Also, If you bring trash like cans or tires etc.Reese will charge you for it.So watch out for that.

I think that's the only way you can dispose of it anyway. I remember not being able to just sell all of the trash to Nook when I started the game.

If you have someone suggest a trash can as a public work or have a trash can in your home you can throw things away for free. Re-tail is the only way to get rid of things otherwise.

If you have someone suggest a trash can as a public work or have a trash can in your home you can throw things away for free. Re-tail is the only way to get rid of things otherwise.

Wait, trash cans have that function in your home now? I always thought they were just uninteractive decoration... Damn. I had a couple of them.

Offtopicish:

"I've been walking all over town looking for [other villager] and I can't find her! Can you deliver this to her!"

Meanwhile she is literally right fucking there next to him and I complete the request in 10 seconds flat. I even got an awesome stereo from him for it. This game.

Edited by a cat

Yep! I have a trashcan in my home and it works. It takes you to a special screen and asks you what you want to throw away. The public work in the grand scheme of things is probably waaaayy too expensive to pay off all the trash you'd find, but the household garbage can is super cheap.

Edit:

tumblr_moit20TX5h1s8o79no1_400.jpg

Edited by Samias

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

I've raked in like 90k bells from the Island. Stockpiling up on sharks and filling up all the slots in the storage box is a great method to pay for public works, and the house.

...then there's the bell boom thingy.

Yep! I have a trashcan in my home and it works. It takes you to a special screen and asks you what you want to throw away. The public work in the grand scheme of things is probably waaaayy too expensive to pay off all the trash you'd find, but the household garbage can is super cheap.

Edit:

Oh my god, I caught one of those yesterday while it was raining. In City Folk it took me a year, an entire, real life year to catch one of those things and I get it on the second day.

Holy fish sticks indeed. My reaction to it went something like this:

"... The heck is that? Meh, whatever this I sure am excited about... ... WHAT."

Anyway, my friend code is 2895-6514-5460, and yes, I'm a compulsive Time Lord. Just look for Mayor Frances of Valencia. :D

I've got cherries, apples, lychees and durains up and I also have the Bell Boom ordinance in place.

I don't consistently have my gate up, so you may want to message me.

In slightly less related news... I am SO glad this game launched in the summertime. Starting out Animal Crossing during the winter is pretty brutal.

WELL, I got a shock in the able's store this morning. If anyone's incredibly wealthy, I have a crown in my shop today. 1,000,000 bells, of course.

Give me a heads up here if you want in.

Opening the gates now. I'll be AFK, but won't be on too long.

Closing gates at 2PM EST, hard to say when they'll be back.

Edited by Sheth

Edit:

I got one yesterday too. Yaaay, it only took 15 tires and upwards of 50 Sea Basses to find one.

LaB6YQ5.jpg

Also, my villagers want to have a ceremony to celebrate the building of a single bench.

Like, really?

So, I'm loving this game already. I already got a Master Sword from a fortune cookie and I found a Silver nugget that sold for a very nice price~

And my Friend Code is 1607-2073-3281 if anyone wants to add me. I've got peaches~ :3

I still need to get a wetsuit proper, but I'm kind of baffled you can catch spider crabs diving. Then again, fishing up whale sharks all day every day...