Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

Uh...can his xenologue really be done around the time Anna joins? I doubt that (although I don't own that DLC so idk how tough it is) that's why I'm abstaining from rating him.

I highly doubt it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh...can his xenologue really be done around the time Anna joins? I doubt that (although I don't own that DLC so idk how tough it is) that's why I'm abstaining from rating him.

Ya.

It's barely harder than Miccy's. Maybe a bit easier.

It's after Ch.9

You've got at this point:

-Frederick

-One promoted unit (two if you wait until after Ch.10 for the Master Seal)

-Two reclassed units (hai panne and avatar)

-Pair Up

not to mention DLC Marth and Micaiah

You can beat it with Frederick, DF!Sumia, Mage!Avatar and Wyv!Panne, especially once you throw Pair Up into it too. Heck, I've been able to beat it using a Lv.17 Cordelia with a Kellam partner. The map's a joke.

Anna needs at least three levels to begin matching Leif in stats. So even if she has an availability advantage over him, she's not getting her three levels till like... Ch.14.

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

I did it by the end of chapter 12 in a draft. Wasn't very difficult.

Draft setting, blah blah blah.

It's after Ch.9

You've got at this point:

-Frederick

-One promoted unit (two if you wait until after Ch.10 for the Master Seal)

-Two reclassed units (hai panne and avatar)

-Pair Up

not to mention DLC Marth and Micaiah

You can beat it with Frederick, DF!Sumia, Mage!Avatar and Wyv!Panne, especially once you throw Pair Up into it too. Heck, I've been able to beat it using a Lv.17 Cordelia with a Kellam partner. The map's a joke.

Anna needs at least three levels to begin matching Leif in stats. So even if she has an availability advantage over him, she's not getting her three levels till like... Ch.14.

Well, either way, the promoted enemies are what concern me a hell of a lot, as unless you've been promoting early, they'll be head and shoulders above you statwise at that point. (35 speed Eyvel, 48 atk (I think her atk is 48?) Altena, etc etc...) And Micaiah's map is another one that concerns me - too many enemies with enhanced crit rates, and you know full well how I feel about that.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Recruiting Leif in Chapter 12 is already unrealistic enough without grinding though. I can make Anna a godess if you can beat Eyvel in Chapter 12. I don't see even Panne being able to survive that in a normal run around Chapter 12.

Recruiting Leif in Chapter 12 is already unrealistic enough without grinding though. I can make Anna a godess if you can beat Eyvel in Chapter 12. I don't see even Panne being able to survive that in a normal run around Chapter 12.

Thank you PKL. Aside from those I named, you got Lewyn and his 30 speed, Arvis and Julius both with defenses in the mid to high 20s and 40 atk hitting Res, Seliph with 44 atk and 34 spd, and Leif himself has 32 speed. And Ares, sporting 43 atk and 29 def.

I'm not talking about LTC though. A no-grind run wouldnt be able to do that normally around Chapter 12. Remember drafts have a select few units to use and you end up favoring a single unit like Panne, Sully Sumia or Cordy and you have free paralogues to spend a few turns grinding them.

You need a nosferatank to do it in ten turns. Miciah or sorcerror MU can easily accomplish this.

Drafts are irrelevant to this for obvious reasons.

Leif, AKA the Pseudo Jeigan prison breaker who kidnapped and stripped stuff, and chloroformed a Pegasus Knight before murdering her team mates in cold blood before recruiting her.

Also well known for stealing the spotlight from Seliph in Seliph's own game before getting his own.

And proposing to his little sister literally in 37 sentence after he declared that there's just too much on his mind to be thinking about whether he love someone or not

What

A

Bro

Anyway, assuming an SS investment, Leif is unique amongst the DLC units because he become somewhat stronger after reclassing thnks to that pretty cool +15 AVO. Renewal is not that useful in hindsight but its there

And should you want to do alternative stuff, he can become a Rescue Bot fairly well

6/10

+1 bias because Leif is downright the most well developed Lord in the series

7/10

Drafts are irrelevant to this for obvious reasons.

why?

If you choose to play Awakening in a draft-style playthrough (if you assume the unit of the day is on your team), I see no reason why not.

My point still stands that Leif is a much better Anna, even if you choose to not do Leif's map immediately once you get Anna.

Let's not forget the green units, which make nice bait.

Underdog is damn useful, and in four levels, he'll give himself Lucky 7, which makes his evade even more crazy. He can come after Say'ri, and STILL have decent offense/defense. Even if Anna gets her three levels, he'll have a nice durability lead on her, and I don't think he'll surrender it.

8/10 (+1 bias included for being one of my favorite DLC characters; PKL, if this is too hard to understand, lemme know)

why?

If you choose to play Awakening in a draft-style playthrough (if you assume the unit of the day is on your team), I see no reason why not.

My point still stands that Leif is a much better Anna, even if you choose to not do Leif's map immediately once you get Anna.

because Anna will simply smite Leif with RNG screwage

why?

Because in a draft, you have a limited unit pool, and drafts tend to encourage favoritism.

Let's not forget the green units, which make nice bait.

Underdog is damn useful, and in four levels, he'll give himself Lucky 7, which makes his evade even more crazy. He can come after Say'ri, and STILL have decent offense/defense. Even if Anna gets her three levels, he'll have a nice durability lead on her, and I don't think he'll surrender it.

8/10 (+1 bias included for being one of my favorite DLC characters; PKL, if this is too hard to understand, lemme know)

If by "make nice bait" you mean " get their faces bashed in without the enemy even breaking a sweat" (particularly Katarina's group; King Marth and Hardin are the only ones who can put up anything I can even call a fight), then yeah... Also, this whole thing got started because someone argued that it wasn't unreasonable to be able to get Leif around the time you can get Anna.