SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I would bet that the healing of nosferatu is pretty low, and you probably can't spam it anyways due to the durability. Ivysaur in PM can heal multiple ways but its only a little and it isn't broken at all so I'm not really worried about it being banned in tourneys or that one move making robin overpowered.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, they've made the demo available for download?

That video says it was made during E3...

if only.......if only.....

I also highly doubt it since they've been using the E3 build for the last few months to showoff the game. There is a reason why there are Nintendo Reps near each player who were playing the demo. It's because the builds are unstable and can crash anytime. It happened in many Best Buy locations and during E3. The invitational was lucky to not even have a single crash during that tournament.

It crashed twice during my visits. ...And it's too bad that we aren't getting the demo to play at home.

Edited by Bimbo

Primarily, I would have to refer to what for what Rehab said: I can't see how people would take a mode like that seriously, as it's just meant to add more insanity to the pre-existing chaos.

But you are right--there's always the risk that it won't be balanced/implemented properly, and/or someone takes it way too competitively than it is meant to be--making it not fun for alot.

I guess there's also the fact that I don't play Smash competitively anymore--I guess any idea I brainstorm is not one I think with the fgc in mind.

There are ALWAYS people who take some aspect of the game too seriously, whether it's meant to be taken that way or not o3o As I said, my concern isn't that they wouldn't be able to balance it properly-- I'm confident that they would-- I just question whether they have the TIME to balance it properly *shrug* But yeah, after remembering the Animal Crossing game in Nintendoland (which IMO was quite well-balanced for all numbers of players), I'm less opposed to this idea, haha.

So would Tiny, Slow and Invisible Melee, and those 3v1 minigames in Mario Party, be included in this evaluation

I do not have very much to say on the cost/benefit analysis that would face the developers in paying some people to build an extra mode for it and making sure it's so unbalanced to be unfun even as anovelty, versus having them do whatever else they could possibly be doing, (because very little about anticipating games excites me less than speculating what tradeoffs keep the middlemen in video game development companies up at night,) but the potential joy of fingerbeaming your friends or eating them as Rayquaza ought to be fairly self-evident

(as in; how likely it would be for such a mode would make it into a smash game, ever, much less this time around, seems irrelevant to me when asking how cool it would be)

(Unless you are a middleman at a video game development company, and you are physically incapable of thinking of anything that is unlikely to actually get included in the game as cool)

Well I have the exact same beef with 90% of 1v3 games in Mario Party, but if someone gets so earnestly upset over a game as luck-based as Mario Party, there's not much that's not going to set them off. o3o ...But I suppose you've got a point with the Special Melee/Brawl gametypes, though I don't think it's quite the best analogue (since everyone is fighting under equal, if gimmicky, terms). I see where you're coming from though lol. Not everyone is as boring as me when it comes to this stuff, I know... .3.

Yeah... if you play with no items (like in tournaments) Robin is going to be the only character who can heal. Unless the recovery is minimal or the number of uses of Nosferatu is low with a long recharge time, Robin is basically confirmed top tier.

I really doubt Noferatsu is going to be overpowered. The range is pretty small and we don't know the lag for the spell to activate, etc.

^ yeah, this. For one, it's too soon to assume anything of the sort. And secondly, there's ALWAYS a cost associated with healing moves; this one's seems to be that it's probably not effective (read: not worth using) unless you can get someone from behind, and in the competitive environment (the only people who care about tiers) where everything is 1v1, how often is a Robin player honestly going to get that opportunity? No one (barring noobs) is dumb enough to turn their back on him/her like that.

Anyone considered what it's like when Robin final smashes Lucina? I can just imagine Lucina going, "Father, why!?"

And then imagine female Robin final smashing Lucina in a world where she married Chrom...

"Sorry honey, it's nothing personal. Just hold still!"

Edited by BANRYU

Anyone considered what it's like when Robin final smashes Lucina? I can just imagine Lucina going, "Father, why!?"

And then imagine female Robin final smashing Lucina in a world where she married Chrom...

Lol, domestic issues much?

So this guy discovered a trick to do in the new Smash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLmm1joZm6wUViu_zYaXi0hKXeylaTAMrD&v=sTHyYHin2lg&app=desktop

Your thoughts?

Olimar just made a mint, baby

On one hand, some primal aspect of my smash-playing psyche is going FREEDOM FROM TURNAROUND ANIMATIONS YERR

On the other hand, I wonder if Wario and Little Mac might hafta work a little harder to get in :{

(though I wonder if the former's runaway game might get even better) (yeah I know Wario isn't known for his grounded moveset, let me daydream)

(oh wait fuck, I wonder if this might be good for runaway in general)

(that is IMO not generally something which needs to be much better than it already is!)

