Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

Is Avatar even allowed? A lot of children would get solid 9's or 8's, unless they are someone terrible like Inigo.

8/10 for Sumia/Sully!Lucina.

She gets some solid bases and is a basically a faster Chrom. The Parallel Falchion is exclusive to her, making up for the C Swords she possesses. She can be better than Chrom with some training, but the start can be rough when unpromoted past Chapter 13.

5/10 for any other Lucina.

I've tried Olivia!Lucina before(Probably worst than Maribelle and maybe Maiden) and her bases do not hold well. She really needs babying to be of any use.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sumia is blessed that one of her alvailable mothers.... I mean 3 of her alvailable mothers are, in fact the 3 of best characters in the game, and all of them has an instant S Rank that activates really quickly, as in ONE battle while being adjacent to Chrom, means you can set up that one combat, and the ignore Chrom and develop two character(Chrom and the wife) in a different spot.

Personally, I think this is what make Chrom's child a solid candidate for the best child in the game

Of course everybody goes for Olivia because she has a nice ass

I dunno about Sully(inb4PKL)

Sumia is pretty fine, she produces an Overkill SPD Lucy, with a servicable STR. Personally I liked this pairing because Lucina who inherits SPD+2 or Relief does pretty fine, while Cav > Paladin Sully gave her Discipline(IMO one of the best skill in the game) or Outdoor, both a skill that is put on arguably the best class for Lucina. Of course, the real reason to do this pairing is to become a pair pair fodder Paladin with instant C support with Cynthia, and Cynthia is amazing.

MU!Lucina is MU who have Infinite Use Silver Sword, and joined later. A choice for efficiency players because its easy to do and lol3veteranwithalvailability. However, in term of performance, I.... don;t think its all that different compared to Sumia!Lucina. In the end, she is still better off reclassing into Cavalier/Pegasus and rock that Javelin + Discipline

All in all, solid character who's flaw is late join time and early babying

7/10

Min Maxing:

Olivia wins because she has Vantage. And Inigo need Chrom because hes a a massive chump, while Cynthia give a rat ass who the hell is his father. Sumia can even give birth to Cynthia through an asexual reproduction, and she will STILL become amazing.

This is not even worth discussing anyway

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Just use personal experience

I guess

@Bearclaw: Lets compete by making the most nonsensical rating ever

BTW anyone have a sample base stats for no grind Sully!Lucina?

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

No grind means that Sully and Chrom could have variable stats.

Grind means that Sully and Chrom would have maximum stats.

OHGODTHISISCONFUSING

Not in my opinion.

It's still better than just giving her an overall score <_<

@Bearclaw: Lets compete by making the most nonsensical rating ever

Inigo; 10/10. Because dancing is gr8 even if you can't do it

Interceptor's playlog might, I can't remember if that was his pairing.

I agree with ZM, and disagree with Lucina being rated today. Like, Rule Number 1 of the opening post. PKL's decision will influence whether or not I give my two bits about Lucina.

nogrind sully!lucina is pretty much exactly the same as nogrind!Sumia (assuming 20/5) except Sumia wins by 2-3 speed and loses by one defence, they tie Strength.

yeah

You forgot to factor in GAELFORKU Galeforce and Pavise for Sumia!Lucina, and Vantage and Astra for Sully!Lucina.

Horace and I rated on how we viewed Lucina, and IMO, that's the most straightforward way of rating the kids.

Okay so going from how I view the unit and my experience with the unit, I would probably rate Lucina something ridiculous like 10/10 since I had her parents grinded to maximum before she was recruited, and therefore Lucina was capped out which is obviously not going to work for the purpose of this thread.

Rule 1 is stupid because there's really no way you can avoid getting her unlike the other kids. The game doesn't even list her among the other kids in the credits/unit gallery and lists her after Henry and before Say'ri.

Anyways, WAIFU DAY YES. All scores will factor in one point of bias into them.

Avatar!Lucina is nothing short of a second avatar, and in drafts she's easily the best unit. Veteran+Discipline on a Cavalier is incredible and she pretty much only needs one map to get going, and her bases are better than Henry's and Cherche's from my experience with her. She's more than capable of becoming a main unit and can carry your team like no one else with this join time can (like Cherche can't carry the team like she can. I guess Cordelia could though). Great start, amazing finish. One of the few units in the game who can hold a title like this.

Also obviously has an amazing postgame.

9/10

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

The reasoning behind it is that you can't avoid getting Lucina before Say'ri unlike the other kids. She's the only exception. The other kids will still be rated after every character :P

You forgot to factor in GAELFORKU Galeforce and Pavise for Sumia!Lucina, and Vantage and Astra for Sully!Lucina.

Okay so going from how I view the unit and my experience with the unit, I would probably rate Lucina something ridiculous like 10/10 since I had her parents grinded to maximum before she was recruited, and therefore Lucina was capped out which is obviously not going to work for the purpose of this thread.

someone asked for stats, and I provided them, I was ignoring skills, although yeah you're right there.

Also if you want rates for the other moms than open this spoiler.

then*

HEIL GRAMMAR

Anyways, I can't see why Olivia!Lucina keeps getting rated so low.

With Olivia as the mother, Lucina has access to QhnT4w5.png and 4Drg0bG.png, among other wicked skill combinations Rightful King throws into the mix with.

It's quite terrifying.

Edit:

Although I prefer Sumia!Lucina, for wishy-washy and solid reasons.

Edited by Ƶerker

Anyways, I can't see why Olivia!Lucina keeps getting rated so low.

With Olivia as the mother, Lucina has access to QhnT4w5.png and 4Drg0bG.png, among other wicked skill combinations Rightful King throws into the mix with.

It's quite terrifying.

I rate her based on No grind.

Although I did put a note that while min maxing, Olivia!Lucina wins

Lucina, daughter of Maribelle, has mehish bases for that point in the game but an infinite-use Silver Sword that pwns dragons. Once her starts doubling reliably she can become a glass canon, and her durability eventually picks up too. Good resistance is kinda cool if you can get a 1-2 range weapon on her.

Maribelle!Lucina: 6/10

I'll try...

Lucina, comes in Chapter 14, right when the kid paralogue start popping up at a convenient Level 10. She can get Veteran, all classes and really high bases from Avatar. Discipline, Wyvern tree and decent-ish bases with Sully (although I find Chrom Sully a terrible pairing) or Pegasus tree (meaning future Galeforks), a lot of speed and nice bases with Sumia. I find her best bet is to reclass immediately to cavalier so she can gain access to lances and a mount, her low base level will make her exp skyrocket and discipline will fix her weapon ranks in no time. She has an awesome 12 MT PRF that is effective on wyverns that can be used to get her some exp in Morgan's Paralogue. She always inherits Aether, but I find that to be too unreliable and meh. Her problem is that she joins halfway through the game and if she's not Avatar's child, she will have trouble catching up. I give her:

7/10 +1 bias because she cosplayed my favorite lord of the series 8/10

Avatar!Lucina basically becomes a second Morgan with access to Lord and Great Lord classes and skills.

Morgan has the potential to become the best unit in the game.

Therefore.

My rating for Avatar!Lucina is 10/10 without bias, as Lucina gets access to one more class tree and four more skills than Morgan does.

Edit:

This is considering postgame only, when all units have reached their maximum potential.

Edited by Ƶerker

Olivia!Lucina

Pros: Infinite Silver Sword

Great skill set

Generally above average base stats

Great Lord

Cons: Has a rough start

Average defenses

Sword locked for most of ingame

7.5/10 +1 because she has a kickass Aether+Astra combo so total is 8.5/10