Touhou NOCfia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead people can't announce (or do anything else).

Sort of busy at the moment, so give me some time to get my thoughts together in a coherent form.

didn't reread during the night because i'm lazy wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

points toward strege that i accidentally posted after the modkill still stand though

also an fyi: i'm going out soon so i don't have time for a content post right now, sooooooory~

(also: i've been lazy with my thoughts quicktopic strege because i recall you mentioning "quote some later qt posts" so yeah)

I miss Haze, too. If he was here this never would have happened.

Also, I don't trust alchemists. I do wish that person had more content but I could say that for a lot of people.

Hey dude, you were easily the most conspicuous thing, I'd say talking about someone being missing instead of lolRVS votes is kinda reasonable.

Yay, delicious waffles!

##Unvote: Fera (he's still a meanie though)

##Vote: Strege because I don't like his rolespec.

The Blitzy wagon is terrible and stupid, and Marth is bad also for voting Blitzy and then claiming a nullread on him and attacking other people for voting Blitzy. Would vote for Marth or Rapier, but Marth is getting enough pressure right now and Rapier isn't lynchable plus I wanna see what happens with him. I don't like Kevin but he has every right to be rusty.

Proto, if you can fanboy over Rena in IP Chat you can play mafia. Please say things.

Okay, so. Over my reread, I found the one content post that Kay made to be not very good. Her defence of Blitz gave no actual reasons for why Blitz is town. Hearing someone say a wagon is terrible and stupid without any reasoning given isn't going to make anyone unvote. My gut on people defending others while giving no reasoning for it is mafia wanting to defend town for cred rather than to actually stop the lynch. Her point on Marth was good, but she chose not to pursue it because Marth was already receiving enough pressure. First off, I don't really think that that's a very good reason, and second of all, even if it were a good reason, there were actually no votes on Marth at the time, so that reason makes no sense. Her blurb on Kevin also seems a simplification to the point of misrepresentation. Seems to me that Kevin was saying "It wasn't particularly scummy, just scummier than everything else, so I voted for it"

As for the vote, while I didn't really like Strege's rolespec either, Kay barely says anything about it at all.

Whoops, ##Vote: Kay

Oh, yeah, Kevin, in your Insomniac posts, you mentioned Bizz like two or three times, but Bizz isn't playing, so I'm not entirely sure who you're talking about.

nice misrep ignoring the exact section that i put with your name on it (in case you need it more explicit; I had a minor scumread on you because of your damn fixation with responding to BBM and no one else)

I thought this was just a criticism of my play, not a scumread, but in retrospect that was silly of me to make that distinction/interpretation.

oh diddums reads change over time (I townread SB in c9++ early when he was scum, so build a bridge)

The fact that you mentioned it adds to the unclear nature of the vote (i.e. "need to reread him later but i'm not liking him much right now" followed by a qualification...)

maybe i fucked up my memory of my read. but what confused me was baldrick (from what i remember right now) kept trying to find ways to make BBM look scummy because of the information point (courier or what have you)

It looks like a misrep to me but I can sort of see where you're coming from here because Baldrick did keep mentioning BBM (it's just that he was doing so mostly for other reasons).

So, yeah Manix. I see you as a bit less scummy but please comment on stuff when you get time.

Also want to say that I shouldn't have mentioned Paperblade in my last post because I didn't have a read update and I was skimming him more than anyone (because he posted a lot and I was tired). He looks more town to me now, but I still find him suspicious because his recent actions have come after my/BBM's criticisms (obviously) and because he says reads were hard to come by and then seems to have little trouble producing them under pressure. Also I used a false dichotomy talking about Bluedoom but that was mostly semantic and after reconsideration I stand by my conclusion.

I agree that SB looks kinda scummy but don't think I have anything to contribute to the conversation.

@BBM (and also @Kay): I'm still not sure exactly what your problems with my rolespec are, except that it seemed to take the place of reads (not true because rolespec is easier than scumhunting for me). I outlined my confusion in post 203 (the point form bit near the bottom) and I still don't think it's a great criticism of me.

I agree that Kay seems a bit scummy based on that, what BBM said, and also the fact that Bluedoom's attitude toward Blitz don't look that bad if you consider the first post to be RVS (she probably should have considered the possibility). Gonna ##Unvote and reread right now but it might go on Kay tbh (sheeping all the way!)

Kay needs to post before the weekend because she always disappears on weekends.

Also, no predetermined deaths is interesting. Perhaps our Roleblocker or Doctor got lucky.

This game has too many Announcers >_>

Um, first to kirsche/Kevin, I thought I wrote my opinions a few posts below the summary. I know it isn't particularly helpful or anything but I tried.

And that's sure is a lot of people that you're suspicious of, I'm kinda jealous...

Who is Bizz?

And sorry if you didn't like my summary, I'm not to fond of typing long paragraphs.

Alright. Ugh. I exist. I'm sorry about not existing yesterday. I was doing my best, but fell behind from the start and then kinda never caught up.

Right now, I'm going to be voting my second scum read from yesterday aka

##Vote:Blitz

The way he misrepped me and then claimed it was a reaction test, along with the sudden switch in opinions that Manix pointed out yesterday and then claiming it was a reaction test got me quite unhappy with him. Besides that, I see some rolespec, some jumping on SB based on Paper's case, and then calling out people for not giving their reads when there was very little of that on his own part.

