Touhou NOCfia - Game Over

Prims

Apologies to Paperblade for being salty. It's just starting to get to me how often I have to clarify or correct things. I see your response as a misrep but that happens to me surprisingly frequently so I don't value it super highly in terms of scumreading you.

All of the following is based on skimming:

-I still think Proto's pretty scummy, but I'll reread him tomorrow.

-I don't remember the exact dilemma I had come to with Bluedoom (something about hard swings in attitude toward Blitz) but I remember that calling his first vote on Blitz RVS-motivated would be the answer that would dispell my main suspicions, and the fact that his response in post 289 contains exactly that piece of information means that he's either scum and read my mind or town and just didn't clarify his vote earlier. You could also think we're both scum and are coordinating I guess. @Boron: you asked me what my opinion of Bluedoom was and now that he's responded I'll say it's leaning townie.

-Manix needs to develop opinions and post because he looks really scummy to me right now for my aforementioned reasons.

-I realize I never pointed this out from Proto in post 260:
"Aside from that, still suspicious of Kevin for his strong initial attack on Blues, but he seems to have withdrawn so I guess it's fine now."

If I'm not mistaken that bit after the comma is a really bad reason to stop being suspicious of someone.

-Townreads are usually bad but I don't agree with the Baldrick lynch, to small extent because I don't see his BBM attitude as weird (are people still confused about his logic?) and to a larger extent because of this:

"Strege seems to be awkwardly defending me by questioning Paperblade's methods (pedit: cut by the man, what are you going to do)"

If I were town and Baldrick were scum who thought he was getting lynched/vigged soon, he would have one of his scumbuddies say this afterward and use it to lynch/vig me. If I were scum and Baldrick were scum he wouldn't tie us together like that (and I wouldn't be defending him because that mussed things up for Rapier and I last game). Call it WIFOM if you want for the latter case but it seems like a needlessly complex manoeuvre.

I was going to make a better post and look at other people but I'm developing a headache and am going to sleep instead. That's what I get for being angry I guess. I'll post in like 9-10 hours, hopefully, and I'll post before phase end if it kills me.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough that you didn't need to get your hands dirty, right?

Flailing scum much? I like how you have been horribly inactive once the votes piled up on you and then as soon as you saw an oppurtunity to try and pressure someone you are suddenly back without answering any of the questions against you.

And you aren't answering my question about why you refuse to vote someone you think is scum unless they're for sure getting lynched so that you can sit on a guy who hasn't posted in over 24 hours

Cause I don't like Neko and I think he could quite possibly be scum. And my vote obviously wasn't needed on Baldrick at the time, as he was already growing in votes and a hammer isn't required.

Now excuse me while I go reread Kevin.

If that was the question you asked by the way, I did answer it.

Okay, that was a pretty decent breakdown of SB's posts. All of his posts weren't inactive voting or rolespec as it felt like you were claiming before, but it was definitely more than I thought so eh.

##Unvote, too tired to think of a suitable replacement or for a reread. It sort of bothers me though that Baldrick is like the only wagon available. I don't really mind the lynch because a bunch of my scumreads are fizzling out, Baldrick's play has been mostly meh, and this will at least give me good interactions. However, if Baldrick claims something we don't want to lynch (he should claim soon btw), the lack of decent other options is discomfiting, We don't need a hammer, but we do need like 8 or 9 votes IIRC, and the most anyone other than Baldrick has are like 3?

Fera, Umineko means seagulls, not seacats, even those it has "neko" in it.

The reason I stopped voting for Kirsche is that Kirsche did not continue pushing his attack on Blues. The way I see it, Kirsche had nothing better to discuss, found Blues' claim odd and attacked it. After other people pointed out the flaws in Kirsche's logic, Kirsche realized that Blues' claim wasn't really as suspicious as he initially perceived it, and decided to let it go. I still find it suspicious that this was all he really did, but Baldrick is worse in my eyes.