[an acknowledgment that it's a demo and that I Don't Know Shit about how the game will turn out overall, etc]

Edited by Rehab

Their healing is much more limited, though.

Clearly you've never had a fully charged Samus fire into your PSI Magnet, giving you 30-odd percent taken off of your damage meter.

Yeah, all the more reason for me to write that female Robin is married to Frederick (and male Robin is married to Sumia). :P

Can you please keep your crappy fan fiction out of this thread, please.

Nosferatu won't make Robin op.

1. Its limited

2. It probably won't do much damage.

Interesting to note this is the first smash move to be better when hitting someone from behind. If Shulk is in the game and gets backslash it'll be similar in that aspect.

Considering Backslash is one of Shulks best attacks in Xenoblade I wouldn't be surprised

Can you please not be an asshole and call my work crappy when you probably haven't even read it?

Amen.

Clearly you've never had a fully charged Samus fire into your PSI Magnet, giving you 30-odd percent taken off of your damage meter.

To be fair, in a tournament setting, this happens once, and the other player will be more wary of how they use it.

One option is to use it right as you're recovering, reducing your options.

If you're too greedy and go for the heal, you have less chance of recovery.

Nosferatu won't make Robin op.

1. Its limited

2. It probably won't do much damage.

We'll see how practical it is once the game comes out.

There are a lot of possible game-changers that we don't even know about yet.

Edited by shadowofchaos

there are english subtitles if you have closed captions on

Oh, that's what that button is for? I had no idea, thanks. :P

EDIT: Ugh, god damn it. I have no problem if you people wish for me to NOT bring up my fanfiction, but there is still NO need to call it crap.

Edited by Anacybele

Clearly, that Samus was a complete idiot. What Samus player in his/her right mind would ever use the Charge Beam on Ness? No, if we're talking viable competitive play, healing moves usually have too much of an opportunity cost.

EDIT: SoC gives a perfect example. To contradict myself from two seconds ago, using the Charge Beam while Ness is off-stage would be a smart move. If he PSI-Magnets, Samus can close in while he's trying to PK Thunder for an easy D-air spike or some shit.

Edited by BANRYU

Point is Ness and Lucas have a very useful healing ability that can't be used in all circumstances but still provides a good recovery or forces opponents to completely neglect most of their projectiles which can affect an entire play style. Like wise Nosferatu will most likely have a very useful affect but will be very risky to use and not only worth it. Ness and Lucas can't safely use the PSI Magnet all the time, I imagine Robin will not be able to safely use Nosferatu all the time too.

Remember how SSB4 had noticable lag on moves when people talked about how it felt on smashboards?

If Nosferatu has as much move ending lag as the Falcon Punch does charging... That might be a way to balance it.

I mean let's face it, Falcon Punch is only practical in group "for fun" matches, or if you REALLY want to disrespect your opponent (in good fun of course).

Edited by shadowofchaos

I was referring to the fact that they require energy-based projectiles to heal whereas Robin can heal off any opponent at any time.

I was referring to the fact that they require energy-based projectiles to heal whereas Robin can heal off any opponent at any time.

At any time provided they can hit their opponent. If Nosferatu has frames like Ganondorf's Up Tilt it would probably be considered the worst special in the game even if it 1 hit ko'd whom ever it hits and restored a stock.

At any time provided they can hit their opponent. If Nosferatu has frames like Ganondorf's Up Tilt it would probably be considered the worst special in the game even if it 1 hit ko'd whom ever it hits and restored a stock.

Obviously it might not be all that good, but not everyone is a competitive player.

Magolor (Kirby: Return to Dreamland)

Andy (Advance Wars)

Zael (The Last Story)

Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)

Outside of Magolor, those are highly discussed/requested characters. Although I'll prefer Bandana Dee, Sami and Calista instead of the first three to represent those series.

9xqet3e.png

My new roster. Rate out of 10.

No Goku -0/10

Magolor is a nice alternative to the usually requested Waddle Dee, interesting choice. Wonder how he would play. First time I've seen Zael requested too, interesting ideas. How would Andy play, though?

Edited by Alertcircuit

No Goku -0/10

Magolor is a nice alternative to the usually requested Waddle Dee, interesting choice. Wonder how he would play. First time I've seen Zael requested too, interesting ideas. How would Andy play, though?

Even though that the rooster will be MUCH bigger than that as we are getting DLC characters.