SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to buy a Wii U, because there are almost no interesting games for me except for Pikmin 3 and SSB4 of course.

It's not worth to buy a console only because of two good games.

If the Wii U will cost <150 € in a few years ... then maybe.

Well it depends on your interests but it also has Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 1+2, Xenoblade Chronicles X and eventually another Zelda and Star Fox game (we might even see Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem some day too). It's been a little slow to start but the good games are arriving

Edited by Jotari

Well it depends on your interests but it also has Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 1+2, Xenoblade Chronicles X and eventually another Zelda and Star Fox game (we might even see Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem some day too). It's been a little slow to start but the good games are arriving

Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors aren't my cup of tea.

I haven't played the Xenoblade series yet, though I'm looking for a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii.

Well, the Star Fox game would definitely interest me.

I still hope for a new F-Zero game after more than a decade.

Let's see ... probably I will buy the Wii U later, if the price is reduced. The same way I did it with the Wii.

I bought the Wii (+ Mario Kart) not until in 2011 for 120 € (about 150 $).

However I only still own it just because of FE9 and 10.

Edited by The Taninator

It's not the Wii U that sucks, it's that 1, Nintendo dropped the ball with marketing it and 2, they didn't give it a very good launch library. The only good launch title it had was...Nintendo Land. I got it for Miiverse and stuff as well as that game though, and I still didn't use it a lot until I got games like New Super Luigi U, Super Mario 3D World, and Mario Kart 8. I love the console, I just wish I'd had more use for it when I first got it.

So I can see why not many people got it at first. I blame the library and marketing it got that made its sales fail, not the Wii U itself.

Edited by Anacybele

I blame the New and Innovative Wii U for having poor sales due to it's pretty boring library of games. Xenoblade was a nice gem, but between another half dozen mario-related games, I don't feel like they've done anything worth getting a WiiU for aside from pushing games out that would work just the same on any other console.

Back when the Wii came out, it was unique as a 6-toed Zebra in Seattle. What exactly does the Wii U do that makes you want to buy it? Graphics aren't wowmazing, it's still weird and quirky with apps and the like, and the library is just like Super Mario World updated, Mario Kart updated, Smash Bros updated, and a few RPGs which came by surprise that would've worked just fine with the Wii

Lol at those saying that Wii U games would have worked just fine on Wii. That's hilarious.

I want mah Metro 2033 to run on the N64 with max graphic settings at 4K resolution with 1024 textures.

Edited by kingddd

Lol at those saying that Wii U games would have worked just fine on Wii. That's hilarious.

What I mean is; between the SNES->N64, N64->Gamecube, Gamecube->Wii, and Wii->WiiU, I see the last variety in graphics and game design in the Wii-WiiU generation

What I mean is; between the SNES->N64, N64->Gamecube, Gamecube->Wii, and Wii->WiiU, I see the last variety in graphics and game design in the Wii-WiiU generation

and the other consoles aren't? At this point most consoles are just updating their systems at this point. Graphical and designs have become so much more complex nowadays it is not worth investing in creating a completely new engine on any games nowadays. You're better off building off from an existing component than creating a new one nowadays.

To be hoenst all the new consoles are doing crap right now. Xbox one has just did their 2nd price reduction and PS4 has almost nothing right now. Wii U? Pfff it only has the niche market which can't sustain itself for too long.

To be hoenst all the new consoles are doing crap right now. Xbox one has just did their 2nd price reduction and PS4 has almost nothing right now. Wii U? Pfff it only has the niche market which can't sustain itself for too long.

That's how I feel about this entire generation of gaming right now. Sure things look a bit more hyperrealistic and/or pretty in 1920x1800 DPI, but the games themselves aren't getting much more innovative/creative, and that's my main beef against the WiiU/X Bone/PS4

I'll say the Wii U's library is pretty great, specially if you add all the stuff that's coming.

Based on the schedule Nintendo just released (and assuming nothing gets delayed), Wii U 2015 is probably going to be one of the best years ever for ANY system as far as exclusives go.

I'll say the Wii U's library is pretty great, specially if you add all the stuff that's coming.

Based on the schedule Nintendo just released (and assuming nothing gets delayed), Wii U 2015 is probably going to be one of the best years ever for ANY system as far as exclusives go.

Where can I see that schedule?

Thanks

I'm sad Xenoblade Chronicles X isn't listed in the 'first-half of 2015' though

Don't worry, the longer they take to make it, the more awesome it'll be.

Huh I wouldn't be expecting New Zelda or Star Fox nearly so soon. They had nothing to show of Star Fox so far and it was only this past E3 that we seen anything Zelda right? At least I think so. Sometimes these E3 blurr together in my lazy memory.

Edited by Jotari

I know the whole limit is annoying, but the fact that there's something there to help you not put as much effort as I did trying to figure it out makes your complaint a little bit moot.

Typical size of the folder is about 15 MB. With a little bit of managing skills, this shouldn't be problem.

If people can put in the time of day to texture hack Brawl, you can spend 10 minutes or less figuring out how to move files to your computer.

My computer freezes when I put in my SD card :( And I already read your help. I would've not complained had I actually been able. I do read the thread, y'know.

Its not that its bad. Its sales are though

If there's one thing I don't get about its sales, it's how people have the money for a console that's weaker and more expensive than the Wii U and yet say that they "don't have the money" for a Wii U.

https://twitter.com/lucasmthomas/status/527837688670744576/photo/1

Current compatibility for other Wii U titles so if you have other titles you may have to consider you amiibo carefully.

Darn, now I have to make sure to not regret picking the wrong amiibo that will end up being incompatible with future titles.

Edited by Kiseki