Baldrick, on the other hand, kept discussing BBM's info. Unlike Blues' claim, BBM's info tells nothing about himself; after all, he repeatedly mentioned that his role doesn't receive info and that it was most likely somebody else's doing. Nobody has any clue who this mysterious player is, and the information is completely useless right now, so it didn't make sense at all as to why Baldrick felt the need to keep discussing it when there was no realistic chance that it would achieve anything.

Shinori seems pretty fine to me. He jumped into the Baldrick bandwagon late, but that's probably because he didn't realize that Baldrick was being so persistent about the BBM issue until he ISO'd him. Which makes perfect sense to me, because when you have so many players, it's hard to keep track of how each specific player is behaving as time passes, unless you ISO or write down a whole lot of notes.

Paperblade also seems okay to me. Early on, he seems to have posted his thoughts whenever it was relevant, and afterwards he seems to be analyzing the game pretty well. I wouldn't want him lynched. As far as posts are concerned, Paperblade seems the most townish player to me.

Also, SB, I'm not sure what you're expecting me to post. I post my thoughts as I read through the game and rarely do I actually have strong reads on Day 1, because most of the content is built from the initial RVS fluff. I tend to focus on stuff that are based on more objective data, such as claims, stuff that can't just be thrown around and retracted on a whim. I'm well aware that this makes me a crappy Mafia player, but that's how I've always been.

btw me being on IP Chat absolutely does not mean that I'm active online. All it means is that my laptop is on. I frequently sleep while IP Chat is running, in fact. Now if you saw me posting in IP Chat, that means I'm active, but I haven't seen you there recently myself so I'm assuming you only came in while I was sleeping or reading Umineko.

Proto, do you have scum reads who are not Baldrick, or at least any suspicions on anyone else? I am aware that a significant number of players haven't posted enough to form definitive opinions on, but what do you think about people who have? Like Strege? What is your opinion on SB or BBM? Or me? Do you think Baldrick is scummy based on stuff he's doing currently as well, or is the earlier stuff just too strong?

i've been out, sorry

-Manix needs to develop opinions and post because he looks really scummy to me right now for my aforementioned reasons.

from what i remember (which is not much); i'm pretty sure you haven't mentioned me at all before now??? (actually nvm that, i missed it in reading (checked iso))

i'll address the rest of that when i've eaten

yes i'm aware i need to update my reads but brain doesn't work completely when i wake up and i haven't been around much today

i'll get to it eventually, just hold your damn horses

@Shinori

I'm not scum though. Not that I can prove it.

I agree with BBM. I've been pretty mediocre, and no other wagons have any momentum. I haven't been proactive enough to be worth keeping around. My role isn't valuable enough to keep alive, so there's no point in claiming. The best thing I can do for town now is prevent the phase from rolling to its inevitable anticlimax.

Baldrick, you are Mononobe no Futo, faithful servant to Toyosatomimi no Miko with the ability to manipulate feng shui. You've ascended to a low level of immortality, and having been alive for a while, possess a really long and convoluted backstory based on ancient battles that actually took place during Japanese history (something half of the Touhou fanbase probably doesn't really care about). What's more relevant to this game is that you're a total QT3.14 and have a cool hat to boot!

Your abilities are as follows:
  • Extreme Makeover: Gensokyo Edition (Night, Active): Each night, you may use the command Night X - ##Decorate for <Target> to pretty up a player's room and re-enforce the flow of positive energy throughout their house.
  • This Costed an Entire Fortune of Bells (Night, Active): Once you've decorated another player's house, you may channel everything you've ever learned from playing Animal Crossing and use your manipulation of feng shui to learn who they targeted via Night X - ##Track <Target>. Alternately, you may learn who targeted them via Night X - ##Listen in on <Target>, but in doing so will over-exert yourself and no longer be able to target them unless you arrange their furniture a second time.
  • Royal Clan's Chaotic Dance (Night, Passive): Because Miko summoning you inspires you to have boss dialogue in the middle of a battle for some reason (100% the most revolutionary Touhou feature in Ten Desires), you may PM me a message to be published at the start of the following day via Night X - Publishing "<Text>". It will be made clear that this message is not game flavor. This message can not exceed 50 words.
You are also carrying the following spellcard:
  • Heaven Sign "Iwafune Ascending to Heaven"
    CONDITION: 1-shot, gains shot every time a player you decorated dies, max 2 reserved shots
    By posting ##Declare A, you may speed off on your Nice Boat, prepared to use two active abilities the following night instead of just one. A killing ability may still only be used once, though!
tl;dr you are the Town Tracker. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

