SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Ike is the man to end all other men. He's Sully.

The maze's best quality is how freaking creepy it is to play at night. Gods, chills everywhere. And I made SURE I got EVERYONE - because I had the misfortune to read the Nightmare Fuel page for SSB at Tvtropes and someone mentioned how if you don't save a character they're trapped in Subspace forever, unable to move, call for help or have any hope of being rescued.

Which is why I didn't save the Kongs because I hate them.

But the fact that SSB4 won't have something to the scale of the SSE is a relief because that means more space for other features.

Edited by Kamina

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why I didn't save the Kongs because I hate them.

But the fact that SSB4 won't have something to the scale of the SSE is a relief because that means more space for other features.

[/shrugs] Opinions are opinions. Although that's still kind of... K.Rool. XD

I'msosorryIcouldn'tresistpleasedon'tshootme.

Ooh, yeah. Especially since I think the majority of that save file space was because of the in-game movies associated with SE.

Oh yeah, I also liked how Luigi was one of the three that had to go out and save the others! For once, HE was being the hero and Mario and Peach were captured. :D

Oh yeah, I also liked how Luigi was one of the three that had to go out and save the others! For once, HE was being the hero and Mario and Peach were captured. :D

How quickly we forget that Luigi rescued his brother in Luigi's Mansion.

How quickly we forget that Luigi rescued his brother in Luigi's Mansion.

I didn't forget that. Also, Peach wasn't captured in that game. Luigi had to help rescue both her and Mario in the SSE. lol

Oh. Gosh, poor Sakurai. I never knew character selection was so hard on him and his crew. :(

I take back anything I said about not getting the game if Ike and Toon Link are cut. That would really be low of me after reading this. And for all I know, I could find I enjoy playing Chrom or other newcomer we don't know of yet. And I did use Marth as a secondary back in Brawl. I probably will again, since he was kind of fun to play as, despite that I don't like him.

I honestly feel foolish for how I acted before. Sakurai and his team go to so much trouble and I just complain if my absolute favs are cut? They don't need this, not ever.

Dang, now I feel bad for the guy. No wonder he was apprehensive about making a follow-up to Brawl. I feel bad for criticizing some of his odder choices if he honestly takes the roster that seriously. I totally get why the Dojo isn't back too, knowing how...passionate, let's say, fans can get.

Awww... I wish I could fly over to Japan and tell him not to worry so much. He needs a hug. Stat.

Someone in Japan hug this guy!

That's got to be frustrating as heck, I completely understand why he'd be stressed since when Roy and Mewtwo were confirmed not to be in it the internet practically exploded. Having people post hateful things about something just because they didn't get what THEY wanted in YOUR work is probably one of the worst fucking things to deal with.

It's alright, Sakurai. No matter what decisions you make, I'll support them, and if people want to act like a spoiled brat over YOUR project let them go fuck themselves.

Well said, Vashiane! And I somewhat know how Sakurai feels too. This one time on another forum where I had posted my Zelda fic, someone told me I should've done LinkxNavi instead of LinkxZelda. Boy did that irritate me. Might've been a joke, but still. But I've probably said similar things myself in the past, and now I feel foolish for it. It won't happen again, I can tell you that.

Edited by Anacybele

I never knew it was this hard on him regarding the roster choices. I always thought he was the kind of guy that would turn a deaf ear on complaints and have full trust in his own decisions and choices.

Although there's some character choices I still don't approve of to this day (like second versions of Link, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Sonic, and Snake), I felt that he still did a great job with the rosters overall (22 out of 25 for Melee is hardly bad, same with 32 out of 35 for Brawl). As for character choices, most of Sakurai's character choices I never would've guessed would be in Smash Bros. actually became my favourite and most used characters. (Marth, Ice Climbers, and R.O.B.) Even if there's some choices Sakurai might make for the next Smash Bros. I may not approve of (like Snake and Sonic's return as well as still having a secondary Link), I'm still buying the game at launch, since I enjoy Smash Bros. that much.

I also didn't complain at all when K. Rool didn't make it in Brawl. Sure, it would've been nice, but plenty of the characters I wanted already made it in (Lucario, King Dedede, Diddy Kong), and I'm not going to be complaining about the one character I did want that didn't make it when there's so many characters I wanted who are in. There's also plenty of veteran characters that I like playing as, so my most wanted newcomers not being in is far from the end of the world.

I never complained about any of the Brawl cuts since they were all rather reasonable in my eyes (Roy being a one time lord and Mewtwo overrepresenting Gen 1 and not having Pikachu's or Jigglypuff's seniority). They were probably reasonable in Sakurai's eyes, so that's enough for me (though both characters annoy me and I find both of their fanbases annoying, I'll admit that may play a big part in me actually liking Sakurai's cuts).

If anything, I thought all the Melee elitists got to him more than the people who's favourite characters got cut or didn't make it in (I mean, they're the ones that are saying Sakurai is killing Smash Bros. and are showing no appreciation for all the work Sakurai put in for Brawl. Preferring Melee more, sure, but you don't need to go GameFAQs level negative on him and Brawl).

Either way, kudos to Sakurai for putting up with all the complaining and still moving forward with development despite him knowing that he can't please everyone with what he does in Smash Bros.

I would be incredibly butthurt if Sakurai cut toon link and marth from the cast since they're my mains and I love their playstyle and everything about them. But I wouldn't go so far as to criticize and not buy the game I'd just cry find a new main. I knew before that article that it is a very difficult decision to make. But I didn't know Sakurai cared so much about the fanbase.

I don't really even think he wanted to make these games, but then Iwata was like "hey we're going to make smash bros for 3ds and wii u!", and I remember reading that sakurai wasn't given much notice or choice in the decision.

Am I the only one who thinks that Miyamoto is going to ask Sakurai into his office after SSB is complete and tell him his next project is to research what is the best resort in Japan to vacation at?

Bah, thousands would gladly take over Sakurai's job. And do it for free.

Umm no. Thousands would gladly choose the roster for free. That's a small part of Sakurai's job.

Thousands would choose the characters, but only around 10 of them would want to do the programming for the rest of the game.

Yes, this is what I was highlighting in my second point in this post a couple of months back. Particularly the "effort" part.

It's nice to see Anacybele finally lose any ignorance she had towards the amount of effort required to make a roster for the next game. It's somewhat refreshing.

Thousands would choose the characters, but only around 10 of them would want to do the programming for the rest of the game.

The codework behind characters is incredibly dull. I used to work on Brawl+, and every single move has like 20 or 30 lines of code associated with them... so tedious.

It's nice to see Anacybele finally lose any ignorance she had towards the amount of effort required to make a roster for the next game. It's somewhat refreshing.

I must have missed what you said in your past post. But you do realize that I wasn't the only person being "ignorant" and didn't know that it took so much effort, don't you?

Edited by Anacybele