SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Probably why he added two Awakening reps.

Probably. I mean it did only save the series from oblivion. Regardless, if that was the case then I'm glad because that means we got Lucina.

Ohnoez I'll hate Pit 4evar, his voice is so annoying lol.

Also, is this a new Star Fox stage? What about Corneria?

It will probably an exploration of Assault levels.

We will probably only get Brawl stages for this game.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit off topic but is it true that Fire emblem Awakening saved the series from closure. :Ninian:

I think a developer said they went into it thinking it was gonna be the last Fire Emblem game, but since it sold so well I guess it's off the chopping block.

I really hate the topic title and think it needs to be changed. It's very obviously a cheap jab and me and Anacybele and you all seem to find it SO funny.

I'd say its accurate for the majority of the conversations in here and the smash fandom in general.

Plus its Shins thread he can do what he wants.

I really hate the topic title and think it needs to be changed. It's very obviously a cheap jab and me and Anacybele and you all seem to find it SO funny.

It's a hell of a lot more respectful than my shots at people here.

Thank you for your comment, I have changed the title topic appropriately. Note, this may be a thinly veiled attempt to say that if something like that offends you, heaven forbid you run into SoC in a dark alleyway!

People will ALWAYS find something new to bitch about. We just gotta have the thick-enough skin to shrug it off and ignore it.

yeah next thing you know people will complain about how the character portraits in Awakening don't blink in the dialogs or support conversations compared to the previous entries.

man I can't wait until the game is released. Now I can finally play super bash sisters

NQzdCKo.png

New title is perfect for the thread.

I've been looking over the different characters, and I love how much work has been put into King Dedede's expressions. It goes well with him having the best crouch in the game.

King Dedede is just all-around awesome in this game. He's kinda like Slippy's Melee trophy, and his crouch just says "Paint me like one of your French girls."

135px-Slippy_Trophy_Melee.pnghX9BBC4.jpg

I might appreciate 3D more if in practice, he didn't nigh-singlehandedly make playing at least DK competitively a fucking Sisyphean task, with his big_shit dthrow and his big_shit grab range. (in Brawl)

yes, maybe that's also the grumbling of a Wario main who's been sat on across the stage and grab-released into shit more than he cares to remember, and yes, maybe I am bitter, thanks for asking

(they didn't exactly start banning that "infinite" everywhere in the last couple years, did they?)

No one can disagree that Lucina and Ike deserved to be in more than Chrom. And I want Wario in. If not I will be confused about how a fit exercise instructor beat the fatman who farts all day everyday.

Don't worry, Wario was included in this whiteboard marker drawing of smash characters that the smash team or Nintendo or something tweeted (or something) a photo of before they even formally announced the game. (or maybe that was basically the formal announcement?)

Fatman ain't goin nowhere

Edited by Rehab

Okay, how was anyone able to post earlier? The site wouldn't load at all for me for hours. And it wasn't the internet because everything else loaded just fine. o.O

Okay, how was anyone able to post earlier? The site wouldn't load at all for me for hours. And it wasn't the internet because everything else loaded just fine. o.O

The site was down for a good while, but I think some people could still access it.

Yeah... what Rinoa said.

Especially before Awakening, MOTHER had always more fans than FE, at least in the west.
In Japan, I'm not sure; what do you say, SoC??

It's the other way around.
Mother didn't sell well in the west until Wii-U's existence.

If Lucas and Mother 3 wouldn't have a following outside Japan, they wouldn't have mentioned it in the Nintendo Digital Event.

Also, lol at "It was only released in Japan so no one outside Japan knows about it".

Mother always looked boring to me though, honestly. It's about...little kids with psychic powers. Yeah, not my thing.

Way to exaggerate my point. We wouldn't be having this conversation if NOBODY outside of Japan knew about Mother. I meant that far fewer people know about the Mother series since it barely had any exposure outside of Japan. I didn't even know it existed until Brawl. I noticed Ness in Melee, but had no clue where the hell he was from.

They never intended to remove him from the US/Euro SSBB copies either. So...his game never was retconned from us. Even though spoilers were being thrown in the intros.

[spoiler=Warning: Creepy Intro and Spoilers]

The view count is higher than any thing Ike related I've ever seen.

Also, Ana, I dare you to watch ALL of Emile's ending parts. Then tell me Mother 3 isn't heartbreaking or touching. I dare you.

He's also doing Xenoblade since you seem to know absolutely nothing about Shulk or Xenoblade itself.

Mother 3.
Best GBA game evah!

Please tell me this is a joke. PLEASE.

Considering all the shit Lucas goes through in his game and how he grows up during the various events, he's probably more of a man than a lot of these muscular video game heroes.

That no other Mother hero never had to go through.

No, I think both deserve a lot of love! But Lucas doesn't deserve to be called a crybaby wimp, because he goes through a lot of horrible things and still lives through it with hope.

It's tramatic especially for his age. -.-

People, is it really a surprise for someone to think Ike's games are more well-known than Lucas'? In fact, I'd like to see some proof myself; Lucas may have gotten a fan translation that's surprisingly well-known (for being what it is) and a very loyal fanbase, but that still has to compare to Ike's game's actually existing on store shelves. Can anyone prove that Lucas is better-known/more popular/whatever relevant term than Ike? Because I don't think I've seen that, just empty statements about "touching hearts" and a YouTube video. Earthbound also doesn't seem to have had great worldwide sales, making me wonder where all of these Mother fans would have come from in the first place.

So, yeah. Not saying you're wrong but, citation? Because I honestly have a hard time believing that a fan-translation beats out games that were marketed and sold on store shelves. You catch my drift?

We do need an official translation of the game. That is if Nintendo is willing to do so.

Please stop telling me to play Mother games. I've already expressed a disinterest in them. And besides that, I don't emulate.

Not good enough. PoR being on the VC would be fine, except RD exists. Many newbies that play PoR will probably want to play RD as well after that. But RD will remain too hard and expensive to get if only PoR gets any kind of rerelease. That's why I said a bundle containing both games would be the best idea.

*Sigh*

I don't really like to either. But...

Mother 1 and 3 are a must to localize. Hoping that it happens somewhat in the future.

If we're going to go down the release path though I'd much rather a Holy War/Thracia rerelease since they are also hugely under appreciated games as a whole and haven't got a chance to be localized yet.

Please.
Let this be real in the future.

I've looked a bit into Earthbound. It just doesn't interest me. I've some interest in playing some other titles someday, but I still haven't gained enough to buy them.

It's about rl matters.

lol

How can it possibly not be fun?

Edited by Bimbo

The pic of the day has not been mentioned at all for today yet, surprisingly. Wily's Castle is confirmed to be one of the few stages on both versions of the game, and it seems like the stage takes place during the day instead of at night. The Yellow Devil still appears.

Edited by Konnor97

I was kinda hoping they'd use one of the portable games stages

Some Megaman and Bass stage (yes I know it was originally on the SNES)

This makes me curious if Sonic is going to get a different 3DS stage or just get Windy Hill on the Wii U

This makes me curious if Sonic is going to get a different 3DS stage or just get Windy Hill on the Wii U

I am looking forward to seeing anything related to Sonic CD as that was my favorite Sonic game of all time!!!

Edited by Bimbo

I wouldn't be surprised if this SSB pulled lazy moves like Brawl, but hopefully, it'll have less of them.

what kind of lazy moves would that be ? Like having secret characters. I mean seriously who thought of that.!!!!