He caught Blitz's trap early on but didn't do anything with it, which is mostly a problem just because he hasn't done much to push people.

well i'm unmotivated right now in general so meh not much i can do about that right now

Post 209 is his most significant and it still only expresses suspicion of Baldrick,

nice misrep ignoring the exact section that i put with your name on it (in case you need it more explicit; I had a minor scumread on you because of your damn fixation with responding to BBM and no one else)

and even then he says he had a gut townread of Baldrick at the beginning

oh diddums reads change over time (I townread SB in c9++ early when he was scum, so build a bridge)

and says that after Baldrick voted BBM he "continued to lay the pressure on BBM in subsequent posts which still kinda confuses me" which bugs me because a) I don't see one post that I wouldn't call pressure before he unvoted and b) he doesn't follow up confusion with a direct question (minor point, but he should ask if he's confused). So yeah that seems pretty scummy to me.

maybe i fucked up my memory of my read. but what confused me was baldrick (from what i remember right now) kept trying to find ways to make BBM look scummy because of the information point (courier or what have you)

Night 1

Futo was too cute to live and spontaneously combusted. This was probably karmic since she moonlighted as an arsonist.

pY6jWez.png

Baldrick - Mononobe no Futo - Town Tracker - Modkilled Day 1

It is now Night 1. You have until 9 PM PST tomorrow to send in your night action. Do not post at night unless your role allows you to do so. Rapier may not be targeted.

Players:

2. BBM

3. Blitz

4. Bluedoom

5. BT.

6. Essbee

7. Fera

8. Kay

9. kirsche (Kevin)

10. Laevateinn (Proto)

11. Liquid Snake (Reinfleche)

12. Manix

13. NekoRex

14. Objection!!

15. Paperblade

16. Rapier

17. Sangyul (Boron)

18. scorri

19. Shinori

20. Stahlypin

21. Strege

22. Super Serious Gal

23. Xin'dy

24. Zeem

Dead Parrots:

1. Baldrick - Mononobe no Futo - Town Tracker - Modkilled Day 1

Also, due to tactical modkill, town will only have 51 hours instead of 72 on Day 2. (I didn't realize it was intentional until now.) Edited by Witch

Finally finished packing. Firstly:

##Declare A

So I get the impression that I'm not liked. I do love to put my foot in my mouth. It's tasty. But yeah, if it isn't obvious by the fact that I'm posting now I am the insomniac. It's a pity I have to do this at night, when noone can respond for like 20 hours but oh well better late than never.

Also, before I start analysing the topic, can I just say that you really should have claimed first Baldrick. A tracker claim might've been worth listening to.

He also seems to get kind of touch here in post #168 when he states:

Because you have never gotten touchy when being accused.

At this stage in the game he should at least have some sort of opinion on someone.

If it wasn't obvious I hadn't reread /taken in most of what was said and I didn't really have time to. I figured I would at least participate in the discussion currently happening if I couldn't quite participate in the discussion as a whole.

I find it odd that you're the only one I can find who commented on my lack of input though, especially since there were many suspicious of me (and SB went as far as to say that "at least kirsche is here are posting"). I guess people just forgot about me. Oh wait Bizz says that it's suspicious that that's all I did.

Also I just want to say that you criticised Neko for not dropping a vote after BT calls your first post weak, so the whole "sometimes shit happens thing" seems contradictory.

I'm going to reread, but especially focus on SB and PB and other people's stuff on them.