I will be trying to reread and get a grip on what's going on, but I'm currently pretty lost. So... no promises.

Also, I agree with Paper that alchemists are untrustworthy and it's sad that they feel the way about me that they do. I'll try and show you why you should think otherwise today.

Also, I agree with Paper that alchemists are untrustworthy and it's sad that they feel the way about me that they do. I'll try and show you why you should think otherwise today.

I don't know what an alchemist is or who feels weirdly about you. Can anyone clarify for me?

Someone has the ability to send people potions with messages attached. He sent me (and apparently Paperblade and Scorri) a message that said he was finding Scorri scummy. Don't really see the point of keeping it hidden since if he's sending potions to people he's finding scummy, presumably he doesn't care that they learn a role of that sort exists.

Someone has the ability to send people potions with messages attached. He sent me (and apparently Paperblade and Scorri) a message that said he was finding Scorri scummy. Don't really see the point of keeping it hidden since if he's sending potions to people he's finding scummy, presumably he doesn't care that they learn a role of that sort exists.

Huh, that's weird. I have no idea what the motivation there could be since the person could just call scorri scummy in-thread if that was all it meant. Sorry if I let something out of the bag, but for some reason it's really hard to search for the "alchemist" role and I couldn't unravel the grammar they were using. My bad.

It's not a standard role; I'm guessing they were calling it Alchemist because alchemists make potions. I got a red-orange potion.

Announcer doesn't really have any purpose as a role other than to prove itself.

@BBM (and also @Kay): I'm still not sure exactly what your problems with my rolespec are, except that it seemed to take the place of reads (not true because rolespec is easier than scumhunting for me).

Rolespec doesn't generate proper reads though, so how is it untrue? Also you just said you're rolespeccing instead of scumhunting because it's easier. I assume your point here is that you're not good at scumhunting so you rolespec because it's the only way you feel you can contribute, but that's why rolespec can be scummy. It's also easier for mafia because they can use it to look like they're contributing without generating fake reads.

I just want to clarify that this was an incredibly brief summary too.

Also Rapier get hype because we can totally be night buddies.

Also I'm a bit iffy on Shinori as he pretty much switched vote (to me no less!) as soon as PB accussed him of sheeping; ]]. Plus, he typo'd my name, the bastard. D:

I don't really feel that I was accused of sheeping considering I never actually did sheep and vote onto the target that had stuff piled up on him.

For now I'm gonna do this:

##Vote: Blitz

I don't like the fact that he never had a read on Baldrick across the day. That along side his early 'trap' makes me wary of him because I don't really feel that the supposed trap did anything.

Also I would like to ask you more about your SB vote last phase. Do you only find him scummy in regards to his proto push or is there anything else you don't like about him?

Also how come no one targeted me last night? :(

I also need to say that I won't be on for a while tomorrow. I leave this morning at about 7 AM my time and I'll be gone for about 13-14 hours. So yeah. I'll also be gone for a bit on saturday and sunday as well because of temp job but I'll say when I'll be gone the day before.

Also Blitz's Zeem vote seems super easy,

Finally, since I forgot to say this, fucking Baldrick.

Also I reread Blitz's iso and his play is a lot weaker than I thought it was.

Announcer doesn't really have any purpose as a role other than to prove itself.

Rolespec doesn't generate proper reads though, so how is it untrue? Also you just said you're rolespeccing instead of scumhunting because it's easier. I assume your point here is that you're not good at scumhunting so you rolespec because it's the only way you feel you can contribute, but that's why rolespec can be scummy. It's also easier for mafia because they can use it to look like they're contributing without generating fake reads.

Don't understand the bit about Announcers.

I stand by the assertion that almost all of my rolespec had a purpose but I see what you mean that it's easy activity to hide behind. What I meant was that, if I had avoided rolespeccing completely in favour of scumhunting, my posts would be a fair bit shorter just due to my time constraints, and calling me out for that would be criticizing low activity which is bad. I see that you (and Kay, presumably) are criticizing my choice to do a lot of rolespec over a some scumhunting, which is better than I thought.

Well, Announcer just sends an announcement right? What exactly are they going to include in that announcement? Their scumreads? They can do that regularly. There's really nothing in NOC that needs to be told to the entire game anonymously. It has some strategic value in OC, but in NOC it's really just a durdle role that can easily prove itself. Except mafia Announcers are a thing so proving you're an Announcer doesn't really clear you either.

Insomniac is similar, except it can have some actual effect on the game because what they say during the night could alter what people choose to do with their role. 'Cept you can't guarantee that is going to be helpful to the town so it's not really a much stronger role.

I'm here for like 5 minutes (gotta go to my exam, since it starts for like an hour) but a couple of thngs from a skim. Like kirsche a bit more now, I don't think scum would have bothered to scumhunt during the night if they could just pretend to not have it, or just say they had it and not scumhunt. Something to clarify: my reasons for voting Proto weren't for his inactivity. While it started off as a prod vote, I noticed that in his posts he basically had no reads even though he had big walls of texts in his posts.

Also, I was redirected. I think I know who and what redirected me but I'm not gonna say who to. They shouldn't have noticed any difference anyway. It's probably worth mentioning that the day portion of my role is able to help us lynch even without majority, so we don't need to worry about there only being one wagon like yesterday. Would have unveiled it then, but I didn't have the chance to.

Laying down a vote after I'm back from my exam.