-Fera voted SB for his RVS vote which seems silly. It didn't seem to be called out on though but I was skimming pretty quickly here.

-Don't like how Blitz and Objection!! kept on voting inactives as late as page 11. There were so many that picking one seems pointless, especially when it wasn't really going to help much to the discussion at the time.

-Fera then rolespecs Rapier based on a mod edit and then removes his vote on SB, stating that it wasn't an RVS vote but in actuality a prod. What was the prod intended to do? I'm not sure and would like elaboration on.

-SB talks about fera's empty vote but still hasn't unvoted Proto for such a simple thing as inactivity.

-Scorri reappeared after like 3 pages after telling us about a group of people she thought was suspicious and promising to vote after rereading. She then votes the guy with the most votes

-Bizz states about how my reasoning on my Marth vote is suspicious, but a few pages ago she stated how it wasn't scummy.

-I want rein to talk because I agree with Marth's opinion on his vote.

-Really don't like how Objection just unvoted as soon as rein posted and didn't make any comments on teh past three pages other than just a summary.

I almost completely agree with PB on every point and am reading him as town. He's pointing out a lot of BS that needed to be pointed out. His in-depth on SB also seems pretty accurate form my view. From that reread I am most suspicious of Scorri, Fera, SB and Objection, and wary of Blitz, Bizz and Rein. I want Fera to explain how in the hell his first vote was a prod and what it's purpose was and why for SB to explain why he focused so much on Proto being inactive.

Also as a heads up I won't be on until late tomorrow. After packing comes the actual moving part. I love 4 hour car journeys.

other than just a summary

I just want to clarify that this was an incredibly brief summary too.

Also Rapier get hype because we can totally be night buddies.

Also I'm a bit iffy on Shinori as he pretty much switched vote (to me no less!) as soon as PB accussed him of sheeping; ]]. Plus, he typo'd my name, the bastard. D:

Day 2

When Koishi stopped speaking up after approximately half a day phase, nobody seemed to notice, and they were even less surprised when she disappeared completely the following night. Maybe they never noticed she was there in the first place, or perhaps it was just because she did this every time she joined a mafia game.

NMNcz2E.png

Rapier - Koishi Komeiji - Town Commuter - Killed Night 1

Underwhelmed by the night's results, a few bored villagers started making some noise:

"BOO! The modkill was pretty lame, especially as I don't think that Baldrick was so far gone that he couldn't have pulled himself out of it. The penalty feels sort of harsh because I don't think town even got much extra info, but shrug."

HA! One competitor down! (another announcer, I mean) I am your even-day announcer, THE SCARIEST OF THEM ALL.

I'm also a spooooooky third party, but fear not, my wincon is benign. I need spellcards, see, so if town uses or hints them Ill eagerly offer my services. Cheers! ^^

It is now Day 2. You have 51 hours to decide on a lynch. With 22 alive, it takes 7 to deadline lynch and 12 to hammer.

Players:

2. BBM

3. Blitz

4. Bluedoom

5. BT.

6. Essbee

7. Fera

8. Kay

9. kirsche (Kevin)

10. Laevateinn (Proto)

11. Liquid Snake (Reinfleche)

12. Manix

13. NekoRex

14. Objection!!

15. Paperblade

17. Sangyul (Boron)

18. scorri

19. Shinori

20. Stahlypin

21. Strege

22. Super Serious Gal

23. Xin'dy

24. Zeem

Dead Parrots:

1. Baldrick - Mononobe no Futo - Town Tracker - Modkilled Day 1

16. Rapier - Koishi Komeiji - Town Commuter - Killed Night 1

ugh that modkill

An even-day announcer who acts N1? Unless he means the day on which it's posted. Also, ITPs who state their wincons are benign normally ping me because what was the need to even state that? Unless he's going to reveal himself, us knowing there is an ITP Announcer with a spellcard-related wincon doesnt really mean anything at all?

Also no kills other than Rapier, who was set to die anyways, which is nice.